Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two tight end sets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,050

Two tight end sets

Sep 2, 2015, 10:18 AM

The two tight end positions listed on the depth chart for Wofford has a lot of people saying that we will use two tight end sets more often this year. How often did we use two tight ends last year? Do you think the second tight end will be used more often on the line of scrimmage or as a halfback? Given our depth and talent at wide receiver, I would think that lining up the second tight end at halfback and then letting DW read the defense and decide whether to shift him to the line could give defenses a lot of trouble. This video has a good description of the kind of formation i'm talking about (the one starting at 0:41).

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d80c49f6c/Playbook-Billick-on-2-tight-end-sets

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you've clearly mistaken where you are***

Sep 2, 2015, 10:19 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

cu used destaph in the role as well as my favorite te since

Sep 2, 2015, 10:24 AM

DA, darrell smith.

i believe the lip service for smash mouth spread is coming to an end, at least i hope that's the case and i expect to see more of this jumbo in certain situations; how much is up to down & distance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree,

Sep 2, 2015, 10:31 AM

if our TEs can block we're good to go. I know they've worked on their hands.

I really hope BV has gotten their attention on blocking assignments and technique.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's desire. you either want to plant the #### in front of

Sep 2, 2015, 10:33 AM

on his back or you don't. technique sounds like a feminine spray when balls are needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's desire. you either want to plant the #### in front of

Sep 2, 2015, 10:54 AM

I happen to like Technique. It keeps my ginna smelling fresh with little damage to my macho image. The jounge loves it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, but they're easy like sunday mornings...

Sep 2, 2015, 11:01 AM

i know you enjoy the mange where we play hard to get.

i think 2 tight ends does a number of things.

Sep 2, 2015, 10:33 AM

it makes the end around or off tackle play more of a threat as it potentially provides extra blockers if the TEs are lined up on the same side.

you can put one in a flex position and bring him in motion to add in a triple option possibility as well as putting an extra man in pass protection.

lining up in a big set with one tight end to either side makes a defense respect the possibility of both being route runners or releasing from a block to become a reciever. it also provides the possibility of helping to double team or at least getting an extra shoulder into a DE lined up in a wide 9 technique.

it can also help by putting the TE in the backfield as a running back and then give DW4 the option of moving him for protection or exploitation purposes.

i guess what im saying is that i like my football old school and with big sets and i like the idea of 2 TEs possibly being utilized. it would be a good ripple in the offense.

jmo

Re: i think 2 tight ends does a number of things.

Sep 2, 2015, 10:49 AM

Agree. Always felt that the added size (assuming the extra TE can block) is worth more if you're trying to be balanced. But I suppose that's not a novel thought, since teams played that way for about 80 years.

Of course, we weren't always balanced when Morris was here, but perhaps this could be an effort to change that? Pass happy is fun except when it's not.

I wouldn't mind having an extra big in from time to time. It's always fun when your your "blocking TE" finds himself standing by himself on the numbers on the far side of the field and takes it to the house because the defensive call didn't even account for him being a receiver on that play.

If we have 2 TEs that can play and the coaches think they can, in certain circumstances, provided an added benefit over the 3-wide look, wouldn't bother me to see.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Re: Two tight end sets

Sep 2, 2015, 11:17 AM

That was cool ... just something else to add to a superman offense!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My advice, don't google that subject line at work.

Sep 2, 2015, 11:18 AM

nm

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,050
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic