Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TCU nor Baylor will make te playoffs and here's why...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,056

TCU nor Baylor will make te playoffs and here's why...

Jul 30, 2015, 8:16 PM

TCU beat #5 (@ the time OU) and two 7-6 (ranked at the time) teams in Okie St & WVU. Ranked K-State ended up with 4 losses.

Oh, but what about the 61-58 TCU/Baylor game, you ask? Neither showed a pulse on Defense.

Not to mention, these aren't teams who are used to this type of preseason hype and dealing with the kind of pressure that comes with the country penciling you into to the final 4 before the season even starts.

Big 12's best team will be a 2 loss team and you heard it here first. Too many solid teams in UT, OU, WVU, OSU, KSTATE, etc... for these 2 ball clubs to come away with any less than 2 losses. Last year was each team's once in a decade opportunity, and the CFB committee stole it from them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TCU nor Baylor will make te playoffs and here's why...

Jul 30, 2015, 8:19 PM

Forgot to mention TCU's OU win was by 4 points.

Close to the 34 pt margin of victory we enjoyed, but no cigar horned frogs. They'll trip each other up, unless...... the big 12 refs can pull a few rabbits out of their hats this season.

So they had it easy last season, beating OU, KState, OSU, &

Jul 30, 2015, 8:43 PM

WVU. But this season they'll lose at least two b/c they have to play solid teams like OU, KState, OSU, & WVU?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: So they had it easy last season, beating OU, KState, OSU, &

Jul 30, 2015, 9:25 PM

> WVU. But this season they'll lose at least two b/c
> they have to play solid teams like OU, KState, OSU, &
> WVU?

Critical thinking skills clearly isn't one of your strengths.

Bc of the fact that they squeaked by a number of these teams (who ended up with 7-6 and 8-5 records) who were ranked so highly at the time, TCU/Baylor pulled a Miss St/Ole Miss last year. Said 7-6 teams they battled it out with aren't going anywhere. In fact, they may improve. Now, TCU was fortunae enough to face fellow fraud (missing their best player), Ole Miss in their bowl game to cao the season off with a "convincing" win. Did Baylor even beat Michy St? I know it was close. I also know that Clemson would've beaten either team by double digits, especially if Watson took the field.

Just wait.... and look at what games caused both teams to become "household top 5 names" last year.

Both will lose to mediocre teams this year, and nobody in the Big 12 will escape with less than 2 L's. Fact.

So they had it easy last season, beating OU, KState, OSU, &

Jul 30, 2015, 9:51 PM

WVU. But this season they'll lose at least two b/c they have to play solid teams like OU, KState, OSU, & WVU?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

something something critical thinking....

Jul 30, 2015, 9:58 PM

Something something reading comprehension...

AmIdoingitright? ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2015, 4:14 AM [ in reply to Re: So they had it easy last season, beating OU, KState, OSU, & ]

While the other Big 12 team may improve, TCU is returning EVERYONE and not only will be much improved but also have a ton of experience.

If allowed in, they would have won the NC last year. Imo, the title runs through TCU- not OSU.

Jul 31, 2015, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: So they had it easy last season, beating OU, KState, OSU, & ]

you attempt to belittle someones critical thinking and then you tack this little gem onto the end of your post??

"Both will lose to mediocre teams this year, and nobody in the Big 12 will escape with less than 2 L's. Fact."

Fact? oneDERPkid has one upped himself on this one....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

im not buying the hype

Jul 30, 2015, 9:36 PM

Of those two teams either. I do think it's possible one of them will only have one loss and make the playoffs. Which IMO would be TCU.

I think Baylors offense is very good, but when I watch them play it just doesn't seem like they have the athletes all over the field such as LB, DE, corner back, or on the lines. Maybe I'm wrong, but if Baylor runs into a physical team in the playoffs such as, OSU, Bama, or Clemson I just don't think they will be able to handle 4 QTs.

But what do I know... I'm just a guy on the interweb.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: im not buying the hype

Jul 31, 2015, 4:04 AM

Both good teams, not great teams. I would have to say TCU is the better of the two, and they're getting a ton of hype because of their bowl win over Ole Miss. That game said more about Ole Miss than it did TCU.

Yeah those teams are realllllly scary. lol

Jul 31, 2015, 7:21 AM

Heck i heard Texas might even win 7 games this year.

Re: TCU nor Baylor will make te playoffs and here's why...

Jul 31, 2015, 8:59 AM

Someone is seriously under-estimating Gary Patterson and the Frogs. TCU might possibly be the "team to beat" this year. I expect to see them in the Championship game. Let's hope we're even remotely close to how good they are.

Baylor lost their great QB, who basically made things happen. Imagine CLEMSON without DW at QB this year. Okay - that's what Baylor lost and they will not be significant this year.

I agree 100% about TCU and Patterson. Fantastic coach,

Jul 31, 2015, 9:25 AM

maybe one of the 5 best in the country. I think they will be legit.

I'm not so sure about Baylor, but i also don't think that they will fall off a cliff and be insignificant. Bryce Petty was a good QB, but i think that Baylor under Art Briles is a bit like TTU under Mike Leech where the QBs will continually put up big numbers regardless of who's back there. Will the next guy be as good as Petty immediately? Almost certainly not, but i suspect that offense will still be good regardless.

Says The Nancy

Jul 31, 2015, 9:40 AM

who never played ball. try again sweetheart - wrong board

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Says The Nancy

Jul 31, 2015, 11:15 AM

Lol apparently you guys don't realize that tCU has to open up the season verse Tmac's Projected playoff team Minnesota Gophers.

This team will buckle under the preseason hype pressure of being number 2 in the country. Facts. TCU will enter postseason play with 2 L's.

Come back here and praise me later. Thnx ladies.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,056
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic