Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DE Tony Clayton sees Clemson drop off, SC move in, per KornC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,043

DE Tony Clayton sees Clemson drop off, SC move in, per KornC

Sep 25, 2015, 1:41 PM

September 24, 2015 by Phil Kornblut

DE Tony Clayton of Vienna, GA is one one of the nation’s top prospects at his position and for most of the summer and this season he’s had Clemson, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee and Florida State. But according to his coach, Clemson no longer is recruiting Clayton and USC has come on to show a lot of interest in recent weeks.
“Clemson had been recruiting him hard until they got those commitments (from defensive ends),” Dooly County coach Jimmy Hughes said citing the commitment from Xavier Kelly as key to the Tigers’ being finished at defensive end. “Once they reached that number, they had to move on. Clemson has told him that, which I appreciate very much. They told me a couple of weeks ago. A lot of people won’t tell you the whole truth. Coach Caldwell and Coach Swinney were up front and honest.”
Clayton visited Clemson in mid-June and that visit put Clemson high up on his list. But Kelly committed a little over a month later apparently giving the Tigers the one defensive end they plan to take in the 2016 class.
USC recruiter Deke Adams was at Clayton’s game last Friday night and according to Hughes the Gamecocks are very interested in his talented pass rusher.
“South Carolina is recruiting him real hard and putting a lot of resources into it,” the coach said. “I would think South Carolina has a decent shot. He wants to play in the SEC and it’s not that far from home.”
Clayton plans to go to Florida this Saturday for the Tennessee game. He’s also been to Tennessee this season. Friday Clayton will receiving his Under Armour All-American jersey during a ceremony at his school.

Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)4Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)41Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)1More
Filed Under: Recruiting, Sports

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So is he leaning to Southern Cal or South Carolina?

Sep 25, 2015, 1:43 PM

some sentences contain both

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USuC***

Sep 25, 2015, 1:51 PM

Re: So is he leaning to Southern Cal or South Carolina?

Sep 25, 2015, 2:01 PM [ in reply to So is he leaning to Southern Cal or South Carolina? ]

Auburn, Florida, Clemson, UGA.

It will be one of these 4 schools.

Clemson has to wait and see if Carl Lawson goes pro.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

so you dont see him going to Southern Cal OR s. carolina ?

Sep 25, 2015, 2:03 PM

and if Lawson doesnt go pro, is he coming to Clemson ?

there seems to be a lot of stuff going on------

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I don't.

Sep 25, 2015, 2:07 PM

Clemson is still recruiting him but we don't have a spot available right now.

If Lawson leaves early then yes, he is a take. He maybe an oversign anyways but we're also looking to oversign at DT and WR.

It's a numbers crunch right now.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I did not realie Carl Lawson played for Clemson.***

Sep 25, 2015, 2:54 PM

Re: I did not realie Carl Lawson played for Clemson.***

Sep 25, 2015, 2:59 PM

I'm thinking they are talking about Shaq. Carl plays at Auburn.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha! I've had Carl on my mind all week.

Sep 25, 2015, 3:01 PM [ in reply to I did not realie Carl Lawson played for Clemson.*** ]

Feel sorry for the guy.

Carl?

Sep 25, 2015, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: So is he leaning to Southern Cal or South Carolina? ]

nm

WHO is K?

Sep 25, 2015, 2:00 PM

Why is Clayton visiting Clemson on Oct. 3?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: WHO is K?

Sep 25, 2015, 2:01 PM

Because Clemson is still recruiting him.

"Putting a lot of resources into it". Does this mean more

Sep 25, 2015, 3:21 PM

than the usual Bag Men cometh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,043
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic