Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I dont know about ya'll but T. Boykin
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,267

I dont know about ya'll but T. Boykin

Sep 4, 2015, 9:50 AM

did not impress me last night and neither did TCU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's 1 game. Do you think he's no good all of a sudden?***

Sep 4, 2015, 9:53 AM

Re: It's 1 game. Do you think he's no good all of a sudden?***

Sep 4, 2015, 11:01 AM

I think T. Boykin is a good athlete, I'm just saying last night he was not impressive, at least throwing the ball. He has wheels and will always have good rushing stats. Last night against Minnesota I thought he would have shown more. 5.9 ypa is not that great.

He still has all season to build his Heisman resume.

Re: I dont know about ya'll but T. Boykin

Sep 4, 2015, 9:54 AM

I agree, but gotta give teams somewhat of a break first game. Clemson hasn't always looked great their first week plus Minn, while not a powerhouse, isn't a bad team. Still think TCU has to go undefeated to make the playoff, but doesn't matter how they win if they keep on winning.

If TCU keeps winning close games against inferior

Sep 4, 2015, 9:58 AM

talent, then they should drop out of the top 4 even if they stay undefeated, right? That's how FSU was treated. Sure, ultimately they made the playoffs, but still...the precedent has been set.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

correct***

Sep 4, 2015, 9:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: If TCU keeps winning close games against inferior

Sep 4, 2015, 10:27 AM [ in reply to If TCU keeps winning close games against inferior ]

Correct, but ultimately it doesn't matter where they are ranked during the season...it's at the end of the season that matters and the playoff committee will not leave an undefeated P5 out.

So if there are 4 undefeated teams

Sep 4, 2015, 10:47 AM

(I know that's unlikely), let's say Clemson, TCU, Ohio State, and Southern Cal. Plus a 1-loss Bama team who wins the SECCG. Clemson and TCU barely scrape by unscathed winning most of their games in a very close fashion. You don't think a 1-loss Bama knocks out an undefeated team?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So if there are 4 undefeated teams

Sep 4, 2015, 11:46 AM

I just don't think they can leave out an undefeated P5. That sets a precedent to allow undefeateds to be omitted even without 4 undefeateds. SEC would just have to deal with it that season if it were to happen. Remember, the committee isn't made up of ESPN sportscasters, although I was pretty peeved last year with TCU left out, but I am biased.

Minnesota's a pretty good, well coached team

Sep 4, 2015, 11:08 AM

Nobody pays much attention to them, but they won 8 games last year, beat Nebraska, played Wisconsin close, and came within one score of Ohio State. I mean, the team that won the national championship last year only beat Minnesota by one score, so TCU just beating them by one score isn't awful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I dont know about ya'll but T. Boykin

Sep 4, 2015, 11:09 AM

It was the first game on the road against a not terrible Minnesota team.

I wouldnt write him off just yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,267
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic