Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
D'Antonio at Mich State yanks offer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,418

D'Antonio at Mich State yanks offer

Jul 27, 2015, 11:11 PM

After kid attend Ohio St affair

Mich. St. yanks offer after 2016 Sparty commit attends Ohio St. camp http://t.co/V8vTDh3Nsk via @cftalk

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: D'Antonio at Mich State yanks offer

Jul 27, 2015, 11:32 PM

I know that sounds forthright and all , but isn't that a bit hasty on his part ? Did they have a written contract ?
If I am D'Antonio and I am competing in recruiting in a league against the likes of traditional powers Ohio St, UM and Penn State I don't believe I would go rescinding offers too often . This does not seem like a great strategy when you coach a second tier B1G team .

But whaddew I know ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 28, 2015, 6:33 AM

They pulled the offer of a three star to make a statement. Note the young man tried to hide the visit instead of being upfront.

FWIW maybe we could offer the Three star OT who needs a new college home?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2015, 7:03 AM [ in reply to Re: D'Antonio at Mich State yanks offer ]

I'm not sure where I sit on the whole recruiting/visitation/offer/commitment scene, but the word "commitment" is used for a reason and like Dabo, Dantonio must believe it.

I think that once a recruit states a commitment (and the school accepts it), the verbal agreement should be honored by both sides. What I don't know is whether any schools are breaking the trust agreement for reasons other than conduct or grades. If they are, then they're teaching youngsters that their word doesn't matter and it's every man for himself. If they aren't, then the blame lies squarely on the recruit.

What I don't know is what else may be a part of the verbal trust agreement - perhaps full disclosure by the recruit of any other visits? If so, then Dantonio had every right to suspect he wasn't dealing with someone he wanted to rely on for 4-5 years.

As for being "a second tier B1G team", there is a historical hangover from past years (much like Clemson), but MSU is a team that has improved greatly over the past few years. Actually, last year, their game-to-game improvement was so good that at the end of the season I thought they belonged in the playoff group. They will likely be very good this year as well and I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat OSU (again).

My guess is he' was processed***

Jul 27, 2015, 11:37 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,418
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic