Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Disgusting how much ESPN has become a shill for the NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,526

Disgusting how much ESPN has become a shill for the NFL

Jul 29, 2015, 4:19 PM

I'm not a Patriots fan, but it's crazy how much ESPN is suddenly pushing this narrative that Brady is no doubt 100% guilty and fully deserves a 4-game suspension. Their message is that the NFL was right - move along, nothing more to see here.
The titles of just a few of the articles added to their website over the last 24-hours:
"Brady Needs to Drop it and Move On"
"Brady Looked Guilty All Along"
"Brady Has Only Himself to Blame"

Serious question: Your employer, who has been known to leak damaging personal information about their employees in the past, asks you to show them your last 10,000 private text messages. What would you do? This is no different than them asking for your private e-mails or recordings of your private telephone conversations.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the most popular sport, it's where their bread is

Jul 29, 2015, 4:21 PM

buttered...why the surprise?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not believe that.

Jul 29, 2015, 5:06 PM

Honestly, I've not researched it but I'd say NCAA football is top of the food chain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I do not believe that.

Jul 29, 2015, 5:14 PM

NCAA Football isn't even close to the money making machine the NFL is. For some perspective, ESPN's deal for Monday Night Football is $1.9 Billion annually.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You could say that, but you would be wrong...NFL is the

Jul 30, 2015, 11:34 PM [ in reply to I do not believe that. ]

Undisputed King

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aren't those opinion pieces?***

Jul 29, 2015, 4:24 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

That's your opinion.***

Jul 29, 2015, 4:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

is that what you think?***

Jul 29, 2015, 4:28 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Goodell certainly has (and deserves) his critics, but....

Jul 29, 2015, 4:31 PM

in this case are we supposed to believe that a $15 and hour ball boy makes decisions on how to inflate balls and a multi-million dollar per year QB had no idea. Not a ESPN fan here, but I am with them on this one!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree. Brady, destroying his phone, certainly

Jul 29, 2015, 4:41 PM

did nothing to help his case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Not saying he is innocent or guilty

Jul 29, 2015, 4:59 PM

But any "facts" that come from ESPN should be viewed with suspicion:

"So let’s go back to January 20. On that day, Chris Mortensen of ESPN reported that 11 of 12 Patriots footballs used in the AFC title game were measured at a full two pounds under the 12.5 PSI minimum. It was a blatantly false report, but to this day many still believe it to be true."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/23/exploring-nfls-inconsistent-reactions-to-erroneous-espn-reports/

"The information that Brady “destroyed” his phone was leaked to ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith on Tuesday morning. Goodell highlighted his announcement that the QB’s suspension would be upheld with the news that Brady had destroyed his phone."
http://nesn.com/2015/07/tom-brady-agent-contacted-att-in-attempt-to-retrieve-deleted-texts/

Loan me your phone, please.

Jul 29, 2015, 5:04 PM

I'm gonna call someone who gives a rat's #### about the NFL and it's relationship with ESPiN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disgusting how much ESPN has become a shill for the NFL

Jul 29, 2015, 5:14 PM

> it's crazy how much ESPN is suddenly pushing this narrative that Brady is no doubt 100% guilty and fully deserves a 4-game suspension

To be fair, all the evidence points to him being guilty. Plus non-biased, incredibly thorough investigation had the same conclusion.

Dude just needs to take his 4 games. He can be mad he was made an example of if he wants or that the punishment was too harsh, but I don't think ESPN is really where the blame lies here.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,526
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic