Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson only team in the country...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,534

Clemson only team in the country...

Jul 30, 2015, 2:36 PM

Article about the coaches poll.

"Just remember this about Clemson. The Tigers are the only team in the country to finish higher in the final poll than the preseason poll each of the last 4 seasons. So at least recently there has been a significant underselling of the program from the outset."

Some of us gripe about the media bias for our Tigers, but this stat really shows that it's true.

Don't need to click the link for ESPN, I copied the only good part for Clemson, but just wanted to verify the source for those that always question things.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/83679/fsu-clemson-gt-ranked-in-preseason-coaches-poll

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson only team in the country...

Jul 30, 2015, 2:40 PM

I dont know if i would call it a significant underselling. I think three of those years we were ranked one place higher in the final rankings as opposed to the preseason. Thats pretty spot on if you ask me. but yes i know, you didnt ask me

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot.

Jul 30, 2015, 2:47 PM

Clemsoning is not longer a thing. Get over it.

#9 to 7-6, however, is still a very real thing and seems to be a sign of a downward trend for a certain fan base that is going to be really disappointed come season's end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Jul 30, 2015, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson only team in the country... ]

Asking a cocklicker coot fan for anything positive about Clemson, is like asking a Tiger not to kill and eat chickens. It ain't going to happen!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2015, 3:21 PM

Who said anything negative about Clemson in this entire post?

meh.... primarily due to winning nice bowl games....

Jul 30, 2015, 2:47 PM

and the so-called "underselling" is only 1 poll position in two of those four years. I wouldn't say we've been "trashed" based on the ultimate performance.

The good news is that this year we're being picked 12th, which ain't bad for team with only 10-12 starters returning, holes all over the kicking game, all kinds of shenanigans happening in the off-season, and a defense from last year that's now playing on Sundays.

I think that shows a tremendous amount of respect for what Mssrs. Swine, Venables, et al are doing. I think it's also very high expectations for a young QB and O-line.

12th seems about right, unless we can catch a couple of breaks and find ourselves playing a semi-final...

Swinney... not swine... effin' Bill Gates is a complete moron

Jul 30, 2015, 2:48 PM

probably a Coot too.

Well its nothing major (like Preseason #9 to 7-6) but its

Jul 30, 2015, 3:17 PM [ in reply to meh.... primarily due to winning nice bowl games.... ]

something no one else can say

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,534
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic