Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is DW#4 out of Heisman race at this point??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Is DW#4 out of Heisman race at this point??

Oct 4, 2015, 12:09 AM

Kiser throws for big yards at our place, and our guy has the top qbr in the nation yet can't get over 100 pass yards??

We started playing conservative, clock management and play calling. I was hoping we could open up our offense. It helps our perception for the playoff hunt if our QB is putting up numbers. If I can tell what play we are running then something needs to be done.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares. Continue the team wins***

Oct 4, 2015, 12:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is DW#4 out of Heisman race at this point??

Oct 4, 2015, 12:11 AM

Heisman's are to consider after the year is over - winning big games is what you think about during the season.

Thank the OCs. My patience is wearing thin. There better be a short leash. You get one year!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better be a short leash???

Oct 4, 2015, 12:12 AM

Good grief.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Better be a short leash???

Oct 4, 2015, 12:14 AM

O has been conservation and predictable. If you cannot produce with this talent you have to be gone. We cannot afford on the job learning.

Oct 4, 2015, 12:24 AM

I think Rob Spence is available.

Oct 4, 2015, 12:27 AM

Looks like he already came back.

Coots win today?***

Oct 4, 2015, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Is DW#4 out of Heisman race at this point?? ]

I think so...

he plays well, but doesn't look the same as last year. Basically, does not look good enough to be Heisman candidate this year.

But let's celebrate the win we just had! Ugly, but a W!!!!

Go Tigers!

Way out of it. He won't even get an invite to NY at this point. You can thank ScElliot for that.

Oct 4, 2015, 12:17 AM

I don't think there is a more talented QB out there, and with weapons. Yes it's a win but if it's not concerning to you that we have put him in a box then I don't know what else to say.

He throws as good a ball as I've seen and can run. He had more rush yards and less than 100 pass yards tonight.

We left points and statement wins out there the past two games.

The statements we made the past 2 games are a road conference game on a Thursday night, and a win against a top 10 opponent.

Oct 4, 2015, 12:31 AM

FWIW, ND's QB is a freshman, and was playing against our defense, which is much better than ND's. He had a higher completion % and threw for 321 yards tonight. Even Louisville's QB threw for more yards than Watson when we played.

Let's face is: Scott & Elliot don't know what the heck they're doing when it comes to play calling.

FOUR and O. GO TIGERS!***

Oct 4, 2015, 1:03 AM

Re: FOUR and O. GO TIGERS!***

Oct 4, 2015, 1:07 AM

Yea man, Go Tigers. I live and die with our team. That's why I get so upset when I see so much offensive potential going to waste.

Oct 4, 2015, 1:58 AM

I think not having Mike Williams is taking its toll, Artavis should've caught that TD pass but I counted 3 other big balls that would've been big MW plays if in...and I would imagine as a result our downfield passing has suffered. Let's see DW's numbers when #7 is back, right now just keep winning.

Oct 4, 2015, 2:19 AM

I agree that we're missing Williams...but he's gone for the year. We can't just wait for him to come back.

The problem is we have Artavis Scott, a freshman All-American, Charone Peake, a former 5-star receiver, Germone Hopper, a former 4-star receiver, and now Deon Cain & Ray Ray McCloud III, both 5-star receivers. We have elite talent across the board. I understand hiccups following losing Mikey Williams, but we had been playing subpar competition up until tonight and yet the only receiver we seemed to have was Tay. Cain had a bad drop tonight, as did R2M, but they have been playing very well up until now...though their reps have been very, very limited. However Hopper and Peake have been criminally underwhelming, and they're at a point in their careers where that's not going to change.

We have enough talent where we should be able to do more/less anything we want in the air, with the exception of playing against ND or FSU.

Oct 4, 2015, 6:26 AM

How many passes did ND drop? Give our guys a little break the weather was tough.

Oct 4, 2015, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Is DW#4 out of Heisman race at this point?? ]

Agree 100%. Our offensive play calling has been killing Watson the past two games.

What a silly thing to worry about***

Clemson

Agreed...we all hoped the Tigers would be right...

...where they are now, 4-0. Take that and get ready for a nasty game next week against the cut-blockers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Nope***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, but i could have said that after louisville

DW is solid but this season already isn't panning out to put up enormous heisman numbers. No knock on him, just not gonna get there.

Really...that's what you're going with...smh***

Oct 4, 2015, 12:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, unless he wins out

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn't matter...

They're so far stuck up Fournette's ### it isn't even funny.

those INTs just killed any chance he had.***

Oct 4, 2015, 12:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 4, 2015, 12:21 AM

Just win baby!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2015, 12:23 AM

The season is just getting started, and the past 2 games we have played the best 2 defenses we will see this year. I'll take a 2 point win over huge numbers any day though.

no***

Oct 4, 2015, 12:25 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet 100 on Eston at 25-1.....That said,...

Oct 4, 2015, 12:32 AM

I think it's almost already a formality. I think that RB from LSU, Forsette, has it. You never know though. I obviously want Watson for multiple reasons.

100 on Watson at 25-1***

Oct 4, 2015, 12:34 AM

nm

SUCK it

Oct 4, 2015, 12:32 AM

COOT

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Open the playbook Coach Elliot!

Oct 4, 2015, 12:38 AM

I agree completely...Winning by playing not to lose is getting old...Why not let the offense cut loose and play the entire game as they should. Giving these last second chances to tie us is asking for someone to do just that. Open the playbook Coach Elliot!

Re: Open the playbook Coach Elliot!

Oct 4, 2015, 12:44 AM

If I'm predicting plays, I know a good d can diagnose. I thought the best call of the night was coming out in 5wr set for designed QB run.

However, when we showed that formation again, we didn't have to run the exact same play! Actually throw it out of that set, so DW4 doesn't have to continue to take a pounding.

The fact we are not using our QB smartly is going to bite us, whether it's vs GT, FSU, ncst, Miami...whoever. If we were down by a lot would we actually be able to run routes and execute a 2 minute style offense?

Oct 4, 2015, 12:54 AM

We get to the playoffs ,Sure but fournette is leading!Heck man we 4-0! 12-0 yea we talk

Watson is after a win. PERIOD!***

Oct 4, 2015, 1:05 AM

Oct 4, 2015, 2:19 AM

If we keep winning it will not matter...Clemson will be in the playoffs for NC and DW will be in hunt for the Heisman....Go Tigers!!!!

Who care, a W is all that matters***

Oct 4, 2015, 3:02 AM

As Dabo said when he was interviewed at the half of the 2011 AU game

Oct 4, 2015, 3:16 AM

"Who gives a crap?"....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As Dabo said when he was interviewed at the half of the 2011 AU game

Oct 4, 2015, 3:51 AM

If it comes down to it we need him to be hyped up which is easier to sell for a playoff spot.

Right now the media and fans are underwhelmed, which is appropriate based on what he's done so far.

We played to win...Thats worth far more than leading...

Oct 4, 2015, 4:13 AM

the Heisman race at this point in the season.

Yes. Especially with Mike Williams done***

Oct 4, 2015, 4:49 AM

Oct 4, 2015, 8:19 AM

All you care about is a Heisman TROPHY? Bro let it go. we are 4-0 and just beat the #6 team in the country. Why air it out when you dong have to? I sound like a robot saying this repeatedly. IT WAS RAINING!!!!!!! You guys are hell bent on this Chad Morris offense. Yea we scored a crap load of points, we had a terrible defense at times. we had to score 45-50 points to win. Remember the Maryland game.. HOLY CRAP.. we had no choice to score that many points. We couldn't stop a running QB to save our lives. Our defense is keeping the scores low so our offense doesn't have to be antsy and HAVE to score every time they get the ball. Football is a field position game. If you have a good defense and a team is having to drive 70 yards every drive to score a touchdown you are doing your job.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic