Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear Stubhub sellers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Dear Stubhub sellers

Sep 2, 2015, 4:08 PM

What do you do with your 200.00 dollar apiece Wofford tickets when you don't sell them?? Thanks in advance

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing they

Sep 2, 2015, 4:11 PM

stand outside the stadium on Saturday around noon and have a clearance sale.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm guessing they

Sep 2, 2015, 4:16 PM

Good, Im waiting to pay what I did for the opener in 95 against Western Carolina..10 bucks apiece..

Sep 2, 2015, 4:35 PM

Ridiculous that people are tryin to get this much out of tickets ! It is also illegal to sell tickets for more then face value . We are going to have a stadium for of ND fans !!!!!

Sep 2, 2015, 6:32 PM

So why don't you go to the ticket window and buy your tickets? Oh that's right. YOU CANT! Because to get tickets in most cases you have to join IPTAY and buy season tickets! But you expect others to do that and then give the tickets away to you? Join IPTAY and buy tickets or bear the price of buying aftermarket. You think there should be ticket redistribution similar to income redistribution?

Sep 2, 2015, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm guessing they ]

Actually it's not illegal online, so on StubHub, etc. you can ask as much as you want.

Good ole market value stuff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2015, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm guessing they ]

You can legally sell them through a broker for over face value.

Sep 3, 2015, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm guessing they ]

QQ

null

Then why complain?***

Sep 2, 2015, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm guessing they ]

Couple of things to know

Sep 2, 2015, 5:17 PM

First, reselling at a premium is not illegal for Clemson football and basketball games. Scalping laws do not apply to open market events per SC Code Sec. 16-17-710(C). From the University ticket page, "Clemson has designated football and men's basketball events as open market events."* Second, do you know what it costs to buy season tickets? I have family that have paid $10,000+/year for decades for the right to buy good tickets. That's $100,000+ in just a decade. That price does not include the cost of the tickets themselves. How much do you think they made reselling tickets? Less than 1/10th of that. When you expect to buy a face value ticket with no IPTAY contribution you are allowing the seller (assuming it is the IPTAY member) to pick up the cost of your IPTAY contribution for you. For every ticket an IPTAY member can sell at a premium (ND, FSU, maybe GT), there are more you can't (Wofford, App St., Wake, BC). There is an easy solution to scalping: join IPTAY and buy your own tickets. Otherwise, pay what the market will bear and understand that the premium you are paying only offsets a small percentage that the original purchaser paid in IPTAY contributions. You are not entitled to anything more than that.

* https://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetGroupList?groupCode=GS&linkID=clemson&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode="

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This makes no sense

Sep 2, 2015, 5:22 PM

Its the principle of the matter. 200 dollars a pop is outrageous

What does buying season tickets have anything to do with it?

Re: This makes no sense

Sep 2, 2015, 5:25 PM

Yeah, buying season tickets is a personal choice...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because there is a constant theme here

Sep 2, 2015, 5:28 PM [ in reply to This makes no sense ]

that all resales at a premium are wrong. If anybody thinks they're getting $200 a ticket for Wofford they're idiots. There's nothing outrageous about it. They won't get it, and they're morons. But if they can, why shouldn't they?

true***

Sep 2, 2015, 9:56 PM

Simple, don't buy the tickets.***

Sep 2, 2015, 11:24 PM [ in reply to This makes no sense ]

Amen!*******

Sep 2, 2015, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Couple of things to know ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Couple of things to know

Sep 2, 2015, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Couple of things to know ]

In the past I rarely have been able to make it back for games, typically one game every year or two. I only live 3 hours away, but life has always made it difficult.

When I have had the opportunity to make it to a game in the past I would often buy a ticket from a seller on the way to the stadium. With the rise of Stubhub, it has become my go to means of buying tickets when I am able to make it to a game.

I for one have no issue with paying premium prices for good seats to important games. I am grateful for the many fans who are IPTAY members and support Clemson athletics every year. I am happy to pay whatever price the market will bear for the ticket I want because no one is forcing me to do so. If the ticket price is too high, I can walk away.

Based on prices I am seeing for lower deck tickets currently, I don't think anyone is getting $200 for a Wofford ticket. I may pick one up for around $40 and come down to see the game. I have an even greater reason now that my eldest is a freshman at Clemson.

Go Tigers!

TU

Sep 2, 2015, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Couple of things to know ]

I post something similar every year but not so eloquently. People will gladly pay $10 for Wofford tickets but #### and moan about paying premiums for big games. Sorry but I ain't subsidizing your gameday experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I think this will help!!

Sep 2, 2015, 5:26 PM
image.jpg(179.6 K)

And I only charge a $100 finders fee!!!

I think you must be looking for primo seats...

Beyond the end zone and row NN

Sep 2, 2015, 7:23 PM

Better take plenty of tissues for the nosebleed section.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Dear Stubhub sellers

Sep 2, 2015, 5:30 PM

I'm selling two tickets for the wofford game for 20 a piece currently . TDM row w . Would drop it to 15 a piece for a fellow tigernetter.

Proud Clemson Fan and Active Brother of the Kappa Alpha Order

" Dieu et les Dames"

And I should probably apologize to fretiger

Sep 2, 2015, 5:57 PM

I think the orignal point of your post was $200 was a stupid number for Wofford tickets. Agree completely. It was Avery boy's reply that set me off but it's an issue that resurfaces every season.

I will use them to light my grill.

Sep 2, 2015, 6:01 PM

Just kidding. I'm using all of my Wofford tickets. I have six season tickets in the south lower section and four extras for ND (opponent sideline lower) and FSU (visitor section corner). I have the four ND tickets and two of the FSU tickets listed on stubhub. The rest of them will be used by family and friends, whom I will not charge a dime for their enjoyment. I'm also selling two of my Louisville tickets to a fellow Tnetter for face. So if I "make a little money" from the few I'm selling on stubhub, and it offsets a small fraction of the money I've invested in this season, that is my business. For those who like to ##### about prices, join IPTAY and support the program like the rest of us do.

WL

wipe my ### with them...hth***

Sep 2, 2015, 6:07 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

big ticket item***

Sep 2, 2015, 6:11 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic