Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Martavis suspended for weed?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 2,535

Martavis suspended for weed?

Aug 27, 2015, 10:34 PM

I get it - it's Illegal, and it's against league rules and team rules. He gambled and he lost. He's gotta pay a price. Cool. But come on people - it's weed. It's not heroin or meth or crack. It's not even alcohol. I'll be glad when we move into the 21st century with this and quit punishing people who just want to chill and have a good time while hurting absolutely nobody.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/REPORT-Martavis-Bryant-suspension-for-failed-marijuana-test--38993321

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

maybe he didn't inhale?***

Aug 27, 2015, 10:38 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

mom makes some badarse brownies? sup wit dat?***

Aug 27, 2015, 10:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a lot of items on those lists that aren't illegal, but are

Aug 27, 2015, 10:39 PM

banned substances as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if Crump drug-tested us? How many of us would

Aug 27, 2015, 10:41 PM

be left?

null

more than if he gave an entrance exam...***

Aug 27, 2015, 10:42 PM

So you're saying bob wouldn't have to bother with

Aug 27, 2015, 10:44 PM

having someone pee for him?

null

but at least he holds it for you***

Aug 27, 2015, 10:45 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Remember, he's a helper. Don't rain on his parade***

Aug 27, 2015, 10:47 PM

null

bob probably got one of them urinators for his gubment job.***

Aug 27, 2015, 10:46 PM [ in reply to So you're saying bob wouldn't have to bother with ]

nah... i'm glad bob got in***

Aug 27, 2015, 10:45 PM [ in reply to more than if he gave an entrance exam...*** ]

I couldn't tell if he was in or not.

signed
Ms GWP

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you have an extra "Ms" in there

Aug 27, 2015, 10:48 PM

Just which part of the exam do you think we'd struggle with?

Aug 27, 2015, 10:46 PM [ in reply to more than if he gave an entrance exam...*** ]

I know logic questions would cull half of us and the bias section would get the rest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i stopped in for a double bourbon then i got to go...

Aug 27, 2015, 10:48 PM

and "we'd"? that's silly...

sup my brother? haha, happy thursday nights.

Why do you think...

Aug 27, 2015, 10:42 PM

Mike Bellamy never knew where to be and what to do when he got there? Why do you think it took Bryant so long to learn the playbook?

If you're a Type A person smoking pot will take your edge. If you're the typical teenagers pot smoking will make you a lazy POS.

It's not a matter of it being legal or not. It's a league rule which is supported by most coaches, even the one who smoke pot.

I understand all of that, but I think that when a

guy, uh, smokes weed, he uh . . . what was the question? I'm hungry.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Puff Puff give.

Aug 27, 2015, 10:50 PM

Here, take a hit.

Never underestimate the power of the Ganja man!***

Aug 27, 2015, 10:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Re: Martavis suspended for weed?

Aug 27, 2015, 10:57 PM

Weed should be legal nationwide in my opinion, but until then people have to follow the rules. It sucks Martavis would shoot himself in the foot though. He knows he was going to be tested, so why risk it? The fact that he's getting busted for this now means he's already had several strikes against him and hasn't learned his lesson.

Aug 28, 2015, 7:30 AM

The sad thing is under the new NFL rules you have to test positive multiple (3 or more) times, before you get a suspension. I guess his first 1 or 2 positive tests didn't give him the proper wake up call. While I agree that weed should be legal, when you know something is against the rules of your employer, you get busted for it multiple times, and you continue to do it, it does not reflect well on your willingness to be successful in your chosen career path. Hopefully he learns a lesson from all of this.

Aug 28, 2015, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Martavis suspended for weed? ]

Legal or not, rules are rules.

It's a league punishment- he's not suffering criminal prosecution.

I know of several high schools in Florida who have coaches who ban soda during workouts and throughout the fall. Get caught with a Fanta, and your butt is benched. Keep on with it, you are replaced. Said high schools have got region trophies in the attic because they're not good enough to go with the state ones in the display cases.

Bryant took a job that in no unclear way said he couldn't have weed. It's one heck of a fortunate place he found himself, and there are thousands of people who'd do anything to be in his shoes who are just as good as him.

He's incredibly lucky to not be fired.

Aug 28, 2015, 8:35 AM

Well said!

will be legal federally within the next 20 years.

Aug 28, 2015, 8:42 AM

Check this out. Portugal legalized everything but heroin and have seen a decrease in drug use with 14-25 year olds and less deaths from drug use.

http://m.mic.com/articles/110344/14-years-after-portugal-decriminalized-all-drugs-here-s-what-s-happening

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: will be legal federally within the next 20 years.

Aug 28, 2015, 8:58 AM

This is the most recent review of the literature that I can find. Pretty compelling, although it focuses more on the trafficking than the end user.

http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/issue-briefs/2015/08/federal-drug-sentencing-laws-bring-high-cost-low-return

Combined with Colorado's successes and mounting evidence that this is a worthwhile endeavor for the ATF, I don't think we're too far out.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Is it weed?

Aug 28, 2015, 8:49 AM

I find it highly unlikely he would challenge the ruling if it was weed. Maybe a growth enhancement drug like steroids or HGH?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Aug 28, 2015, 8:57 AM

> I get it - it's Illegal, and it's against league
> rules and team rules. He gambled and he lost. He's
> gotta pay a price. Cool. But come on people - it's
> weed. It's not heroin or meth or crack. It's not even
> alcohol. I'll be glad when we move into the 21st
> century with this and quit punishing people who just
> want to chill and have a good time while hurting
> absolutely nobody.
>
> http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/REPORT-Martavis-Bryant-s
> uspension-for-failed-marijuana-test--38993321

I'm assuming you had lots of cardboard toilet paper tubes and dryer sheets in your dorm room.

Aug 28, 2015, 8:59 AM

Dryer sheets on the back of a twoer fan =

Dorm smells like laundromat + weed. I don't know why college kids think this is a good idea.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

because they're high?***

Aug 28, 2015, 9:02 AM

Link

Aug 28, 2015, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Martavis suspended for weed? ]

no worky!

sigh, all you stoners...

Aug 28, 2015, 9:06 AM

he quoted the original post[it has the broked now] so no, no worky.

here, try this one then pass to the right

whoa dood

Aug 28, 2015, 9:25 AM

thanks, here ya go!(passing to the rite)

Replies: 31
| visibility 2,535
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic