Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We had a kidney stone blasted today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

We had a kidney stone blasted today

Jul 31, 2015, 9:39 PM

The last week has been agony. THis was my first and hopefully my last. If you haven't had one--- dont. Of course its not like it is within your control

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We had a kidney stone blasted today

Jul 31, 2015, 9:47 PM

glad to hear that you are recovering!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Siamese...? How did your other half take it?***

Jul 31, 2015, 9:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Siamese...? How did your other half take it? should read

Jul 31, 2015, 9:57 PM

well not we.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously, hope you're doing all right. I've heard about it.***

Jul 31, 2015, 10:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I totally agree ! Go drink some water !***

Jul 31, 2015, 10:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2015, 10:17 PM

Have had 4 stone episodes. They are some bad mo fo's. All I can say is Dilautid is your best friend. Spent 4 days in the hospital with one of these events....can't even begin to explain the pain they inflict.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Skip dilaudid... Tell'em to give you a fentanyl patch...***

Jul 31, 2015, 10:20 PM

2 timer myself, Dilautid is a GREAT product.

Jul 31, 2015, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: We had a kidney stone blasted today ]

Hook you up to the IV and you feel a coolness travel through your whole body. First time they put a shunt up the last place you think they could put it. No fun taking it back out either. Drink water friends.

Had one about 11 years ago, worst pain ever!

Jul 31, 2015, 10:24 PM

Doctor told me to stay hydrated and drink cranberry juice (think the acid in the juice helps keep them from forming or helps make them deteriorate) and have had no problems since (knock on wood).

Jul 31, 2015, 10:36 PM

NEVER taste one more drop of TEA!! worst thing U can drink

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2015, 10:51 PM

! - See a urologist
2. Get a scrip for Toradol - only to be used prn
3. Have your urologist give you a scrip for Sodium bi-Carb twice a day

This should give you a chance of getting through the next 50 years of your life without having to deal with another stone.

Jul 31, 2015, 10:54 PM

kidney stones are incredibly painful. sadly, I am told that once you get one, it increases the chances of having another....and they are ugly under a microscope....glad to hear you're out of pain

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had my first attack this past thanksgiving

Jul 31, 2015, 11:16 PM

at the ripe old age of 22. Not a fun ordeal. A simple remedy is water with lemon. Get it almost every time I go out to eat. My grandpa used to get them and it stopped with lemon water.

Hope you feel better soon. The next two to three days may be really bloody. Don't freak out.

worst pain EVER...

Aug 1, 2015, 12:00 AM

I am female and would have a 12 lb baby naturally for 12 days in a row if I knew I would never get a stone again. Have had 3..had to have one removed surgically and I am not sure what is worse, the stone or the catheter after the surgery. Was supposed to keep catheter for 14 days and after 4 I told them I would sign whatever papers necessary to take it out NOW. I had to wait for day six and they agreed to take it out.

Aug 1, 2015, 12:27 AM

Have had 3 surgeries myself for those ########. They really are the worst thing you can ever endure. The good news is you have an excuse to drink beer!!!! Make sure you are peeing clear every night whether you are dehydrated or not!!! I prefer beer to natural lemonade... Just sayin'!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had one 10 years ago....

Aug 1, 2015, 3:41 AM

....awful, nauseating pain that would come and go every 2 or 3 hours. You would feel ok for a bit then that ashened faced, cold clammy sweats begin and the digging pain in the lower back would set in for another hour or so.

I found a hot shower and Tylenol took the edge off of the symptoms. Passed the sucker 5 days later.

Been there, done that, don't wanna go back!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had a 12mm stone blasted in 2008...and yep the pain....

Aug 1, 2015, 8:22 AM

was pretty darn intense. They told me it would take about 6 weeks to pee out all of the fragments and I thought they were exaggerating....wrong....right on the money. However, I had resumed all normal activity during that time and continued to strain and called my urine...some fragments almost the size of a BB. None of them really hurt when they were passing....more like something just felt funny, I asked the doc why each of those pieces did not hurt when I have seen people agonize over pieces that were just about microscopic. He said the stones that have not been broken up look like a sand spurs with all of these barbs on them.

I still drink a lot of tea, but also a lot of water. Many doctors feel like it is not as much the tea than it is people, especially here in the south where it is hotter, getting dehydrated. I know that is true with me, as I would work outside in the yard all day without hardly drinking any water.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No pun intended but I had one the size of a kidney bean

Aug 1, 2015, 8:37 AM

and the first "blasting" only reduced it to many pieces that were the size my doctor said were what they usually start working with. Had to have a second lithotripsy which still left large chunks to pass (not the "sand" I was initially promised). One was shaped like an X - lots of fun. Had to have a stint placed between my bladder and kidney, the removal of which I shall remember forever.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic