Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nyles Pickney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,645

Nyles Pickney

Jul 30, 2015, 10:43 PM

The more I watch this guy's film the more I like him. He is very explosive for a 300 pounder and has a surprising top end speed. Reminds me of Christian Wilkins alot. The only thing that I see separates him from the Gary's and the lawernce of the world is he doesn't seem to be very strong yet. If I had to guess I would think he doesn't love the weight room. Get him in the weight room and he could be a 1st round pick guy. I have no doubt he is the number 2 player in the state.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to Korncoot, Pinckney has no favorite and despite

Jul 30, 2015, 11:09 PM

the fact he has set an announcement date, he is unsure of which school he will pick.

#Credibility

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: According to Korncoot, Pinckney has no favorite and despite

Jul 31, 2015, 12:39 AM

That's the way Kornbutt spins it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2015, 3:10 AM [ in reply to According to Korncoot, Pinckney has no favorite and despite ]

The young man is coming to Clemson and corncoot knows it.

The kid goes to a small school I doubt they have a great weight.

Jul 31, 2015, 7:40 AM

I've only seen him in person once, but his speed is what really impressed. He caught a wide receiver on a jet sweep from behind and tackled him 3 yards in the backfield. Another thing that strikes me is his body shape. He's long wasted, meaning shorter legs and a longer torso. Michael Phelps and a lot of successful swimmers seem to have that same body type. It makes sense for swimming because it's a struggle to keep your legs elevated and the more of your body weight above the waist, the better. I'm thinking that it will allow him to get lower and have leverage on the OL guys more easily, but wonder whether he'll give up some leg power.

^^^^^^^^^

Jul 31, 2015, 7:50 AM

One of the creepier recruit analysis I've seen. I haven't eyed up his chiseled michel phelps torso and midget legs yet, but I can't imagine he loses much power for an initial strength burst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2015, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: According to Korncoot, Pinckney has no favorite and despite ]

I really think if he would have went to some of these camps and combines he would have seen his ranking sky rocket. Guess he got the offers he wanted and was good. I just can't get over how fast he is on film.

Jul 31, 2015, 9:27 AM

I think surfcat said he ran a 4.8 at the shrine bowl combine.

A quicker Brandon Thompson.***

Jul 31, 2015, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: According to Korncoot, Pinckney has no favorite and despite ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: A quicker Brandon Thompson.***

Jul 31, 2015, 9:31 AM

I'm with you TW. With some development I think he could be an asset at OT for us. He definitely has good feet and decent hands. It would be a plus seeing how our OL recruiting played out this year. With Venebles at the helm, I doubt we have to scrap for DL. I also believe we're in for a big surprise by NSD 2016 on the DL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2015, 9:44 AM

http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/Brandon-Thompson/98a5866d-b21a-4f38-ba3f-855301057bff

But I feel ya.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jul 31, 2015, 10:17 AM

My bad, my bad...bash away lol. I got the confuse

Jul 31, 2015, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: A quicker Brandon Thompson.*** ]

Brandon Thompson was a DT Brandon Thomas was a OT. He is built alot like Thompson but Thompson game was punching you in the mouth and not a super at h. Pickney seem to be a much better ath than football player as of now. Just needs to get stronger and more physical.

Jul 31, 2015, 10:32 AM

Yeah I was referring to Brandon Thomas. He developed into a great OT for us. I've heard talk that Pickney can play OL or DL. I just think we could use him at OL and think he could develop there as a fallback. Not sure what the recruiting board at OT looks like for 2017. I know 2017 DL class doesn't look as great as 2016, and OL is fairly lacking as well. Just not as many elite recruits in our footprint.

Jul 31, 2015, 10:43 AM

He is probably only combine 6'2 maybe 6'3 with short arms. I think he would struggle at OT.

Jul 31, 2015, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: A quicker Brandon Thompson.*** ]

Corderiette what surprise on NSD are we talking about?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2015, 10:20 AM [ in reply to A quicker Brandon Thompson.*** ]

If he can get in shape faster than Thompson he might be really great for us.

Thompson was always a contributor but took off his senior year after he got in much better shape than he had been before.

I wonder

Jul 31, 2015, 9:33 AM [ in reply to According to Korncoot, Pinckney has no favorite and despite ]

what Korncoot's undergarment bill runs on a weekly basis. I know he must thoroughly soil DEM DRAWS as he talks out of his anus.

Good analysis

Jul 31, 2015, 10:16 AM

He can really move for a guy his size, needs college coaching and a college weight room.

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,645
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic