Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Bama jump us in the polls?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,188

Does Bama jump us in the polls?

Oct 4, 2015, 12:53 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Bama jump us in the polls?

Oct 4, 2015, 12:56 AM

I was telling my dad,clemsontiger1988, that earlier. Bama will go one spot ahead of us because at least 2 sec teams must be in the top ten at all times... Gators may even jump to top 5!!!!!!! I know I like to exaggerate but ####, the polls are pitiful

I just put you at a 100 percent pulse.

Oct 4, 2015, 1:05 AM

And your not a real tiger fan. #Bandwagon

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, just Florida***

Oct 4, 2015, 12:59 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 1:04 AM

The only "prediction poll" I saw had Bama jumping us, with Clemson not jumping anyone who didn't lose this week. It would be a little insane if that happened, right? But, that's probably how it's going to be. Here's the beauty of the self-fulfilling SEC prophecy, with Bama being the main subject here:

1. Bama loses to a mediocre team - a team which was already favorably rated because they're also in the SEC West.
2. Mediocre team catapults into the Top 5 with several 1st place votes
3. Bama has an impressive win against a quality opponent.
4. Mediocre team loses to another mediocre team, because that's what mediocre teams do. Somehow nobody seems to care what this says about Alabama.
5. Bama returns to Top 5 after impressive win because, well, "they should be there!"

Oct 4, 2015, 1:41 AM

It should also be noted that while there was a lot to be frustrated with about tonight's game, we still won and probably should have controlled the game throughout. There hasn't really been a true "statement" win this year for any undefeated team. Ole Miss beating up on Bama in Tuscaloosa certainly would have fit the bill if the Rebels didn't get crushed by Florida tonight. Other than that win, what else is there?

Ohio State is getting a lot of benefit of the doubt since they're the defending champs. I understand it, but wow, Florida State was getting crapped on constantly last season when doing the same thing. Sort of shows you how little the press respects the ACC.

Michigan State is another darling. They're getting a lot of love for their "impressive" win against Oregon, who is now showing they're actually a below-average squad. On top of that, they've been going to the wire against terrible teams, most recently edging out the ferocious Purdue Boilermakers 24-21 at home.

TCU has a fantastic offense, but they have been this close to losing twice now, against much lesser teams. Their defense is pretty pathetic.

Baylor seems pretty solid, but we don't really have much to go on because their opponents prior to today were SMU, Rice, and some guy named Lamar.

LSU has a great defense once again and they have an insanely good back in Leonard Fournette. But for as unimpressive our win was against Louisville on a short week, their win against Syracuse is at the very least an equal. Tonight they were beating Eastern Michigan, the worst rushing defense in the nation, by 8 points at the end of the third quarter, at home.

Am I saying we're definitely better than these other teams? No. But I think the B.S. we've been getting from the media is pretty unfair because nobody has stepped up yet this season. I don't have a problem doubting Clemson's abilities--heck, I have my doubts if we continue calling games the way we have on offense--but there was NOBODY in the media this week who gave us a chance against the Irish, and now I think we're just going to hear excuses since we won the way we did.

Oct 4, 2015, 2:03 AM

Def jump us, #13 beating #8 on the road by 35 where we won by 2 at home against #6 team...I have no problem with that, but Bama would've prob jumped us if they won by 1 due to media BS, that is the reality of the bias.

Oct 4, 2015, 2:07 AM

I still have a problem with it. They still got slapped by Ole Miss at home, and that needs to count for something. As I listed in my "steps" above, somehow Alabama gets a free pass for losing to mediocre teams. Other teams would drop into the 20s, but not the Tide. They're on the precipice of a Playoff ranking two weeks after being EMBARRASSED by a so-so team.

I agree 100% with everything you just said.

Mar 13, 2019, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Bama jump us in the polls? ]

Well done. +1

Don't forget that we're one game behind many teams due to

Oct 4, 2015, 2:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Does Bama jump us in the polls? ]

already having our bye week. Will even out once they hit theirs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,188
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic