Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One example of a player that is better in the pros then
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,472

One example of a player that is better in the pros then

Jul 30, 2015, 7:08 AM

he was in college!

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20150729/WIRE/150729661/1088/sports?Title=Former-Clemson-receiver-Martavis-Bryant-eyes-bigger-role-for-Steelers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he ever had command of our playbook.

Jul 30, 2015, 7:15 AM

Of course he isn't playing behind Nuk and Sammy now either. Tajh seldom or never looked for him downfield because most of the time Tajh knew who he was going to throw the ball to before the snap. You can review the film and see him 'looking,' his favorites all the way down the field.

All in all, I'd say MB was a victim of our circumstances and were he an incoming freshman this year he'd be a first rounder his Jr season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think he ever had command of our playbook.

Jul 30, 2015, 7:22 AM

Martavis' drops issues didn't inspire confidence, either. What we see now is maturity and focus...and with his natural gifts, he has a very bright future! Really nice to see his evolution.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why you say that ?

Jul 30, 2015, 7:27 AM

His performance is about the same.
Last year at Clemson 42 rec. 828 yards 7 td
Last year pit. 26-549-8

If he had staid last year his numbers probably would have been through the roof. Think you are just seeing natural progress.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Why you say that ?

Jul 30, 2015, 7:31 AM

Plus at Clemson he played with at least 3 guys better than he is (Nuk, Sammy, and Mike Williams). In Pittsburgh he is arguably their best weapon.

Maturity...plain and simple***

Jul 30, 2015, 8:02 AM

Right - I don't think his potential was ever realized at

Jul 30, 2015, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Why you say that ? ]

Clemson because we always had so many great WRs; I think he sort of got lost in the talent shuffle, and I think that negatively affected his motivation and commitment to some degree. In his current situation, I think he feels he has a better chance to shine in his current situation, and that has inspired him significantly. In college, he was a distant second fiddle, even in his best season. He has a chance to be a star in the NFL.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I'll be first to admit I thought it was wise for MB to leave

Jul 30, 2015, 7:53 AM

Bc I thought another season, especially without Boyd, would show just how bad his hands really were and he would never get drafted.

Fortunately I was wrong, even though he still doesnt high point the ball. But he certainly proved me wrong. I never thought he would see the field on an NFL team being as inconsistent as he was.

Part of his issue was playing behind two

Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 AM

guys in Hopkins and Watkins who are legit #1 NFL receivers. I also don't think he took it as seriously off the field as he should've.

It's kind of crazy how loaded our WR corps was then.

I think most peoples' issue with him leaving early was draft status, not whether he could cut it in the league. He's doing great now but he could be getting paid a lot more to do it if he had stayed one more year IMO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Then...?" Get used to it....***

Jul 30, 2015, 9:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. We just don't know how/when Williams, Scott,

Jul 30, 2015, 9:22 AM

Peake maybe, etc. will pan out in the NFL.

We know Sammy and Nuk are working out well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,472
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic