Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coaching....ACC vs SEC...............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Coaching....ACC vs SEC...............

Aug 1, 2015, 8:52 AM

Faux Paux's that have cost teams a game (either conference).................... fairly specific incidents......I'll start....here is a couple

Les Miles throwing twice at the end of the Peach bowl with 2nd and 3 with Jeremy Hill in the backfield.......Thanks Les!

Nick Saban sending out the filed goal team for a 60 yard field goal in the Auburn game...............then throwing the team under the bus!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coaching....ACC vs SEC...............

Aug 1, 2015, 9:08 AM

I just see SEC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Les miles did the most conservative thing he could have done

Aug 1, 2015, 9:10 AM

He gambled on the odds. He was playing to end the game against the best passing combos he'd faced all year. We'd shut down his running game for the most of the second half. We looked for him to run the ball first so he made the right decision. He gained seven yards on a pass the on first down.

Softburger had been beaten all to helll during the game but he had thrown that pass for short gains throughout the game. We'd not stopped it once. He banked on getting his guy open in that tiny piece of real estate one more time to end the game and keep his worn out defense off the field. He had two shots.

What cost him the game was the rush on that side. He had his man open enough to drop a pass over the end but our linemen prevailed. One pass was thrown too high because a huge paw was high in the air in the trajectory the QB needed and the other pass batted down when he refused to alter the path of the ball.

It had worked all night, Les Miles made the right decision base on the game's history. We beat them, they didn't lose the game.

It sicken me to have real Tiger Fan read the national media who blame Les for the loss instead of giving Brent and Dabo along with our fine players the victory.

Screw the ignorance and spin put on that game and screw anyone who thinks we didn't beat the hell out of LSU and their spin doctors on ESPiN. Screw you all!

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't heard a single person say the Tigers didn't...

Aug 1, 2015, 10:29 AM

win the Peach Bowl, but LSU played a darn good game and certainly had their opportunity to seal the victory. With their O-line and a running back like Hill, every coach in America would have run him twice to get the two yards. It's not like Miles hasn't done stupid things like that in the past!

Correction...three yards!********

Aug 1, 2015, 10:30 AM

That was the 8th 3-and-out of the 2nd half. They couldn't

Aug 1, 2015, 11:01 AM

RUN. Miles even said so in the post game interviews....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That was the 8th 3-and-out of the 2nd half. They couldn't

Aug 1, 2015, 11:14 AM

Thank you, sir! Anyone who says Miles blew the call have fallen victim of one of two things, false understanding over media spin or being stupid enough to think that Miles was stupid enough to run the ball. Either way they kicked to us and we won the game. It was 'play the odds,' for Miles and those second guesser can't be proven wrong.

Had he run the ball we may have stopped them with two or three less yards. Miles played to end the game because his 'we aren't interested in playing because we didn't make the MNC game,' defense was worn completely out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't appreciating being called stupid because I happen...

Aug 1, 2015, 12:39 PM

to disagree with your assessment. I did not listen to any media spin....I sat there and watched it......and remembering how grateful I was that they did not run it. Yes, they did have a lot of 3 and outs, and they were gassed...on defense..because they had been on the field a long time.

TB taking Merriweather out on that last drive vs SC in '06

Aug 1, 2015, 9:17 AM

Looking back, we could of won 7 in a row. Just had
to go there. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TB taking Merriweather out on that last drive vs SC in '06

Aug 1, 2015, 10:03 AM

Chad Morris calling for a half back pass on the first drive against the coots two years ago. We were driving and ripping the coot D on every play. Would have likely scored a TD had he not gotten too cute.

Bowden taking out Merriweather on the last drive against the coots in 2006. Reggie gashed the coots all the way down the field but CTB pulled him in the red zone and inserted a hurt JD. Would have been one of the greatest drives in school history.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah...not a good call by Morris, but that should not..

Aug 1, 2015, 10:34 AM

have cost us the game....way too early.

Right on with the Merriweather example!

Chad was trying to catch SC off guard with that throw.

Aug 1, 2015, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TB taking Merriweather out on that last drive vs SC in '06 ]

To be fair, Sammy's throw from the 30 to the end zone
to Humphries was kind of a floater and a little short,
allowing the safety to get in position to intercept it.
A better throw could have easily been a TD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TB taking Merriweather out on that last drive vs SC in '06

Aug 1, 2015, 10:39 AM [ in reply to TB taking Merriweather out on that last drive vs SC in '06 ]

I was in the stands too. It was obvious they couldn't stop Reggie! He was on a mission and the "W" was ours to take until Bowden made that idiotic decision to remove him and put in JD. Loved JD but that was Reggie's drive. Crowd was in it. Team was in it. If I remember correctly it was Reggie's last game in Death Valley. I was ready to be rid of Bowden after that terrible decision.

How about Richt not reminding his players to knock...

Aug 1, 2015, 11:00 AM

the ball down on the last play of their 2013 Auburn game.....really shouldn't had to, but they were coming out of a time out.

Or not having Murray spike the ball at the end of the SEC championship game against Alabama!

Aug 1, 2015, 11:18 AM

Make no mistake ... I am the biggest Dabo fan on the face of the planet ... I would not trade him for any HC in America (Saban, Urban Meyer, Miles or anyone else), but I do believe the decision he and Chad made NOT to start Deshaun from day 1 of the season may have cost us an even better 2014 season than the one we had. Of the decisions he has made as HC, that's the only one I question .... and of course that has the advantage of hindsight.

Aug 1, 2015, 1:26 PM

He had to give Stoudt the chance he had earned. Otherwise, what is his character worth?

Thank goodness Les botched that ending.***

Aug 1, 2015, 11:43 AM

Aug 1, 2015, 1:56 PM

Slurrier not going for two against Mizzou last year to go up by 14 then losing by 1 after the coot defense collapsed in the 4th quarter. I understand he is old and feeble but one would think they would have an assistant who could advise the geriatric coach so he doesn't embarrass himself.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic