Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking for recruiting information
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,534

Looking for recruiting information

Sep 27, 2015, 4:07 PM

Which prospects are we still pursuing - information appreciated.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking for recruiting information

Sep 27, 2015, 5:18 PM

there does not seem to be any????????????????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2015, 5:55 PM

Rahshaun Smith and John Simpson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sep 27, 2015, 6:10 PM

smith, Simpson, Overton, Osborne, smith, Clayton, givens, Mullen, Manuel

Oct 8, 2015, 6:28 AM

when you say Manuel is this the same IMG Manuel?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2015, 8:27 PM

Thanks to all for the information. TigerBry83 - lots of work there:)

A few new faces starting to emerge...

Oct 8, 2015, 8:29 AM

We're still on track with some of the folks who have been on our radar for quite some time- OL John Simpson, WR Diondre Overton, DL Dexter Lawrence - but it's some new talent lately which has created some buzz. In some other news, Clemson has ended all communication with DE Tony Clayton according to his coach. While we'd like to get DL Rashan Gary on board for a visit, it appears that Michigan is the team to beat for his services. Local offensive lineman Cade Stewart was in attendance this past weekend and could end up at Clemson as a walk-on; as he does not yet have an offer. Though he was scheduled to visit this past weekend, LB Rahshaun Smith was unable to make it up for a visit. Nonetheless I agree with those who feel he still ends up at Clemson. Speaking of IMG Academy recruits, we're still in the mix and not out for DE Shavar Manuel.

Manuel, 6-5 270, has stated before that he'll be in Clemson for the showdown against FSU. The highly talented recruit managed to rack up nearly 50 sacks and eight forced fumbles through his first three seasons of high school at Tampa Blake. This season has been no different as he has nearly lived in the opponents backfield and disrupts the entire offense. Florida has made a huge push with him lately and he took an official visit there for the UT game. LSU, FSU, and Auburn are also in the mix.

We're looking at getting at least one more taller receiver and while it appears likely that Overton is our guy there is another huge talent who has surfaced on our radar lately. For some, this is a new name but Drake Davis of IMG Academy is taking a huge look at us. Davis, 6-4 215, has confirmed that Clemson is interested in him and it seems to be quite mutual when listening to recent interviews. He's looking at taking an official visit to Clemson this fall. Ole Miss would seem to be the team to beat for his services.
Here's a great clip displaying his abilities
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3LGnU65Fzg
http://247sports.com/Player/Drake-Davis-37743
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9uAZcASegM

In the secondary, we're still looking for one more take. Troy Pride is an instate guy who we've been in contact with and he attended the Notre Dame game. I cannot confirm that he has an offer from us though. Marquill Osborne is a huge prospect we're looking at getting on campus for a visit but he's still a solid Tennessee commit as of now. I'm sold on his ability but not his level of interest in us right now. He's a former teammate of Mark Fields and Van Smith, who are currently trying to recruit him to Clemson.

ATH Stephen Davis Jr is another to keep tabs on as there has been plenty of communication lately between Davis and the Clemson staff. Davis is out for the year with an injury and his role has been limited the past few seasons because of his teams scheme. Prior to the injury he was moved to RB and didn't disappoint. On Clemson: “We just go back and forth, talking with each other. Seeing what I can do, to get back up there and watch a game. The Clemson spring game was live. I really had fun at the Clemson spring game. I’m just imagining what a real game is like. The defense, I like the way they run their defense.”

Myles Dorn, 6-2 200, is another prospect who has recently received an offer from Clemson. A 3* propsect according to most services. ESPN rates him the #32 ATH and gives him 3*. Dorn finished his junior season with 75 receptions for 1,300 yards and 19 touchdowns on offense. Defensively, he had 77 tackles and five interceptions. In a recent game against Independence High, Dorn had 12 receptions for 173 yards and a score. His father, Torin Dorn Sr, played for UNC. His brother plays basketball at N.C. State. The Wolfpack like Dorn as a WR while UNC would like to put him at the safety position.

Though we jumped in late with an offer, Tony Butler is another defensive back we're keeping an eye on. Butler, 6-2 195, was slated to announce last week but delayed the decision until a later date. As a junior, Butler had 27 tackles, 10 pass break ups, three interceptions and a forced fumble. His top four schools are Clemson, Arizona State, Rutgers, and Michigan. Butler was a former Pittsburgh commit but decommitted on July 3 after not visiting the campus. He decided to decommit before taking many visits to other schools. Film- http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2627982/highlights/214810380/v2

The Tigers may not be out of it for highly touted DB Trayvon Mullen who lists a Top 3 of FSU, LSU, and Clemson. He's still stating that he will take an official visit to Clemson at some point in time, likely the FSU game. Here are some tidbit on him-

Int clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOwHIbjqNr4

Notes from the Miami Nike Opening- Early on, it just looked like Mullen was just going through the motions and not really focused on the drills, but when the time came to compete, he was all in.

Mullen was tested with some of the top wide receivers in Florida and he passed tests against smaller, quicker receivers and the bigger, longer ones Saturday. He is very long, so his recovery ability is a strength and that length really helps in different ways against receivers of all sizes.

He showed he can play on and off coverage, but he really excelled in press where he could use the arm length to knock receivers off routes and throw off the timing between the receiver and the quarterback.

His back pedal is a little choppy and he needs to sit a little lower on the move, but he has very loose hips and he transitions well in coverage. He ran with the fast guys and showed good eyes in coverage as well. http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1523456-inside-look-cb-trayvon-mullen?s=73

Re: A few new faces starting to emerge...

Oct 8, 2015, 9:43 AM

Okay, so who pulls the trigger next and commits to us?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I could tell you who commits next but

Oct 8, 2015, 11:04 AM

it's all just speculation at this point in time. It wouldn't be a shocker to see somebody commit at the FSU game. If you thought the Notre Dame game guest list was amazing then the FSU visitors list will really blow your mind. Its going to be a special day for sure.

Simpson is announcing in early January at the USA AA game and I'm feeling confident he'll commit to Clemson. Tony Butler pushed his announcement back also. Dexter Lawrence, I believe, is announcing on signing day (unless something has changed).

I guess I could see Diondre Overton being next but I'd really like to see some big surprise commit. Certainly I wouldn't mind one from any of the IMG boys like Rahshaun Smith, Jordan Anthony, Shavar Manuel, Saivion Smith, Drake Davis, Josh Kaindoh, Cam Spence or any of em.

Re: I wish I could tell you who commits next but

Oct 8, 2015, 11:17 AM

Rahshaun Smith is an early enrollee, so I believe he'd be the next commit. We could also see a surprise 2017 or even 2018 commitment before then, though - we lead or are in the top group for an absurd amount of talent in those two classes. Watch 2018 LB Dax Hollifield in particular - kid is a thumper. Not a likely early commitment, but we've led throughout the process.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,534
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic