Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Campus Update: Clemson student makes Top 7 in Miss America Pageant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Campus Update: Clemson student makes Top 7 in Miss America Pageant

Sep 13, 2015, 11:19 PM

Clemson student makes Top 7 in Miss America Pageant

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not seventh place, either sixth or seventh. She and Miss

Sep 14, 2015, 1:03 AM

Tennessee were eliminated at the same time, meaning one of them finished sixth and the other seventh. While we will never know, my guess is Dial finished sixth and not seventh.

I turned the TV off after she sang

Sep 14, 2015, 7:48 AM

knew she wasn't going all the way after that....

Great try and thanks for being ALL IN, girl!

She lost on a gun control question...

Sep 14, 2015, 7:50 AM

Didn't give the liberal answer.

I only saw the end when they started the questions. Of course I don't know if that made the difference, but I don't like the political bias on the questions. Miss Georgia got off easy on the Tom Brady question.

Very proud of Daja. She had a lot of poise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very proud of Daja, but you are right she lost out of the

Sep 14, 2015, 8:04 PM

runner-up positions on her answer. Not necessarily because her answer wasn't liberal, but rather it made no sense. I don't think you have to be liberal to say that no military assault rifles should not be available to the general public. That was the question and that was as easy as it gets. It wasn't a general gun control question. Her answer should have been, "Military assault weapons should absolutely not be available to the general public. They are made for one thing only and that is to kill people in mass numbers. Why would anyone other than the military need one."

I don't think that was the difference in her winning and losing the title as Georgia's answer was an absolute mess and still is today. Yet that bungle was not enough to keep her from winning. Why? I think her talent was far and away better than anyone else and add to that her enormous energy in all other areas and that secured the crown.

At the end, with just Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee remaining after the runner-ups, I thought it could be Georgia or South Carolina. I think Tennessee was last of those three. I thought because of Georgia's answer being so bad, and her slight stumble in evening gown, that Daja might win, but then that would have meant Georgia not even being in the top-five and I couldn't see that happening with her talent. I think with a decent answer, Daja might have finished 4th runner-up or 3rd runner-up. I think in looks, Daja was definitely among the top-4 or 5, and was every bit as physically attractive as the winner and 1st runner-up.

In the end, you don't finish top 6 or 7 in Atlantic City at Miss America for being chopped liver. We should all be very proud. She represented our state and university exceptionally well. She would have been a fine Miss America, but only one can be chosen each year.

Re: Very proud of Daja, but you are right she lost out of the

Sep 14, 2015, 8:15 PM

SHUT up, it was the booger eating liberals fault.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic