Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#22 Clemson vs. #1 F$U 2014...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

#22 Clemson vs. #1 F$U 2014...

Aug 1, 2015, 11:18 AM

I've watched this game over and over and over again, maybe subconsciously hoping the outcome changes, letting myself down each time. Going into Tallahassee against the #1 ranked Criminole defending national champs, breaking in a FR QB, we more than dominated this game.

Looking at the game from a "what if" perspective, this game should have never gone into OT and was a complete DOMINATION on defense.

What if...

1. Ammon Lakip hits the first missed FG? (+3)
2. Ammon Lakip hits the second missed FG? (+3)
3. Ryan Norton doesn't snap it over DW's head 4 inches from the goaline? (+7)
4. On the coverage sack by Crawford setting up F$U 2nd and 24, Mack doesn't slip and let Greene walk in for a TD? (-7)
5. After a Jadar Johnson INT, Davidson doesn't fumble after converting a 2nd and 2 on the 14 yard line? (+7)

This alone sets up a score where we go into Tallahassee and knock off the overrated Criminoles. Can't wait to get revenge on Bimbo and his goons.

#22 Clemson 37 - #1 F$U 10

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #22 Clemson vs. #1 F$U 2014...

Aug 1, 2015, 11:22 AM

if we wouldn't have had all those back breaking mistakes we would have won that game by 20+ points

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We would have won that game regardless of

Aug 1, 2015, 11:30 AM

the errors on the field if we still had Catman

We should've won that game by double digits. But if

Aug 1, 2015, 11:38 AM

Jameis had played it may have also been a different story. Their QB was terrrrrrrrrrrrrible. He made one big play all night and that was the 2nd and 24 where Mac slipped.

a nightmare still to us But how bout Tiger Team's misery!

Aug 1, 2015, 11:46 AM

Once in a lifetime opportunity to play & beat a #1 ranked & defending national champion team..and our Men basically blew it..sadly.

GoTiGERS.. Keep RocKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should've won that game by double digits. But if

Aug 1, 2015, 11:47 AM [ in reply to We should've won that game by double digits. But if ]

I honestly don't think Shameis makes much of a difference in this one. Our defense dominated, including our secondary. We could've more than likely counted on Shameis to throw even more INT's than McGuire did.

Our only time in 115+ years to play/beat #1 & we failed while dominating.

Aug 1, 2015, 12:06 PM

Move onward & keep Rocking Tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our only time in 115+ years to play/beat #1 & we failed while dominating.

Aug 1, 2015, 12:21 PM

I agree. We will have our chance again, but beating the AP #1 ranked team in their house would have done a LOT for our program, and that opportunity doesn't come around very often. I hate it most for the players who experienced it.

Re: We should've won that game by double digits. But if

Aug 1, 2015, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: We should've won that game by double digits. But if ]

I agree bc shameis had free reign to do as he saw best with the FB. And bf he would have taken a sack, he would have thrown the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were ranked #1 at the time...

Aug 1, 2015, 11:46 AM

But they were clearly far from being that good. I was just thinking about these things this morning. Our program has come a LONG way since the days of the pathetic Tommy Bowden, but the way we just totally choked that FSU game away is inexcusable. And the way that we just gave up and got crushed by a good but not great UGA team is also troubling. I mainly blame Chad Morris - the highest paid OC in college football and he didn't know who his best QB was. IMO he likely cost us the UGA game, and perhaps the FSU game as well, despite the choke job by cokehead Lakip. If we want to be a legit 4-team playoff program, we have to get past those major failures in big games. Dabo & Co. still have work to do.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2015, 12:20 PM

Should have challenged Davidson's run before the botched snap. I think he got in.

Aug 1, 2015, 12:31 PM

Ball on the ground, Ball on the ### ground. You got lucky FSU!!!

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11562427

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man....hard to watch that!************

Aug 1, 2015, 12:50 PM

Re: Man....hard to watch that!************

Aug 1, 2015, 12:55 PM

Yes it was, and I hope our guys have seen as much as we have. Every time I think about that game, the flash backs of the fumble and Lakip's 24 yd FG miss are as clear in my mind as they are on U tube replay....

What if their starting qb had played? What if our

Aug 1, 2015, 4:52 PM

coaching staff had made better decisions on playing time for players? Bottom line - they sat their best player, the back up was a scrub, and we still couldn't get it done. I'm sure Dabo learned much from that experience

Or they could have given us this touchdown..

Aug 1, 2015, 5:31 PM
touchdown.jpg(597.8 K)

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic