Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody know anything about charging an array of deep
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,473

Anybody know anything about charging an array of deep

Aug 4, 2015, 2:47 PM

cycle batteries to power a TV, Receiver, microwave oven, a couple lamps and a portable Air Conditioner?

That gonna be hard to set up?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

depends on what channel the game is on***

Aug 4, 2015, 2:48 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Game? What game? I'm setting up on the shoulder of I-85.

Aug 4, 2015, 2:51 PM

See how many truckers I can get to toot their horn.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

I'll send you an instruction book for $39.99. Guaranteed results !

Aug 4, 2015, 2:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No blender?***

Aug 4, 2015, 2:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I don't blend my beer.

Aug 4, 2015, 2:54 PM

Sheesh.

My bad, when you said "microwave" instead of using

Aug 4, 2015, 2:58 PM

a grill, I figured you also used a blender to make chick drinks with umbrellas in them

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nah, it's fairly easy

Aug 4, 2015, 2:56 PM

hook a charger up to a battery and plug the charger into an outlet in the wall. When the battery is fully charged, disconnect the charger and hook it up to another battery.

Repeat until all are charged.

How many batteries do I need?***

Aug 4, 2015, 3:05 PM

Depends

Aug 4, 2015, 3:14 PM

on a lot of things.

Re: Depends

Aug 4, 2015, 8:27 PM

lose the microwave and A/C and it is possible

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you might want to invest in a solar cell

Aug 4, 2015, 3:16 PM

you forgot to list a kegerator. Don't want you to get dehydrated

How could I forget.***

Aug 4, 2015, 3:39 PM

Honest answer.

Aug 4, 2015, 3:20 PM

It's according to your type of batteries and the AH (ampere hour) rating on your batteries. If you can find out what type of batteries (lead/acid, lithium ion, Nickel, etc.) there are different charging methods for each with a maximum charging amperage, time of charge, float/repair charge times. You will have to find a charger that fits your specific need.

On top of that, there are several different sub-types of batteries with different rules. (E.g. 12V Gel Cell Lead based batteries charge at 13.4V with amperage equal to 33% of AH rating and 12V AGM Lead based batteries charge at 13.8V with amperage also equal to 33% of AG rating). There are several charts located on the line that can help you in deciding what size charger you will need. Normally, with the batteries you purchase, there comes a recommended charger for those specific batteries. I would go with that.

Also, if you are trying to decide what batteries you need, you will have to get an estimate of what amperage you are going to be running from the batteries. A VERY IMPERFECT rule of thumb is, for deep cycle batteries, a 100AH battery can run 100 amps of power for ONE HOUR. This is with 100% depletion of stored energy, which is not good for the battery, but it helps you understand better what size batteries you will need. A good base point, that I use regularly, is to plan for 50% depletion. So you can run 50 amps for 1 hour, 25 amps for 2 hours, 12.5 amps for 4 hours, 6.25 amps for 8 hours, etc., without harming the battery in any way.

I can go further if you really read all this and are interested.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Re: Anybody know anything about charging an array of deep

Aug 4, 2015, 3:32 PM

Microwave and A/C pull an enormous amount of power, IIRC.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,473
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic