Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Court stops payments to college athletes....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,297

Court stops payments to college athletes....

Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM

oops,

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/07/31/us-court-puts-ncaa-injunction-on-hold/?intcmp=hplnws

A U.S. appeals court put on hold Friday a ruling that ordered the National Collegiate Athletic Association to permit universities to compensate student athletes as much as $5,000 a year, Reuters reported.

The order was issued Friday by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. It places a lower court injunction on hold until the 9th Circuit issues its opinion in the case, according to the news agency.

Allowing student athletes to received a limited share of revenue has stirred controversy in the college sports world and among politicians.

President Obama said in March that compensation for college athletes would "ruin the sense of college sports" and create "bidding wars."

Click for more from ESPN.com

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, that's huge

Jul 31, 2015, 4:24 PM

I think it's a good thing, until they figure a way to level the playing field. Allowing some schools to give more is just asking for trouble.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Wow, that's huge

Jul 31, 2015, 4:29 PM

Bidding wars go on every day in the SEC !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2015, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Wow, that's huge ]

IF it becomes required....... Smaller schools and athletes will become disenfranchised.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Yep, and if they can't vote, Dems will kill this for sure...***

Jul 31, 2015, 10:02 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2015, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Wow, that's huge ]

It would open the door wide open for the schools that has the most money to cheat the books. And it would turn into a bidding war between the richest schools. ND would about be a NC school every year bc of the money they could and would spend in a bidding war for the very best players. Most college FB players come from poor families, and the schools that pays the most gets the best.Two hundred dollars difference in most cases would pull a kid from a school he grew up pulling for.

HOLY MOTHRA!

Jul 31, 2015, 4:56 PM

I agree with Obama about something.... this is weird.

Re: HOLY MOTHRA!

Jul 31, 2015, 5:12 PM

Thinking back over his entire Presidency, I believe it's the only thing I have agreed with him on!!!

I like the drone strikes he orders on terrorist,

Jul 31, 2015, 5:23 PM

suspected terrorist and anyone who might look like a terrorist. Now there are two things I agree with him about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too. I'm reassesing my position.

Jul 31, 2015, 6:35 PM [ in reply to HOLY MOTHRA! ]

Actually, I've always approved of a minimal stipend to offset the amount a part time job would pay.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Court stops payments to college athletes....

Jul 31, 2015, 5:10 PM

Nice

and all SEC boosters hands just went

Jul 31, 2015, 5:11 PM

from on top of the table to under the table

+1...***

Jul 31, 2015, 5:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,297
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic