Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just spoke with Tavien Feaster's dad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 13,190

Just spoke with Tavien Feaster's dad

Jul 27, 2015, 6:20 PM

Terrance Feaster and I have been in contact with each other since Saturday, and we spoke again today. He said that he and Tavien have been in contact with Clemson's staff, and he said, "I think things will get better. I hope so."

He then said that Tavien's trip to Tennessee and the resulting outcry aren't indicators that the family feels any less about Clemson. He said seeing other places can also make you appreciate another place more.

Here is another quote, "He's earned every scholarship offer and very thankful for it and he's not the only athlete that's taken a visit to be sure of himself and he won't be the last. If me and his mom didn't love Clemson as well, I am pretty sure he wouldn't have made an early decision."

Sounds to me like things are heading in the right direction.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Dhood!!!!***

Jul 27, 2015, 6:21 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just spoke with Tavien Feaster's dad

Jul 27, 2015, 6:21 PM

So Clemson lock !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

what needs to get better?***

Jul 27, 2015, 6:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what needs to get better?***

Jul 27, 2015, 6:31 PM

Reread

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

"I think things will get better. I hope so."

Jul 27, 2015, 7:26 PM

What does he hope will get better?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:

Jul 27, 2015, 7:34 PM

Makes it sound like the relationship soured.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re:

Jul 27, 2015, 7:45 PM

David just said on FB that there was a lack of communication, but it appears to be resolved.

Can you chime in here David?***

Jul 27, 2015, 8:04 PM

Re: Can you chime in here David?***

Jul 27, 2015, 8:18 PM

This may have to do until he chimes in:

The biggest positive is that the family still loves Clemson

Jul 27, 2015, 8:25 PM

and that David feels good about it.

That first quote was weird without the context.

What was the context? I'm lost.***

Jul 27, 2015, 8:38 PM

Re: What was the context? I'm lost.***

Jul 27, 2015, 8:53 PM

The quote from his dad without the context that it had to do with a lack of communication (which now makes the quote appear to mean his dad thinks all issues are resolved and that he expects the communication/relationship with the coaches to get better)

Just curious....how is there a lack of communication

Jul 27, 2015, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Can you chime in here David?*** ]

with one of the top RBs in the country that has already committed?

null

Well that ain't good. Would like to know what led to that

Jul 27, 2015, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: ]

if that is actually the case.

null

I kinda tied it all in to the outcry . . . that hopefully

Jul 27, 2015, 8:30 PM [ in reply to "I think things will get better. I hope so." ]

now that the visit is over, things will die down.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: what needs to get better?***

Jul 27, 2015, 9:45 PM [ in reply to what needs to get better?*** ]

Clemson fans collectively need to stop being idiots and tweeting/posting a lot of BS about Feaster "not being a real commit" or "being dishonest" or "not really necessary". Welcome to big boy recruiting fellas, we have been through this in the past with Watson and several others and we will emerge on the right end. Feaster is a fine young man of good character, but he is also a top recruit and smart to make sure he's making the right decision - one that will affect the rest of his life.

Hood has been kicking everyone's ### on this.***

Jul 27, 2015, 6:30 PM

Jul 27, 2015, 6:33 PM

As a fan it is alright to think the things we think in cases like this. It is however a whole other thing to spout it out for the whole world to read and possibly jeopardize Clemson's relationship with a recruit.

Jul 27, 2015, 6:43 PM

I thought we still had a Chick-Fil-A, so CLEMSON lock - right?

Thanks again.***

Jul 27, 2015, 6:46 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I think things will get better...I hope so" Really?

Jul 27, 2015, 7:03 PM

Is this the report that was supposed to make us feel better? I think we need to start recruiting a running back or we may not get one in Feb of 2016. We've been down this road before. I can't wait until the part comes when we are all accused of driving them to Tennessee with our worry. That will come after the flip.

Thanks for checking on it for us David. You are the best. Just not happy with what you found.

That's what sucks about this situation

Jul 27, 2015, 7:18 PM

We have recruited no one else for two years and now we have our lone RB commit competing with a school. I'm still waiting for Tavien to Tweet he's still 100% committed.

Really, that tweet hasn't happened yet.***

Jul 27, 2015, 7:24 PM

Re: That's what sucks about this situation

Jul 27, 2015, 7:48 PM [ in reply to That's what sucks about this situation ]

You need to keep that sort of opinion off the web. Watch and learn.

Re: That's what sucks about this situation

Jul 27, 2015, 7:51 PM

What are you talking about?

That's what I've been waiting for as well. That's really the

Jul 28, 2015, 8:45 AM [ in reply to That's what sucks about this situation ]

only thing that will make me feel better about this whole situation. Feaster's dad has danced around saying it, but I want to see a tweet from Tavien that says, "Calm down everyone, I'm 100% all in."

How's this?

Jul 28, 2015, 3:09 PM [ in reply to That's what sucks about this situation ]

https://twitter.com/Fast_lane28/status/626106346606170113

Re: How's this?

Jul 28, 2015, 3:34 PM

ahhhhh.....yep, that feels better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another Clemson site wasn't much more encouraging. It

Jul 27, 2015, 8:13 PM [ in reply to "I think things will get better...I hope so" Really? ]

said, "The Clemson staff has been trying to reach out to the Feasters and we're told that past 24 hours have had good communication."

We need to start recruiting a running back just in case. I am sure its not too late to get on one that wants to play for a top-1o team. It wasn't too late for Tennessee.

Re: Another Clemson site wasn't much more encouraging. It

Jul 27, 2015, 8:22 PM

you ladies kill me. guess all of yall had ray ray and cain going elsewhere also. or any other kid that dare visits elsewhere or has any kind of second thoughts.

They prolly had "all in" kim D she going someplace else

Jul 27, 2015, 8:24 PM

too. But then again mama kim D she wanted to get paid and everyone knew it

This whole situation is a little head scratching...

Jul 27, 2015, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Another Clemson site wasn't much more encouraging. It ]

I get the whole 'this is a 17 year old kid...why do we concern ourselves' line of thinking and normally I wouldn't care too much about said recruit. It just sucks that a player of this caliber that can really help propel a program to the next level appears to be having a rocky relationship with Clemson. I care a lot about Clemson and anything that may hinder Clemson's success in any way is going to nettle me a little.

Where would we have been without the likes of a Spiller? Or even a Sammy Watkins? Many people say that one player does not make or break a team. While that may be partly true, do any of you truly believe we would have had the same success without a Spiller or a Watkins?

I understand that we have a lot of talented backs and that they are nothing to sneer at. I'm glad each and everyone one of them is a Tiger and nothing would make me happier than to see one of these guys go over the 1000 yard mark come 2016. But if some of you REALLY believe that Feaster will start DAY 1...then he's a game changer and a must have for the 2016 cycle.

At the end of the day, it is his decision and his alone. I hope he makes us his final destination, but all we can do is sit back and wait. Come be a part of something special Feaster! You could be the missing piece of the puzzle for a NC caliber team!

Have to be careful with the dynamics at play here.

Jul 27, 2015, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Another Clemson site wasn't much more encouraging. It ]

Tennessee offered saying he would be there only RB take this cycle.

Difference being Clemson did not take a RB in 2015 or 2016 besides Feaster.

I'd still give it high odds that Clemson can land Tavien.

Re: Another Clemson site wasn't much more encouraging. It

Jul 28, 2015, 7:00 AM [ in reply to Another Clemson site wasn't much more encouraging. It ]

Good thing you aren't a Clemson fan

null

We're over analyzing

Jul 27, 2015, 10:42 PM [ in reply to "I think things will get better...I hope so" Really? ]

David conducted the interview and reported he liked what he heard. Let's all give Davis credit here. He's pretty conservative of reporting good news. If David felt good, we're on pretty good shape. Let's all take a step back

Are you still planning to run the Feaster article this week

Jul 27, 2015, 7:34 PM

to ease our fears?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that doesn't seem very positive to me***

Jul 27, 2015, 8:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thus far, there have been no changes to the commitment by

Jul 27, 2015, 8:55 PM

Feaster or our staff.

I prefer to stay the course and look forward to welcoming him to Clemson. All else is speculative, hearsay, baseless or rumormongering.

And I wish him and his family my compliments and congratulations for selecting Clemson.

Thanks David, your the best besides Nikki

Jul 27, 2015, 9:03 PM

The Queen has to come first! Thank you for listening to her and getting us great news and info. I can't wait to see Tavien running down the hill. I'll be smiling because with him and our other skill players we have the ability to be in the playoff mix every year.

These are the best of times to be a Clemson Tiger and it is built on integrity, truth, character, talent and family. This could be our biggest run ever.

Go Tigers!

Thank you Lord for blessing us!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

OK - first post on subject - this is what is going to happen

Jul 27, 2015, 9:09 PM

FeastMode is gonna come to Clemson and hear to roar of 80k fans the first and every time he touches the ball - ala CJ.

He is going to do incredible things off the field to help kids.

He is going to graduate from a top 20 university.

He is going to do wonderful things for his family, friends, and the Spartanburg community.

He is going to be a first round draft pick in the NFL.

He will be a respected person of integrity.

or not.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2015, 10:46 PM

Thanks as always for your research and thorough reporting, David.

Replies: 41
| visibility 13,190
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic