Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clowney thing is kinda sad...makes me wonder what
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Clowney thing is kinda sad...makes me wonder what

Aug 4, 2015, 2:49 PM

type of person Clowney would have been had he come to Clemson and stayed. Willing to bet if he had been willing to work that he would have left a better man. Probably comes down to his work ethic...which has always been questionable. He took the path of least resistance.

Dabo seems to care about the man and not the player...and we all know that the Ol' Ball Sack cares about nothing but himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, Clowney is not in trouble nor has he ever really

Aug 4, 2015, 2:53 PM

been in major trouble if i remember correctly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

All-American, SEC Player of the Year,

Aug 4, 2015, 2:58 PM

First pick in the draft, $14.5 million in guaranteed NFL money.

Other than that, he's been an abject failure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe not a failure...but certainly a bust***

Aug 4, 2015, 3:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on how you define it, I guess.

Aug 4, 2015, 3:05 PM

If you had given his parents the option when he was born of playing in zero NFL games, but being an acclaimed college player and getting $14.5 million, they probably would have taken it.

These posts along the lines of..."he could have made something of himself" are a little comical, IMO.

Re: Depends on how you define it, I guess.

Aug 4, 2015, 3:11 PM

Per your logic Ryan Leaf is probably the best there is.

Yes, that is exactly what my logic would say.

Aug 4, 2015, 3:14 PM

I don't know him or care to know him...but his work

Aug 4, 2015, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Depends on how you define it, I guess. ]

ethic has been called into question by his old college football coach and the same ####### that sang his praises are starting to question his character and "want to". If you measure success on how much money he'll make or on his unreached potential maybe he is not a bust.

I suspect ol' chili bean could care less how he makes his money.

Re: Depends on how you define it, I guess.

Aug 4, 2015, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Depends on how you define it, I guess. ]

Of course they would take it. But it's not earned. Just like most handouts

I'm sure the finance folks with the Texans agree 100% !

Aug 4, 2015, 3:15 PM [ in reply to All-American, SEC Player of the Year, ]

That investment has netted them zero so far !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True...didn't mean to imply that he'd had trouble with the

Aug 4, 2015, 3:00 PM [ in reply to To be fair, Clowney is not in trouble nor has he ever really ]

law. IMO he has been a bust (based on the hype and ESecPN spin) and if he doesn't change his ways will be short lived in the NFL. Even the OBS called him out on his work ethic. I'd take half a Vic Beasley over a whole Clowney.

It's certainly not Clowney's fault....

Aug 4, 2015, 3:03 PM [ in reply to To be fair, Clowney is not in trouble nor has he ever really ]

that his father is a piece of **** and chose to throw away the responsibility of fatherhood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dabo is an excellent coach, but did you read the article?

Aug 4, 2015, 3:06 PM

As others indicated, Clowney's father is in trouble, not Jadevon Clowney. Dabo is an excellent coach, and I know every elite player should choose Clemson. Still, Clowney put together a solid college career and will most likely succeed in the NFL. It appears there might have been some truth to the injury reports. Evidence suggests that Clowney sustained a legitimate injury, but he working to get back on the field soon.

Go Tigers!

Re: Dabo is an excellent coach, but did you read the article?

Aug 4, 2015, 5:12 PM

1 1/2 years of college ball hardly suggests he will succeed in the nfl. I think his attitude and lack of production his last year at usuck predicted what we are seeing from him now. He was just looking for a big payday and a fellow coot helped him get it. As I said 2 years ago he will fade away to nothingness except a pocket full of money. As long as that will last

Re: Clowney thing is kinda sad...makes me wonder what

Aug 4, 2015, 3:07 PM

There's not really any evidence that Clowney is a criminal or anything. You can judge him on the football field, but there's no reason whatsoever to insinuate that he's a bad person just because of who his pappy is.

you can look at it the other way too. Dude with a POS dad

Aug 4, 2015, 3:09 PM

who people call chili bean somehow made something of himself.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: Clowney was a tremendous player and an even better...

Aug 4, 2015, 4:34 PM

talent! I agree that he did not reach the level of his talent at SC but we as Tiger fans need to stop throwing out generalizations about people when we have no facts to back it up. Even if it is the chickens. Clowney was tremendous! He was a better talent than Beasley and he drew so much attention in 2013 that he covered up for a D-line that wasn't all that talented. I think Beasley was much closer to reaching his potential than Clowney which is a credit to Beasley and to the Clemson coaching staff. Steve is a tool, but at no time do I believe that he would put winning over the safety of his players. From all accounts S.S. is a good man and has done an excellent job at SC. That being said, I do think that the injury that Clowney has is unusual for a kid his age and will limit his time and impact in the NFL. After doing research on this kind of injury, many doctors believe it is not likely that he will play more than 3 years in the NFL at full strength.

Aug 4, 2015, 5:15 PM

Nice cover. He was never gonna last.

Aug 5, 2015, 1:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Clowney was a tremendous player and an even better... ]

At the time, I thought the Clown was just lazy. In hindsight, maybe he was having legitimate injury problems during his time in Cootville. I do not know what his work ethic was or is. He might be lazy or for all I know he might be the hardest worker on the team. He is easy to hate on because he is the best player the Coots have had in my lifetime. If he had done what he did while playing at Clemson, we would all love him.

yes, that's one way to look at it. sup jb?

Aug 4, 2015, 4:50 PM [ in reply to you can look at it the other way too. Dude with a POS dad ]

go football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm confused, so you think it's ok to just

Aug 4, 2015, 5:02 PM [ in reply to you can look at it the other way too. Dude with a POS dad ]

take a month off and show back up with a serious post?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I know I've been guilty of it, but JB is a serial

Aug 4, 2015, 5:05 PM

drive-byer

null

It didn't used to be that way, but then

Aug 4, 2015, 5:07 PM

Grump crushed jb's soul. Now he is a shell of his former self. Just another example of how the Grump ruins all things good.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I thought Grump put all his effort in his star pupil....

Aug 4, 2015, 5:08 PM

dsp?

null

He did, but only after he

Aug 4, 2015, 5:13 PM

beat jb into submission

bitchez i gots me a real job that limits my stupid

Aug 4, 2015, 6:01 PM

tnet time.

No more delivering pizzas.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

"Stupid tnet time?" Yeah Grump musta got you good.***

Aug 4, 2015, 6:10 PM

null

jb soaked a pillow crying himselfs to sleep each night...

Aug 4, 2015, 6:12 PM

at least that's how gwp tells it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that the same pillow bob said gwp was

Aug 4, 2015, 6:14 PM

screaming into?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

maybe we should wait on bob to handle this?***

Aug 4, 2015, 6:26 PM

bob seems to be handling

Aug 4, 2015, 6:42 PM

many things

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

as midgets go, bob's a five tooler...***

Aug 4, 2015, 6:46 PM

that wet spot wasnt from tears.....***

Aug 5, 2015, 8:43 AM

formula?***

Aug 5, 2015, 8:54 AM

water, sugar, jonnyboy sea men***

Aug 5, 2015, 9:01 AM

Good, by day 2 he's back to normal posting

Aug 5, 2015, 9:04 AM

Sometimes I forget that whole "be careful what you wish for" thing.

grump ain't gonna like this...***

Aug 5, 2015, 9:11 AM

Neither will

Aug 5, 2015, 9:16 AM

everyone

well, i try not to speak for e'ryone, but grump

Aug 5, 2015, 9:16 AM

could use the help.

he cant speak...he's under my desk and kind of busy***

Aug 5, 2015, 9:36 AM

did grump fall for the quarter trick...

Aug 5, 2015, 9:57 AM

again?

so many times that i think he enjoys it***

Aug 5, 2015, 10:15 AM

Re: so many times that i think he enjoys it

Aug 5, 2015, 10:40 AM

yeah, jb rolled like a

Aug 4, 2015, 6:10 PM [ in reply to He did, but only after he ]

beech after the grump pimp-slaps.

unsightlies

He would have been happy at Clemson his sr year.

Aug 4, 2015, 5:10 PM

The fans would have been demanding the coaching staff to put him on the field even though he didn't want to play. Vic would have taken his job with sheer practice effort and dedication to be the best on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic