Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would you be in favor of CU playing at Bristol like UT/VT?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,667

Would you be in favor of CU playing at Bristol like UT/VT?

Aug 1, 2015, 3:06 PM

Seems like an interesting idea albeit a bunch of terrible seats

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Would you be in favor of CU playing at Bristol like UT/VT?

Aug 1, 2015, 3:13 PM

I don't see the allure. I'll be at the night race in a few weeks, that's what Bristol was made for an needs to stick to it.

Not sure why I'd pay for seats that bad. The first row seats are probably gonna feel like low to mid-upper deck (which in my opinion is actually one of the better views to have).

But those guys that will be sitting in the tower seats...it'll be like watching ants.

From an exposure standpoint however, and considering how close the place is, and how Clemson fans love to travel...we'd probably do it...I...would probably do it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2015, 3:25 PM

No. Too much at stake with every single game to risk having something like that affect the environment and make a difference in the way the team plays. No reason to do it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we could play VT there and have it count as their home

Aug 1, 2015, 3:37 PM

game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't come close to filling it up for VT. We all know who

Aug 1, 2015, 4:41 PM

is going to fill the seats for that game. Shouldn't be any problem for them since they get over 100,000 in Knoxville.

Aug 1, 2015, 3:50 PM

If it counted as an away or neutral-site game against a major opponent like Auburn, Ohio State, or even West Virginia, I think it could work. I don't see the need for it though - I expect the Bristol game to be a poor experience for the fans in attendance.

That's easy. No.***

Aug 1, 2015, 3:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.No. And Noooooo.

Aug 1, 2015, 3:53 PM

That thing is going to be a joke. Even the television broadcast is going to suk.

How many blimps are they going to have so TV will

Aug 1, 2015, 10:56 PM

Have some closeups????

Oh wait, my bad. Drone cameras flying in the infield.

If that is true, over under on how many minutes into the

Aug 1, 2015, 11:29 PM

game before they collide? Listen, I've been to games at Duke where the track runs around the field and you feel like you are a mile away. I can only imagine how bad this will be...I would not go to that game if you paid my way.

We should stick with home and home games.***

Aug 1, 2015, 4:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really.***

Aug 1, 2015, 4:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bristol No. Charlotte,Nashville or Atlanta Yes.

Aug 1, 2015, 4:36 PM

xx

I agree that we need to stick with home and home

Aug 1, 2015, 4:45 PM

games and only do the neutral site games once in a blue moon. I think the home atmospheres of college football is what makes it special. Going into a great opponent's house and pulling the upset is one of the best things. And having them come into Death Valley and have a marquee game for the season ticket holders to enjoy is pretty special too.

really? what is wrong with the word "markey"

Aug 1, 2015, 4:47 PM

When spelled correctly?

it's an HTML feature, banned by the site.***

Aug 1, 2015, 5:18 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 1, 2015, 6:43 PM

Nope. Nothing in it for our state. The ACC has stiffed the state and Clemson for years. Not only NO but H377 NO

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No!! Home and home with an occasional game, in the United States,

Aug 1, 2015, 7:32 PM

in a football stadium is perfect. By occasional I mean 5-7 years.
What does anybody gain by playing at a racetrack?
Home and home to check out other storied fields/stadiums and their fanbases. Neutral field for the publicity and destination.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I wouldn't hate it exactly but there's better neutral sites

Aug 1, 2015, 11:20 PM

I've never been a big fan of playing football in non-football stadiums, since you get weird situations like the Bahamas Bowl last year, where the endzones were 2 yards shorter than regulation and it possibly affected the final play of the game ( a fade to the back of the endzone).

But I'm totally cool with neutral site games in general since home and homes keep getting more rare and it gives you a chance to see some awesome non-conference matchups of football powers with big crowds from both schools making it an awesome bowl-type atmosphere. I mean, nothing can top Death Valley but it's still fun, in my opinion.

GO TIGERS

Umm yeah, Bristol is a RACE track...

Aug 2, 2015, 1:56 AM

...not a football field.

Don't mind taking on VT or UT in principal though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,667
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic