Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
State Newspaer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,950

State Newspaer

Aug 31, 2015, 5:42 AM

Today's paper has article saying Tigers might go 8-4....Writer taking shots at a lot of our weakness on offense and defense....Some good points however I am very optimistic with young players stepping up...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More material the locker room...***

Aug 31, 2015, 6:27 AM

At least your paper contains an article. This is today's

Aug 31, 2015, 8:46 AM
IMG_6274.jpg(377.4 K)
IMG_6275.jpg(439.9 K)

Florence Morning News. What little sports there is mostly devoted to Usuk. Wife gets it for local news. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2015, 6:27 AM

Aug 31, 2015, 7:22 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bringing CU down due to a 3-9 Coot season********

Aug 31, 2015, 6:45 AM

Re: State Newspaer

Aug 31, 2015, 6:52 AM

We could. Absolute disaster could happen and we could go 7-6 or 6-7.

Can happen to anybody, anytime. That's football.

Right now we got Uptown Problems. Anthony Battle got caught one too many times with Mary J smoke pouring out the earholes of his helmet and went NFL, we replace him with a true freshman. A 5-star true freshman, who enrolled early.

Korrin Wiggins got hurt at SAM/nickel back. Do we replace him with former 4-star Dorian O'Daniel, who was coming on like a house on fire at the end of last year, or with former freshman All-American Travis Blanks, who basically lost the last two years with knee injuries but now is finally healthy?

DJ Reader left the team for whatever reason. Do we replace him with former 4-star redshirt sophomore Scott Pagano, or with a 5-star true freshman in Christian Wilkins who may be the most physically talented lineman on campus in the last 25 years?

Those, to me, are problems that will sort themselves out...and those are very much, as I said, Uptown Problems. We are thin at OT and can't afford any more hits there. We are thin at LB and can't afford too many more hits there. Obviously losing Deshaun Watson for any stretch would be immensely bad, and our new kickers and returners worry me. A bunch. Special teams have cost us many a game, at Clemson.

Other than that, we're loaded. We're loaded at WR, RB, apparently at TE (if camp reports are to be believed, I myself am...more skeptical) and we've got fair-to-good depth on the interior of the OL. We're loaded with a platoon of uber-talented young guys across the DL who just need some experience. We're loaded at DB...our DB's, in fact, might be up there with the WR's for best-in-the-country-as-a-unit.

We're going to have to be very unlucky to lose 4 or more games. Could happen; that's football. But that Clemson passing game might be the scariest we've ever put on the field, and that's saying something, considering how well Clemson has thrown the ball the last 10-15 years.

Aug 31, 2015, 7:14 AM

smh, good old quozzel.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2015, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: State Newspaer ]

lol the only time our opposition stops are offense, is when they're taking a water break after giving up 6 against us

Aug 31, 2015, 9:33 AM

Or calls timeout. Go tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2015, 7:26 AM

Today's paper has article saying Tigers might go 8-4....

Ok....Auburn Tigers ? Memphis Tigers ??

Cause the Clemson Tigers ain't going 8-4 this season...lol.

Yeah.... but what did he say about the Coots going 6 - 6?***

Aug 31, 2015, 8:36 AM

Re: Yeah.... but what did he say about the Coots going 6 - 6?***

Aug 31, 2015, 9:35 AM

Yea, they did win a few games last year that we didn't expect them to. So they were over achievers last year. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah.... but what did he say about the Coots going 6 - 6?***

Aug 31, 2015, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Yeah.... but what did he say about the Coots going 6 - 6?*** ]

What about 4 - 8 as an ending record? This is certainly possible for the chickens. While Clemson could indeed lose four potential games as a result of injuries, freshman play and a host of special team problems, I seriously doubt we suffer that many losses, however the chickens have many games which could cause them heartbreak just like 2014.

Go Tigers!

you misread - that's "against the spread" only...

Aug 31, 2015, 10:37 AM

assumes we'll be heavily favored often with big-producing O, but knows that Dabo rarely kicks anyone when they're down...

meant to say "12-0 straight up"

The State was my grandpa's favorite paper

Aug 31, 2015, 2:33 PM

for his outhouse. Was way more absorbent than Sears catalog.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,950
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic