Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A wounded animal is the most dangerous?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,569

A wounded animal is the most dangerous?

Jul 28, 2015, 11:10 AM

Too many people counting our enemy out for the season. I remember everyone all but said that SOS was gone when he loses to Clemson in November 2009. Instead we jumped the shark that day and let the chicken out of the bag. Now, here he is again--caught in a bag and I don't think they have the talent at all to have a good season--but can he "coach 'em up?" I don't know but I think we have a big bulls eye on us for that November game. Who needs a countdown clock. He will be working on Clemson all year long as the game approaches. No matter what their record--it will be loud in there and we will have to fight to get a win. I just hope we pack that place with as much orange as we can to support our boys.

Here is part of an article in the T&D from last year:

"In Spurrier’s first five seasons as coach (2005-09), the Gamecocks were a lowly 5-14 against their four biggest rivals: Clemson (1-3), Georgia (1-4), Tennessee (2-3) and Florida (1-4).

However, the pendulum began to swing the other way on Nov. 28, 2009, when USC rallied from an early deficit for a 34-17 victory over Clemson at Williams-Brice Stadium.

The emotional win jump-started a 10-game winning streak over the four aforementioned opponents – a stretch that included clean sweeps in 2010 and 2011 – and the Gamecocks have never looked back with a dandy 14-3 mark against those teams since then." (Now they are 16-5 beating UGA and Florida and losing to us and Tennessee.)

http://thetandd.com/sports/coach-points-to-pre-spurrier-record-in-touting-carolina-s/article_cd860e14-1395-11e4-a6f0-001a4bcf887a.html

Anyway, nobody is talking about it but this year's game in WB is big. We can get a streak going with 2 wins or they can win 6 out of 7 against us over the last 7 years. As Dabo said every game is important but I hope he has a heck of plan to go into WB and kick ### and take no prisoners.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A wounded animal is the most dangerous?

Jul 28, 2015, 11:14 AM

i ain't skerd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me neither, but now I'm a little bit hungry.

Jul 28, 2015, 11:23 AM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lunch plans have been determined.

Jul 28, 2015, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: A wounded animal is the most dangerous? ]

As least you are good for something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 28, 2015, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: A wounded animal is the most dangerous? ]

I guess you would get arrested if you poasted photos of deep fried Tiger legs.

coot

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2015, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: A wounded animal is the most dangerous? ]

How exactly did you make biscuits out of a gamecock? Not saying I'm not impressed, just curious.

null

huh? i garnished

Jul 28, 2015, 2:40 PM

them biscuits with that bird.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You pull his teeth and he's as harmless as a heel hound....

Jul 28, 2015, 11:21 AM

The simple fact of the matter is Spurrier hasn't recruited well enough to replace the players that have left the program with equal or better talent which is why they are going to struggle this year to duplicate last years 6 - 6 regular seaosn record.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I hope so. The propaganda machine here in

Jul 28, 2015, 11:23 AM

Cooterville is touting the fact of how serious he is by closing practices and usually when he is down for the count he has a great season, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, we got to get that win in November.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism....

Jul 28, 2015, 11:30 AM

which is pretty much the norm for Capons in July and August.

They will all come crashing back down to reality after UNCheat hangs 40+ on them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But what if he's too old to get off the porch?

Jul 28, 2015, 11:22 AM

nm

That animal could be DOA by the time mid October hits

Jul 28, 2015, 11:28 AM

Let alone the end of November

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some wounded animals just need to be put down...***

Jul 28, 2015, 11:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I think "wounded animal", I think wolverine or lion

Jul 28, 2015, 12:31 PM
bird.png(154.9 K)

not a chicken.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent observation. I have always thought we let SOS...

Jul 28, 2015, 2:28 PM

and the chickens off the hook in that 09 game. Once Harper fumbled, it was as if we packed it in and began to only focus on the ACC championship game the following week. We had the chance to run SOS out of Columbia that day (I believe), but instead gave them a building block to their "glorious" 5 year run. Never should have happened.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier also had the #6 class in 2007

Jul 28, 2015, 2:37 PM

This was the reason they became good. Not because of a closed door meeting.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Exactly....

Jul 28, 2015, 2:48 PM

and he simply hasn't been able to replace the players he's lost with equal or better talent.

It isn't rocket surgery.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,569
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic