Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Spot the Ball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,131

Plyler's Blog: Spot the Ball

Sep 2, 2015, 9:30 AM

Spot the Ball

Spot the Ball
I hate to wish my life away, but I loved waking up Tuesday and seeing the first day of September.

It's been eight months since we last saw Clemson play football against someone other than themselves.

The last time we saw this team they were dominating Oklahoma 40-6. Sinc

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree Mickey!

Sep 2, 2015, 9:35 AM

I've always wondered... why do other sports have much longer seasons than college football? Other than the toll it takes on the body, and the class schedules, why not?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

It's time, or is it?

Sep 2, 2015, 10:22 AM

I am so looking forward to this season, and I'm optimistic, but looking at the roster, it reminds me of 1976-77. We had a ton of super talented high character kids on the team. A major difference, of course, is the success Clemson has had in the previous 4 years. Back then, we had been struggling, but were just getting ready to turn the corner. Now, we're hoping to move the next level as well.

What reminds me of that period as much as anything is the age of our team. In '77, we had a couple seniors a ton of juniors, and some younger kids. There are 3 starters on the OL who won't be back next year, but there are talented, soon to be experienced players ready to take those spots. We'll lose Peake and maybe Williams, but all the other receivers will be back and most of the RBs and TEs. On defense, we'll lose one back up DL, Byers, and one starting LB, Goodson. Everyone else will be back unless Lawson, Alexander, and/or Kearse elect to leave early.

I'm seriously excited about this season, but looking at that depth, all the reasons that have me concerned about this season have me jacked about the future.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's time, or is it?

Sep 2, 2015, 3:28 PM

I agree, it's exciting and I'm jumping out of my skin for it to start. There's no question that 2016 is going to be dominant. But this year, if the team gels early and Dabo and the boys call the right plays....we can go all the way. We just have to gel early....then Katie bar the door!!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YEP!!!

Sep 2, 2015, 9:52 AM

It's now our time to shine. I want all the pundits to say, "Clemson! Wow!!!! We never saw that one coming!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,131
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic