Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WCCP talk....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,409

WCCP talk....

Jul 30, 2015, 1:22 PM

A bit of WCCP talk today. I like Clemson football as each of us do but I really wish WCCP would change things up a bit. I see no need in having four local shows (Plyler, Qualk, Roy, Walt). Its the same stuff and same callers over and over. It has gotten stale.

I think that they should have local hosts for both morning and afternoon drive. That is all. Would like to see them add a national (I like Dan Patrick) during the day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WCCP is God awful. I'm listening on phone right now in the car

Jul 30, 2015, 1:44 PM

In Virginia. Stale. Unprofessional. Small time on-air personalities. I check in to see if it is interesting..... Then I find other things to listen to

Re: WCCP is God awful. I'm listening on phone right now in the car

Jul 30, 2015, 1:46 PM

I hope when Rad came in he might shake that up and find a decent station. Alas we will never reach the 21st century it seems

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2015, 1:49 PM

as i said i can not make changes by myself with my emails. need some help.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've tried as well. I think as long as Ben Milstead is

Jul 30, 2015, 2:01 PM

there, it will remain a joke

Why are you listening to your enemies?***

Jul 30, 2015, 9:52 PM [ in reply to WCCP is God awful. I'm listening on phone right now in the car ]

Jul 30, 2015, 11:59 PM [ in reply to WCCP is God awful. I'm listening on phone right now in the car ]

You coots tune in constantly. Lol

Hate to break it to you but all sports talk radio is

Jul 30, 2015, 1:51 PM

generaly repeat discussion of the previous show. They all read the same articles, get bookings for the same guests and have the same callers.

WFNZ out of Charlotte will repeat the same story in each of it's shows every day. Very little deviation.

The WCCP line-up may be lacking in quality on some of it's shows(cough, cough Deptula), but they are not exclusive to parroting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Hate to break it to you but all sports talk radio is- I

Jul 30, 2015, 1:53 PM

dont see why we cant get a little more coverage on Tom Brady via radio and tv. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you can listen to national shows at your leisure

Jul 30, 2015, 2:13 PM

not sure I have ever been anywhere that I could not listen to Dan Patrick, Cowherd, Mike and Mike, etc. You are free to turn the knob there any time, and listen to potential Dodger baseball trades, Lebron James updates, and what the Broncos are doing in training camp. and Tom Brady, over and over. Ugh.

As "unprofessional" as it is, at least WCCP talks college football nearly every day of the year. I do hate that the same 5 people call every show every day, but you put up with the bad to get the good on anything.

Re: you can listen to national shows at your leisure

Jul 30, 2015, 2:21 PM

bound to happen with only about 10 listeners

Same guys call each and every show***

Jul 30, 2015, 2:25 PM [ in reply to you can listen to national shows at your leisure ]

Would love to see some programming from time to time

Jul 30, 2015, 2:26 PM

rather than all call in or just hosts talking. MP and TB do a good job. So does Roy.

How about pick some of the classic Clemson victories from the past and put together a program on the game with audio clips from the game, interviews with the coaches, players, others connected to the game. And you could add some music from the year the game was played, or audio clips of movies, TV show, news shows, etc. Look to spread them out by doing many decades rather than just one. Are any of the players off the 1939 Cotton Bowl still alive? Get those interview now. How about that undefeated team in 1948? The 1959 Bluebonnet Bowl winner over TCU? or games like:

1. Clemson vs Georgia 1977
2. Clemson vs North Carolina 1981
3. Clemson vs Illinois (Hall of Fame Bowl) 1991
4. Clemson vs USuC 2000
5. Clemson vs Auburn 2011

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it is hilarious

Jul 30, 2015, 2:28 PM

that the same people call all four shows with the same question for each show every day. You can almost know who is calling in by the time as well. Same callers, same time, erryday!

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: I think it is hilarious

Jul 30, 2015, 2:31 PM

I suspect they are probably relatives or friends of the hosts or other employees

The majority of the regular callers are unemployed

Jul 30, 2015, 7:20 PM [ in reply to I think it is hilarious ]

So they have a lot of time to call in

If WCCP was smart they would create a connection with

Jul 30, 2015, 2:31 PM

Clemson students through academic classes -- providing real world working experiences --and giving the students the creativity to make the Clemson Flagship Station the best in the nation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good idea***

Jul 30, 2015, 11:16 PM

Re: WCCP talk....

Jul 31, 2015, 12:03 AM

What do you expect them to talk about this time of year?

If they talk baseball, you're probably pissed. If they talk college football, you complain about that too?

You need to stopbitchin'

Jul 31, 2015, 1:43 AM

There are small markets (and Clemson is nowhere NEAR being classified as that) that do not offer that many local sports talk. I have seen markets 2x larger that only have local talk ONLY in the drive times you are whining about.

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,409
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic