Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cirrius recruiting question...?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,005

Cirrius recruiting question...?

Jul 28, 2015, 3:30 PM

How many players are we taking in 2016? I've been hearing we're taking a small class. How small? On our roster we list 18 RSr/Sr/grad players that are presumably leaving. There is also a possibility that we lose a couple of underclassmen.

Does anyone have a real number on 2016 class size?

Thanks in advance.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cirrius recruiting question...?

Jul 28, 2015, 3:34 PM

We have 11 seniors on scholarship. Expect to take around 18 in this class and already gave approximately 14 including the two legacy recruits.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cirrius recruiting question...?

Jul 28, 2015, 4:55 PM

Reported today we expect to take 17-18. We are in a great situation now considering we have already landed most of our top targets, now we can give ample attention to those still left on the board. I think we are likely to land Overton, Simpson, and Pinckney (although Simpson is making me nervous the longer he is dragging the process out, and reports that he is being pushed away from Clemson by those close to him).

From there we have Lawrence, Gary, Osbourne, Butler, and Anchrum as our main targets. I don't particularly feel great about Gary, but if we can get him on campus again then of course we have a shot. I feel less confident we land Lawrence - it just doesn't seem like the guy is going to take a visit. I get he has some transportation issues, but he is not that far away, and he could make it happen if the interest was legitimate. Butler has us in the lead, and I feel good about our chance to flip Osbourne considering we have two of his teammates on campus (Smith and Fields). No idea where we stand with Anchrum.

Then you have to consider the possibility of the staff landing some stud that wasn't even on anyone's radar as us having a shot (i.e. Wilkins). The most critical thing at this point is really holding on to the talent we already have on board - should be a great class if we can do that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,005
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic