Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
9-3 seem like a realistic prediction/expectation to others?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

9-3 seem like a realistic prediction/expectation to others?

Sep 2, 2015, 5:24 PM

Just wondering.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems about right. 8-4 would disappoint. 10-2 would be...

Sep 2, 2015, 5:26 PM

...great.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 9-3 seem like a realistic prediction/expectation to others?

Sep 2, 2015, 5:28 PM

I'd be somewhat disappointed with a 9-3 finish. 10-2 seems about right, with the chance for a significantly better finish.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2015, 5:29 PM

Without a single down of football being played, I'm going with an 11-1 regular season, but yes that's pretty realistic.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2015, 5:30 PM

10-2 and ACC Champs at least, any thing less would be disappointing.

We could 8-4 with Nick

Sep 2, 2015, 5:31 PM

Just saying

12-0

Sep 2, 2015, 8:01 PM

nm

Re: 12-0

Sep 2, 2015, 9:16 PM

Could happen! And I hope it does! Keeping Dw4 healthy is paramount

I love how my pulse goes down for being optimistic and saying I think we could win 8 with our backup QB

May be realistic, but I want 10 wins ... again.

Sep 2, 2015, 5:32 PM

I am greedy in that respect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: May be realistic, but I want 10 wins ... again.

Sep 2, 2015, 5:48 PM

we've had 4 10 wins seasons in a row it should be the expectation to get 10 minimum

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sounds pessimistic since we are favored in every game!

Sep 2, 2015, 5:34 PM

get PAWSITIVE!

the real lines haven't even come out yet...***

Sep 2, 2015, 6:07 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

So we're not allowed to bet yet?

Sep 2, 2015, 9:11 PM

Will you let me know when it's okay for me to do so?

10-2. 9-3 would be a little disappointing***

Sep 2, 2015, 9:18 PM [ in reply to the real lines haven't even come out yet...*** ]

Re: 10-2. 9-3 would be a little disappointing***

Sep 2, 2015, 9:29 PM

If we still had everybody we lost to date I'd say 12-0, but we have 40 plus freshmen and not as much experience as 2014 thus 10-2 or 9-3 is certainly not out of question with any significant injuries or other losses. I'm taking an attitude of one game at a time. I really want another significant win over USCe and FSU and everything else is well deserved.

Go Tigers!

Sep 2, 2015, 5:36 PM

Personally I don't like to make predictions but anything less than an ACC champioship and butt whipping of the coots at the end of the year is a disappointment compared to what I'm going in with. I see no reason why we can't do those two. I'm not predicting a playoff appearance but that is something I am hoping for. It won't break the season if we don't get there though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what I'm expecting. 9-3 is ok. 10-2 would be good.

Sep 2, 2015, 7:15 PM

Anything better would be really good.
But 8-4 would be a disappointment.
Anything worse is an unacceptable failure.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Because you would have us losing 3 out of

Sep 2, 2015, 7:55 PM

4 toughest games, Louisville, Notre Dame, GaTech, and FSU; and 3 of those are at home. Going 1 and 2 or 0 and 3 in the 3 big games at home would be a huge disappointment. Clemson hasn't lost at home since 2013.

Sep 2, 2015, 8:13 PM

If DW stays healthy,and we don't lose any more DL,and with a little luck,12-0 is a possibility in my opinion.
We should be able to outscore anyone we play if DW and the OL stay healthy.

Sep 2, 2015, 8:33 PM

9-3 would be a disappointment to me. 10-2 would be eh, ok I guess. I'm predicting 11-1. 10-2 with an ACC title is fine but 10-2 with no title wouldn't.

Sep 2, 2015, 9:07 PM

Was thinking 7-6.

Fsu, UL, ND, GT, Miami &sc jr for sure losses.

And let's be honest here, Clemson hasn't quite impressed in bowl games under the Swinney era.

Toss ups = Wofford, Cuse, Bc, State and App St.

We may not win a game.

until we lose a game I'll go with 15-0

Sep 2, 2015, 9:13 PM

If we lose one, then 14-1 and so on and so forth.

We have DW! The sky is the limit!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depending on these factors....

Sep 2, 2015, 9:30 PM

The offense is better off than when we had Tajh, Sammy, and Nuk out there. Just my opinion. I see a score 90% of the time during possession. I don't think too many defenses can stop Watson under center with that strong Offensive Line and all of that talent surrounding him. Not to mention, this season we should see a better ground attack than we've seen since the days of Spiller/Davis duo.

According to Brent Venables, this is the most talented squad he has had in his tenure of coaching period. That's 19 years of coaching and that's saying something. Brent isn't much of a cheerleader and he wouldn't inflate the ability of his team. Also, several players are claiming no drop off... So what, we won't see a million sacks this season, but our DT should stop any run up the middle and with our LB and DB containing the outside I don't see too many teams making it beyond 14-21 points this season and I see our offense scoring at least 35-42 each game. Take into consideration that we get a warm up game for GT this season for the opener. We will be undefeated if we play our best every game.

Should we make it past, ND, GT, and FSU then there is NOBODY in our way but Clemson at that point.

GO TIGERS!

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Depending on these factors.... We have Deshaun

Sep 3, 2015, 12:50 AM

We have Deshaun.... we have Deshaun.... We have Deshaun......and we have Deshaun!!!

We have Brent Venables and very talented guys playing for his Defense!

We have Scott, Williams, Happer, Peake, McCloud, Renfrow, Cain, Thompson and Dunn.

We have Gallman, Dye, Brooks, Fuller etc.

We have the best Heisman Player in Football in Deshaun Watson!! I wouldn't trade our Clemson Squad for any other team!

If Deshaun stays healthy we go undefeated!! That's my opinion. 15-0 National Champions!

The last time I called this was in 1981(see my posts)

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sep 2, 2015, 10:16 PM

I consider it realistic. I also consider 10-2 or 11-1 realistic. Obviously, if for some reason, we can't keep our best QB on the field, then that changes a lot.

Another big key is not making the costly, ill-timed mistakes that we can't seem to avoid in the biggest games. If those are avoided, then I think we'll be looking at 10-2 or better.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Sep 2, 2015, 11:42 PM

If we Go 9-3, I am going to chalk this up as an awful season. If we do not win the ACC this year, then we have major problems.

Sep 3, 2015, 12:39 AM

Probably realistic, but 9-3, 10-2, 10-3... whatever, I just hate to lose to our toughest competition during the regular season and win everything else. Just to finish 10-3, even with a good bowl victory over a traditional power, but having lost the "difference makers" in the eyes of the media and national audience is just painful. For a 10-2 regular season, I'd rather drop a couple to the likes of Miami and the Wolfpeckers, while beating all the Louisvilles, ND's, FSU's, Dogs, Jackets and, of course, Chickens. In today's CFB environment, going undefeated in the regular season is almost impossible. Every team is bound to lose at least a game or two. Let's redefine "Clemsoning" to mean we actually win the tough ones - consistently.

Go Tigers!

I believe Vegas Insider has us at 8.5 on the over under

Sep 3, 2015, 12:19 AM

last time I saw for our win total, but seemed to be trending/hedging towards 9. May very well have moved more in the past 3 weeks since I last looked at it.

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic