Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In all seriousness, what do you think would happen if the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

In all seriousness, what do you think would happen if the

Sep 1, 2015, 11:27 AM

Coots start out 0-3 with losses to UNC, Kentucky & UGA? How epic would the meltdown be?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still leaves time to

Sep 1, 2015, 11:28 AM

go 0-12

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Expectations are different there

Sep 1, 2015, 11:30 AM

They're used to being bad. They had one good stretch, and that's it. Spurrier wouldn't even get fired. Like Dabo said in his rant, Spurrier won 35 games in his first 5 years. That would get you fired at Clemson. In cooterville that's all time great.

Bowden won about 7 games a year and

Sep 1, 2015, 11:44 AM

managed to stick around for (nearly) 10 seasons. Every time it looked like his job was in jeopardy he would pull a rabbit out of his hat.

Tommy won 72 games in 9 years

Sep 1, 2015, 11:56 AM

and was run out of town. Spurrier won 74 regular season games in 9 years and has a banner. Just saying.

Re: Expectations are different there

Sep 1, 2015, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Expectations are different there ]

Spurrier has a 2016 schedule primed for a winning season with UMass, East Carolina and Western Carolina as non-conference foes along with the Tigers. The chickens most difficult foes from the SEC are at home so I suspect he stays one more season in hopes of a winning campaign and therefore a positive vibe going into retirement. Should Usuck lose seven plus games this season then one might see OBC consider an early retirement, but as stated earlier AD Tanner won't fire a local legend. Frankly I've seldom seen or heard such a quiet city prior to a season as Columbia is at the moment. Nobody is talking despite being two days from the first contest. I guess their fans are unsettled with what lies ahead. There are quite a few toss-up games, but with their personnel losses I firmly believe USC is facing a major down turn this year.

Go Tigers!

They will probably be relying on the defense to keep them in

Sep 1, 2015, 11:52 AM

games this year. That HAS to be a scary proposition for a gamecock fan given what they watched on that side of the ball last year.

Tanner would be tested

Sep 1, 2015, 11:56 AM

Would Tanner have the guts to nudge/encourage Spurrier out at end of a horrible season or would he give him one more year to attempt going out on a better note?

If Slurrier has another season like 2014 or worse....

Sep 1, 2015, 12:05 PM

which is entirely possible, Tanner wouldn't have to nudge/encourage Spurrier out. I suspect he'd retire on his own. He almost quit after the 2014 season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: If Slurrier has another season like 2014 or worse....

Sep 1, 2015, 1:03 PM

If the Coots crash and burn let's hope the ole ball sack decides to hang in there...The longer he stays, the deeper hole he'll leave them in...If he retires, with the money they have they may get a younger, better coach...Say someone like a Chip Kelly...That wouldnt be good for us...

LOL...Chip Kelly...lol

Sep 1, 2015, 1:16 PM

To even remotely hint that Chip Kelly would voluntarily leave the NFL for South Carolina is beyond laughable.

When Spurrier ditches them, they will have trouble finding a quality replacement. They'll likely have to go the coordinator route or hire some young up-and-coming coach outside the Power Five conferences.

The Jock Straps would have you believe that being the head coach at $CU is one of the top 10 to 15 jobs in college football (if you don't believe me, just ask Clueless09) but the fact of the matter is, it's not. In fact, I'm not entirely sure it's one of the top 30.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Slurrier has another season like 2014 or worse....

Sep 1, 2015, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: If Slurrier has another season like 2014 or worse.... ]

Can Tiger fans take Coach Tuberville? He really wants back in the SEC. Tanner might take a chance on a quick fix, but even a younger coach will have their work cut out for them over at least four to five seasons once Spurrier left.

Go Tigers!

I'd volunteer to help Tuberville move if SCU hired him....

Sep 1, 2015, 2:00 PM

He's an average coach, at best, and an even worse recruiter.

And....

Sep 1, 2015, 11:58 AM

Louisville beats Auburn, Wisconsin beats Bama, and Arizona State thumps A&M, and Oklahoma rolls the Vols in the 2nd week. They wouldn't even be able to lean on big brother then.

Re: In all seriousness, what do you think would happen if the

Sep 1, 2015, 12:00 PM

It will be epic chaos, and Spurrier won't put up with it for a moment. I will love it when it happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2015, 12:25 PM

somebody other than spurrier will take the blame.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2015, 12:57 PM

0-3 probably wouldnt cause a meltdown..Remember, coots are used to sucking..

It would be epic....mark it down.***

Sep 1, 2015, 1:50 PM

null

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic