Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What in the ####...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 83
| visibility 1

What in the ####...

Jul 30, 2015, 10:19 PM

is the reason for all the hate on cops and even the military on this board by fellow Clemson fans?

The past few days I have read a ton of posts (mostly in Ogundenko threads) about hating cops, they don't do anything useful, they harass minorities, and derogatory terms used to describe them. I have personally had many interactions with the police, usually involving traffic violations (heavy foot :/) and even some years back while in college got taken to the slammer for running my intoxicated mouth to an officer who was telling me to do something outside of a bar. I hold no ill will whatsoever over any of these incidents bc I know that NONE of these interactions would have occurred if I wasn't doing something wrong to begin with.

Every time I'm pulled over, I put my hands on the steering wheel until the officer approaches, I say yes sir/no sir to what he tells me, and if I get a ticket I say "have a nice day officer, sorry for speeding, be safe". I was taught to respect men and women in uniform and if you run your mouth then you get what's coming to you.

I have friends that are cops and have two friends (Army Rangers) that have served overseas multiple times. I can tell you that these guys do what it takes to keep this country safe and 99.9% of all cops just wake up every morning hoping to do some good and make it home to their families.

Stop the bashing and have some respect! Oh yeah GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree, but there are bad apples everywhere including the police.

Jul 30, 2015, 10:45 PM

You are right that the common factor in every one of the bad encounters with law enforcement lately is a suspect who does not fully cooperate.

But, they are under a microscope now so police must do everything they can to turn this around. The liberal media plasters every incident about negative actions by law enforcement all over the news, radio, and Internet. Yet, a police officer is killed on the job much more frequently and it is rarely mentioned.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i agree, but there are bad apples everywhere including the police.

Jul 30, 2015, 10:50 PM

I completely agree there are bad apples....but the liberal media loves to show the small percentage of bad to stir the racial pot and very rarely if ever shows the 99% of officers saving lives and risking themselves for others.

I have no problem with showing an injustice done by police because people have a right to be aware those things do happen. But you have to show the other side as well!

This day and age, body cams should be the law

Jul 30, 2015, 11:10 PM

There is no disputing video evidence.

Unless you're the NCAA or the NFL.

Jul 31, 2015, 9:17 AM

Obviously.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This day and age, body cams should be the law

Jul 31, 2015, 10:02 AM [ in reply to This day and age, body cams should be the law ]

these things are a ambulance chaser lawyers dream!!!!!! any time some people are arrested their "group" will scream all amounts of "police brutality" even when the police do not go too far!U already see it!! every time they are pulled over they just drive off!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they aren't doing anything wrong, then they have nothing

Jul 31, 2015, 11:37 AM

to worry about. Am I doing it right?

There are no lies in the the video.

Want to reference the post with the hate for military?

Jul 30, 2015, 10:52 PM

Just curious, haven't seen anyone hating on the military men and women here.

I had interaction with Central PD, and they behaved very unprofessionally to everyone in the group. Yelling in peoples faces, cursing, and threatening. In the end, they had no cause to arrest anyone or write any tickets and they left. I've never been arrested either, but some things stick with you when you see behavior like this. I still regret not filing a complaint. There was one good cop that night and he was the more senior one. He got control of the other 6 or 7 cops that were there and made them back down. Oh, and btw, the whole thing started because we were drinking beers on the balcony of the apartment. 4 cops cars came hoping to get MIPS for a group of 8 people.

However, I agree the majority of cops are good ones. It's the few bad ones that give everyone else a bad name. What I don't like is the other cops lying or covering up what the bad ones do. This is just as bad imo because it enables the bad cops to keep acting in an unprofessional and sometimes criminal manner. JMO

Re: Want to reference the post with the hate for military?

Jul 30, 2015, 11:01 PM

I was mainly referencing cops, but I have seen many posts throughout my years on Tigernet regarding the military on the political board or Lounge. I would have saved one for you but I like to keep that garbage off my computer

There's a difference between "anti-war" and "anti-military"***

Jul 31, 2015, 8:37 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in response to your second paragraph

Jul 30, 2015, 11:12 PM

I do the same. Hands in the wheel, yes sir no sir, respectful and polite...and have still had horrible experiences with law enforcement. If you think it never happens, you are in denial

The majority of police are nice and helpful. Sadly, the 5% that aren't get all the publicity

and when unwanted police in Baltimore held back, the city burned!

Jul 30, 2015, 11:42 PM

Can't have it both ways.. Have law ( good cops of course) & order OR criminals running wild..with no respect for life or property.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and when unwanted police in Baltimore held back, the city burned!

Jul 30, 2015, 11:57 PM

I don't see it.

I know it gives law enforcement a sense of purpose to act like they're what's standing between society and chaos. But that's hard to buy.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

No doubt.***

Jul 31, 2015, 12:32 AM [ in reply to and when unwanted police in Baltimore held back, the city burned! ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: No doubt.***

Jul 31, 2015, 1:11 AM

wait, I thought open carry patriots kept the streets safe. Now I am confused.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's for sure.

Jul 31, 2015, 8:46 AM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: That's for sure.

Jul 31, 2015, 10:53 AM

I guess this explains Louisiana's low crime rates.

oh spare me. some delinquents burned a CVS pharmacy.

Aug 2, 2015, 6:45 AM [ in reply to and when unwanted police in Baltimore held back, the city burned! ]

Baltimore assuredly didn't burn. Though FOX did of course spend a day showing a city on fire, which turned out not to be Baltimore. There's a reason why polls show that FOX viewers actually no less about world events than people who watch no news at all.

Re: What in the ####...

Jul 31, 2015, 12:04 AM

sorry if I do not share in your adoration for cops, and I would say the number that get out of bed every morning to the delusion they might actually help someone is less than 50%. I have seen them beat the crap out of a kid for driving on a suspended license, haul an old woman off to jail for drinking in public, break a man's collar bone for getting too close to his horse, and I myself was locked up on Thanks Giving, a block from my mother's house after 9 hours on the highway. And if they would stop lying to protect each other every time they break the law themselves, then and only then will I have respect for that profession. Until then, they give themselves a bad rap.

Jul 31, 2015, 12:12 AM

I miss the cops in those 60s and 70s movies who acted geniunely concerned. Ever since they started getting GI tactical weaponry, seems the big thrill is "playing soldier" against mostly heavily inebriated crackheads/methheads.

All that said and my general distaste for the whole notion of "law enforcement" and all its fanfare, I have to give it to Charleston City PD. Never had any problems with those guys on the roadways (i.e. no "I know I wasn't speeding and have no taillights missing so why am I being pulled over?" deals) or elsewhere. And most of the ones I've hung out with or interacted with seem to genuinely like what they do and often even for the right reasons.

Does anyone know why Charleston PD hasn't hassled me as much as, say, Columbia or Charlotte PD? What gives?

city cops are one thing, they have real crimes to solve

Jul 31, 2015, 12:17 AM

but in rural areas the problem is that their job is increasingly becoming a tax collector for the county and the state. The roads are not going to pave themselves, so what better way to raise revenue than to unleash a swarm of malfeasant bullies with inadequate training to shake people down for money?

Jul 31, 2015, 12:20 AM

Oh gawwwd. Which reminds me.

How has the town of McBee, South Carolina been able to do that for so long without any blowback whatsoever? Pretty sure they've been running that town for about 30 years off the backs of unsuspected Ohioan speeders.

Lol, who cares because Ohio

Jul 31, 2015, 12:24 AM

it is their favorite prey down here as well. On a good Saturday they will have the out of state motorists lined up and down the highway for miles. It is how Florida attracts businesses with no state taxes.

Jul 31, 2015, 12:38 AM

Ah, I see our friends in the Sunshine state have found a loophole to all that "people with no money can't pay taxes" nonsense. Avant garde as they always were. And honorable about it, too.

Jul 31, 2015, 1:09 AM

not only that, but it is legal to host people's Florida arrest photos so it shows up on google and extort them for more money to take them down. It is really a remarkable economy down here.

"swarm of malfeasant bullies with inadequate training"

Aug 1, 2015, 10:30 PM [ in reply to city cops are one thing, they have real crimes to solve ]

That's way off base. IF that has been your experience, you better look at the way you react when in contact with a police officer. With the heavy foot I've had over the past 40 years, I have probably been stopped at least 25 or 30 times, and only once did an officer approach me with a smart mouth. I just kept my cool, acted nice and within a few minutes, his attitude completely changed. Ended up just giving me a warning.

The law of physics applies, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." Most of these guys are working 12 hour shifts, I'm sure it is difficult for them to always keep cool when dealing with a smart a55. They have a tough job that I surely wouldn't want, but I admire them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've known some bad, crooked cops myself, but I've also

Jul 31, 2015, 12:41 AM [ in reply to Re: What in the ####... ]

known some very good ones too. In fact the vast majority of the ones I've known were good people just trying to do a good job. I've gotten traffic tickets, and had other dealings with cops in my life, and every single time they have been respectful and professional. I'm sure many of you have had bad experiences with cops, I believe you. I also know people personally who hate cops, and honestly, most of them are one-way peckerheads with bad attitudes with chips on their shoulders who think certain laws should apply to others, but not to them.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: I've known some bad, crooked cops myself, but I've also

Jul 31, 2015, 12:48 AM

Obey the freaking law and you shouldn't have any problems , Or buy a Valentine detector.
For the rioters,"shoot to kill " is the only solution.It worked for Mayor Ronnie
Thompson in Macon.

Jul 31, 2015, 12:59 AM

....and there it is! Posted before I could even imply that someone would use it.

"Be a good boy and you won't go to timeout."

Same thing in all but a few ways.

I wish the boomers had left us knuckleheads with as much critical thinking ability as they did debt.

Yep, people don't understand until it happens to them***

Jul 31, 2015, 9:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2015, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I've known some bad, crooked cops myself, but I've also ]

Your solution for rioters would also work for illegal aliens crossing the border.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2015, 12:59 AM [ in reply to I've known some bad, crooked cops myself, but I've also ]

> most
> of them are one-way peckerheads with bad attitudes
> with chips on their shoulders who think certain laws
> should apply to others, but not to them.

Really now?

Most people I know who don't like cops have very real problems with the arbitrary laws and backdoor politics that keep them in power. And when someone questions said system and whether or not it's pertinent to society, they're pelted with "don't break the law and you won't have to worry!" nonsense. Approximately 0% of law-enforcement cheerleaders don't even acknowledge that the "system" you're speaking out against is the one who created/enforces the "law you shouldn't break".

I'm assuming the ones who get the brunt of the militant tone would be those who post things on Facebook like #coplivesmattertoo to draw attention away from the black dude who just got shot for basically no reason.

It's whatever.

Right on!

Jul 31, 2015, 1:43 AM [ in reply to I've known some bad, crooked cops myself, but I've also ]

You and the op sum it up perfectly. Apparently there are a couple of dem peckerheads lurking about here ;) The first problem is people need to admit to themselves that they were in the wrong.But instead they would rather tell their story of how it wasn't their fault for going 70 in a 35mph zone( Yes this was just one of my many tickets over the years:) That particular one I was trying to get to my mom's for a July 4th cookout and got got by five-0. BUT by not being some hot head and being respectful the officer knocked it down to a 45 in a 35 and two points as a opposed to 6 points. Just saying sometimes you make excuses for yourself and your friends when really there was no excuse.You broke the law and that was that.

You are a very fortunate person indeed.

Jul 31, 2015, 8:25 AM

If your dealings with the judicial system have only been with traffic violations.

I don't know any one who gets irate with police over speeding. I see the videos on tv.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

What'd you get locked up for?***

Jul 31, 2015, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: What in the ####... ]

What in the ####...are U talkin Bout'-I jest wan kill a LION

Jul 31, 2015, 12:55 AM

leave me 'lone bitc#@$ !!!!!!!!!

null

Jul 31, 2015, 6:35 AM

I believe this is a generational problem. Along with believing in handouts, they also don't respect authority or the law. It's sick. Why shouldn't I be allowed to carry out a simple drug exchange without the cops getting involved? Boo hoo. It's unfair. I can't break the law.

Sure, there are a handful of bad apples and you'll find that in every walk of life - not just military and law enforcement. There are bad teachers, bad doctors, bad childcare providers, etc. That doesn't mean they are all bad. The biggest problem with young people is that they like to point out problems and then paint an entire group with them.

Those of us who appreciate and respect the military and law enforcement understand that there are some cops that are bad. But you can't persecute all cops. You solve for X. You don't take the entire equation away. Folks now just complain about everything. They don't try to solve problems, they just rant on about X.

If you can't bring a solution to the table, just shut up. Saying crap like this ...

"Nothing wrong with hating cops. They are useless.

Have you ever met one [that] solved a real crime? Me neither."

Completely ignorant and disgusting. Useless? Really? Take a minute to sit back and contemplate over how completely stupid the above statement is.

Oh ... and with regards to this statement ...

"There is a reason why some cops don't like being on camera."

The issue with putting cameras on every cop in the country is a money issue. It's not because they are afraid for you to see what they do. I know for a fact that some cops (probable most) can't wait to show the world what kind of crap they have to deal with on a daily basis. But sadly - those stories won't be sensationalized in the media. BECAUSE IT'S THEIR JOB!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is the problem....

Jul 31, 2015, 10:52 AM

It's always easier to make yourself a victim than it is to ever admit you were part of the problem...Reason being is only one involves searching yourself for a solution

TigerNick04 original quote

So.. let's say you are a 21 yr old Clemson student and spend your summer

Jul 31, 2015, 11:01 AM

Vacation working third shift at the piggly wiggly.

You are only allowed 40 hrs and you hit that at 3 am sat morning. You clock out, jump in your beater, cause Clemson is expensive and piggly wiggly don't pay you enough fir tuition and a new Ride, and you head home.

3 miles from your house you are pulled over, tks to get on the hood of your car, and then your car is searched. . The whole time being told to shut up or else go to jail...

In that 45 mins you should be telling yourself. ..I shouldn't have been driving home. I'm at fault, I broke the rules, I am the cymbal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Unfortunately, the bad apple always makes many think that

Jul 31, 2015, 7:11 AM

the barrel is spoiled, although we know that's generally not the case.

Most on TigerNet...and most people I know for that matter...have a great deal of respect for law enforcement and the military and have been willing to say so publicly. Of course, there will always be those who don't, but they are in the minority. Thus, comments I've read here are no different, pro or con, than I've heard all my life.

Perhaps, all of us might consider what our world would be like without either or both...not too pleasant a thought, I'd suggest.

Your categoric evidence is as valuable as any

Jul 31, 2015, 7:30 AM

One else's but you are foolish to think it represents everything.

You haven't been pulled over put on the hood of your car and completely disrespected while your car was searched all because yiu were a young white dude driving around after midnight. It isn't cool.

You weren't dragged out of your drive way and cared a thief just because you were taking with you little brother and he owns a truck.

You never had a gun pulled on YOU and when you filed a police report were told to go pound sand.

You never had something stolen from you and then treated like You were a hassle when you filed a police report.

Your experience is different from mine.

But as you say my simple traffic violations have always ended some what pleasantly. Only got hassled once.

I most agree, but the issue is that the .1% that are bad

Jul 31, 2015, 7:42 AM

apples are armed, allowed to use deadly force at their discretion, and frequently don't receive nearly the scrutiny that an average citizen would undergo when they use said force.

The best thing to do is stay out of trouble and obey the

Jul 31, 2015, 7:43 AM

laws and you will not have to find out who the good cops are and who the bad cops are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The best thing to do is stay out of trouble and obey the

Aug 1, 2015, 7:53 AM

And there you have it.

I've lost a lot of respect for police in the last few years.

Jul 31, 2015, 8:01 AM

it seems to be filled with arrogant ######; guys who think they're (still) in the military. Wear uniforms similar to the military, march around like the military, cut their hair like the military etc. What happened to just being nice and "To protect and to SERVE"?

I have real issues for the forced license checkpoints many communities employ to see if your drunk etc. I have to prove my innocence as I'm considered guilty until "verified" by some buzz-cut 2 digit IQ, jackbooted buffoon. Thomas Jefferson saw this day coming 240 years ago.

I DO respect those who serve in the military. My father served 8 years in the Army and a younger brother did 27 years in the Marines, retiring with the rank of Colonel.

Being a cop is a tough job these days but there seems to many more "bad apples' than in the past.

Re: I've lost a lot of respect for police in the last few years.

Jul 31, 2015, 8:21 AM

wrong, wrong wrong. just as in any profession there are bad apples. there always has been. difference is these days their every move is on camera. the bad apples get the pub, not the millions that are actually doing a great job. plus some people have no respect for doing what is right and what they are told to do in certain situations.

Re: I've lost a lot of respect for police in the last few years.

Jul 31, 2015, 8:43 AM

we most alwasy hear about the "bad" cop. Hardly ever hear about the "good" cop. The media is distorting the public's view.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been asked more than once at a check point

Jul 31, 2015, 8:47 AM [ in reply to I've lost a lot of respect for police in the last few years. ]

"How much have you had to drink tonight?"

It really pisses me off and he'll get what he deserves every time, which is a smartarse comment.

I've been asked, "Where are you going?" Like it's any of his ### business what I am doing or where I am going.

If they show respect then they will get respect in return, but when they start off with smartarse questions and comments they have lost all of my respect and will get none from me.

Exactly

Jul 31, 2015, 9:31 AM

feel the same

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

And maybe that's the difference. I'm not crazy about

Jul 31, 2015, 10:18 AM [ in reply to I've been asked more than once at a check point ]

checkpoints, but I don't see "How much have you had to drink tonight?" as a smarta$$ question at all. It doesn't pi$$ me off in the least. I understand why he's asking it. I answer, and move along.

- H. L. Mencken

A proper question would be,

Aug 1, 2015, 4:58 AM

"Have you had anything to drink tonight?" But then again it should be very obvious that the answer is no.

You just explained exactly why you have a problem

Aug 1, 2015, 10:48 PM [ in reply to I've been asked more than once at a check point ]

when you get stopped, not matter how dumb you think the question is, is not the time to, "give what he deserves every time, which is a smartarse comment". Some people never learn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2015, 8:45 AM

Sadly that is the liberal mentality.

Look at the internet as a whole lately it is just flat out disgusting. Pretty sad when that bunch defends criminals more than cops.

null

Jul 31, 2015, 9:44 AM

I definitely wouldn't say 99.9% of cops wanna make a difference, it's gotta be way less than that. I think most are there for the benefits, not the pay though. I personally know several really good people who are cops, and have come across some really huge jerks that are cops. What rubs so many people wrong about a lot of cops is their arrogance and cockiness. And the fact you'll be driving down the road the speed or a few mph over and a cop goes blazing by you 20 mph over the speed limit. Things like that give people a bad taste in their mouth. But I will say they are underpaid for what they have to do.

Hard to respect them when their main goal is to shake

Jul 31, 2015, 9:46 AM

people down. Every year at Clemson games, I watch them strut around harassing innocent people, sniffing their cups, and laughing while they all but brutalize college students. It's pretty sick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again, what you see as "strutting around, harrassing

Jul 31, 2015, 10:26 AM

innocent people and brutalizing students", I just see as somebody doing their job. I see fans and students having a good time for the most part, but there are those who push the envelope, and I see the police, by and large, as just making sure they don't push too far.

- H. L. Mencken

We're seeing two different kinds of behavior then

Jul 31, 2015, 10:57 AM

What I see is harassment, plain and simple. Bothering people for no other reason than to see if they can give them a ticket is not protecting and serving. If you're OK with that type of law enforcement, that's one thing, but you have to at least admit it isn't very respectable.

I've seen them make younger kids cry, and they weren't doing anything other than walking up to the game. Make a point to watch them this football season, you'll see how they treat people, particularly college kids. Hell, my parents even got into it with a Clemson cop one game.

I've never seen anyone bothered at a game

Jul 31, 2015, 12:06 PM

That was not being out of control, belligerent, or a danger to themselves or others. All the officers I've seen working around the stadium are typically courteous towards the people and seem to want other people just to enjoy the day safely.

Same here. Been going since I was a kid and have never

Jul 31, 2015, 12:41 PM

seen anything that would come close to harassment. There's always large crowds of college age people around us, playing beer pong and cornhole, etc and they have never been "harassed", though there have been a couple ID checks. I wander around to different tailgates during the day so I walk through a lot of the parking areas each week...never seen any harassment.

A frat-boy I know got arrested one game day...totally deserved it, but tried to have daddy sue the CUPD because he "wasn't doing anything".

If someone is getting "harassed" by police at Clemson games, maybe they need to look at themselves and see why. If everyone around you is being harassed, then you might need some better friends. Just sayin'.

Same here. Probably been to a couple of hundred games

Jul 31, 2015, 1:06 PM

tailgates at Clemson, and seen a few unruly, drunk fans get hauled away, but never seen cops harassing people who were just having a good time.

- H. L. Mencken

We may be talking about two different things then.

Jul 31, 2015, 12:48 PM [ in reply to We're seeing two different kinds of behavior then ]

Like I said, I have known bad cops. I personally knew one who was kicked off of both city and county police for beating the crap out of suspects. He enjoyed cracking heads. I've known others who were involved in bribery, drugs, gambling, prostitution, etc. Since you mentioned the thing about your parents, it reminded me that one time when I was a kid, my dad got into it with a smart-a$$ state trooper over parking. So I know they are out there. Most of these were cocky and abused their authority. If these are the one's you are talking about, I'm with you 100%.

On the other hand, I know many people, who know what the laws are, but for some reason think it's no big deal to break them. They either don't "feel" like they are doing anything wrong because everybody else is doing it, or because they don't happen to agree with the law, or because they just don't feel like they are hurting anybody; they're just having a good time. Yet, they are still violating the law, and they know they are, and when a cop calls them out on it, they don't like it. They are mad at the cop. That's just childish. This is the case for a lot of people I know who hate cops. If people know they are doing something wrong, know there is a potential consequence, then suck it up when you get caught and don't whine about it; own it and don't blame the cop.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: We may be talking about two different things then.

Jul 31, 2015, 1:07 PM

There is a huge difference when you are being hassled by a cop when you haven't done anything wrong. This has happened to me 3 times and each time the cops had no cause to even issue any written citation. I don't like the bad attitudes and tough guy act. I have no beef with cops when they act professionally and with courtesy. They are supposed to be better than that and if they can't keep their cool if someone mouths off, then they shouldn't be cops to begin with. They are supposed to remain calm under pressure and make good decisions and attempt to deescalate situations instead of provoke them.

Re: We may be talking about two different things then.

Aug 1, 2015, 5:38 PM

unicorns and rainbows aside, unfortunately the profession is a magnet for sociopaths.

I agree Tigerbalm but I'd add

Aug 1, 2015, 5:55 PM

It attracts a lot of the skinny losers/dorks in high school that got picked on and then wanted to turn their vengeance against society. I personally know of 3 or 4 of these types I went to high school with. Most of them "roid up" too.

The Gestapo/Inferiority Complex guys

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: I agree Tigerbalm but I'd add

Aug 1, 2015, 7:11 PM

Exactly.

Cop = dork in high School that never got any. Has it out for anyone successful that can actually excels in a social environment unlike himself.

And I'm not saying I like criminals either... i wish they would catch them but they are too busy trying to drive revenue by writing speeding tickets and harassing minorities.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2015, 9:53 AM

Never met one that wasn't an over zealous power tripping d bag that was out just to drive revenue instead of actually solving real crime. So you are entitled to you own opinion.
We are now down a starting All ACC LT because of an illegal search and seizure during a traffic stop where he had no probable cause to search a vehicle yet intimidated a minority to allow him to do so. Sure Weed is illegal, so is illegal abuse of power for illegal search and seizure but no one mentions that.
Cops are useless.
Respect the Military, yes. Cops, no thank you.

Jul 31, 2015, 10:05 AM

get used to it!! this is the liberal/democrat aim!!eliminate all police so their "voters" can rob, kill, rape, do what they want..O, also, they want to take our guns so we can do nothing about it!!

Jul 31, 2015, 10:46 AM

I would say most younger people on the board dislike cops because the majority spent at least years 18-20 constantly getting hassled because of the asinine drinking age. I don't even really hate cops or ever got a MIP, but I've always found it ridiculous that there are entire law enforcement agencies dedicated to extorting money from otherwise law abiding adults. Its definitely given cops a negative connotation for me even into adult hood. It hasn't even put a dent in to underage drinking.

Jul 31, 2015, 12:29 PM

It's laughable to me that some people find it offensive that some people don't like cops.

I'm almost 100% sure Cops are aware that they are power tripping Richards and fully intend to be one.

And I ain't a minority, nor liberal, nor democrat and I have a CHL... doesn't change the fact that cops are useless power tripping Richards only out to drive revenue instead of solving real crime.

Ever had your Identity Stolen, cops will not help you at all.
Ever had a smash n grab or your house broken into? Did they catch the guy? Or better yet, did they even ATTEMPT to catch the guy? The answer in 10,000% of the cases is NO. Unless it is absolutely handed to them on a Platter, they are useless against any typical crime other than someone going 5 mph over near a school zone on a holiday where kids aren't even in school.

Cops are useless annoying Richards. The only reason drugs are even illegal is so they can arrest people for them and generate more revenue. It's a business. Period. They care nothing about your welfare. Welcome to America.

Jul 31, 2015, 12:34 PM

Wow you cant be above the age of 16.

null

I doubt anyone cares if you like police or not. I can tell

Jul 31, 2015, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: What in the ####... ]

you that you should check that attitude if you ever get stopped for something. A simple traffic stop could turn into something really bad, really fast if you don't.

Most of the people that I have ever met that hate police are not exactly law-abiding citizens.

I hope you don't bother calling 911 when you actually need some help.

Re: I doubt anyone cares if you like police or not. I can tell

Aug 1, 2015, 6:03 AM

"you that you should check that attitude if you ever get stopped for something. A simple traffic stop could turn into something really bad, really fast if you don't."

That's the problem right there. In America we have the right to have a bad/poor attitude and not expect to be killed for it!

Aug 1, 2015, 8:28 AM [ in reply to I doubt anyone cares if you like police or not. I can tell ]

Noodle, without meaning to I think you summed up what is very true about a lot of cops and why a lot of people don't like them.

You stated

"you should check that attitude if you ever get stopped for something. A simple traffic stop could turn into something really bad, really fast if you don't."

So basically if the cops have ###### attitudes = that's ok they are entitled that.
If I, or another law abiding citizen, much less a black man, don't kiss their ### we may get shot - and that's ok because they were just doing their job, right?

Tigerjebus - wasn't trying to steal your thunder I posted as soon as I saw Noodles quote and didn't see yours.

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Aug 1, 2015, 3:09 PM [ in reply to I doubt anyone cares if you like police or not. I can tell ]

> I doubt anyone cares if you like police or not

False. Did you read the OP? That's what this whole thread is about. Someone whining because others have the audacity to call a spade a spade.

Try to keep up.

You're calling cops dix?? Better look in the mirror!

Aug 1, 2015, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: What in the ####... ]

Making broad generalizations like yours is never accurate. Sure, every crime isn't solved, but plenty are, and to say none are is just a lie.

Enforcing laws=extortion. Gotcha'.

Jul 31, 2015, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: What in the ####... ]

How can someone get pissed if they get a fine for underage drinking when they knew beforehand that it's illegal and they can be fined for it.

Underage drinking does not equal law-abiding adult. If you don't like the law, just ignore it and ##### and moan about "extortion" when you get caught.

Re: Enforcing laws=extortion. Gotcha'.

Aug 1, 2015, 3:11 PM

Right. We get it. We're so proud of you for being a good boy and never breaking any laws.

Not. Dude, the point is that if the cops decide to, they can arrest almost anyone. Of course, folks like you would trip over their feet to coddle the LEO's ######## in lieu of asking the question "is all this necessary, and for what?"

Was there even a drinking age when you were growing up? I only ask because the vast majority of the holier-than-thou "it's the LAW!" folks existed in a time when they didn't have to face the nilly-willy #### that PIGS in SC enforce.

Most of this coming from the "personal responsibility" crowd, who apparently is so true to that doctrine that they demand that the state intervene on every perceived violation of their personal moral code.

• The state interevening to help poor people = "socialism"

• The state intervening to arrest people and spend taxpayer funds on offenses that the rest of the developed world laughs at = "good boy"

It's no wonder our great state is in the shape it's in.

Phuckin' hypocrites, the whole lot of you.

Y'all are a strange bunch. Yep, I got busted with a fake ID

Aug 3, 2015, 11:17 AM

at Plez U back in the day (legal age was 21) by ABC. Paid the fine. The thing is, I knew it was illegal to have the fake ID. I knew it was illegal for me to purchase/consume alcohol. I took that risk and got caught. I paid the fine and went on with my life.

I don't blame the cop...he was doing his job. And yes, he was a prick while lecturing me and giving me the ticket but who cares. I was in the wrong. I kept my fool mouth shut and took my punishment. Same thing when I've been pulled for speeding. Hell, I got caught at least 5 different times for not having a current inspection sticker...talk about "nilly-willy" stuff.

Seems that many in this thread want to be able to do whatever they want, legal or not, daring the police to do something and then trash the whole law enforcement community for doing their jobs.

You also seem to confuse existing laws with my "moral code" (which you know nothing about) which is just silly. If you don't like the laws, do something about it. I happen to be Libertarian and believe all the drug laws should be abolished. However, I'm not going to blame the police for enforcing existing drug laws. Rather, I contact my representatives and encourage them to weaken or remove the unjust laws that we currently have. I'm also active in recruiting like minded people to run for office.

Now, I'm not talking about people that are honestly minding their own business and not breaking any laws (even ones that they think are unjust or that the "developed world" laughs at) that get shaken down. That happens more than it should, but is still rather rare. There are hundreds of thousands of arrests every year and maybe a handful go bad...too many, but hardly an epidemic and hardly an indictment of the entire law enforcement system.

You might need to look up the word hypocritical...

I'd say they are prejudice.

Jul 31, 2015, 10:22 AM

I know I am. I grew up thinking policemen/woman were honest, moral and ethical folks. It only took a couple to let me know I was raised believing a lie. It took a few years to understand that they too have faults, most fight just ask do I to be honest and moral.

That's right, I said it. The cops are human.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2015, 10:49 AM

One part stands out as essentially explaining why there is a lack of respect for LEO, military or those in power.. You were raised to respect. Most don't have a clue what respect means

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

"Don't taze me, bro!"

Aug 1, 2015, 9:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMkGOpAF4s

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree 110%...

Aug 1, 2015, 9:08 PM

That's why I think it is as funny as #### when a hood who is begging for it gets the living $hit kicked out of himself by the cops...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You nailed it, seems like every incident involves resisting

Aug 1, 2015, 9:18 PM

arrest, running away (wanted for something), or not obeying the request of the officer.
If they had obeyed, no loss of life........period.

Re: You nailed it, seems like every incident involves resisting

Aug 1, 2015, 10:05 PM

now that they will not let police shoote guys in cars running away all of them will just run and none get caught

Replies: 83
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic