Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My post in the Michigan site in response to their thread
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

My post in the Michigan site in response to their thread

Jul 22, 2015, 11:13 PM

implying that Clemson cheated to try and get Kelley....I hope I represented us well.

Spud
MGoPoints: 1
I have been a Clemson fan for over 40 years,and while we did
suffer through probation back in the 80's, ( Albeit for violations that by today's high bar currently set by the then vanguards of integrity,so they said, North Carolina....would not even get us an interview with the NCAA. One of the big violations at that time was giving a few thousand dollars to a recruit that never set foot on campus.Ever.) in the last 30 years, I am confident we have been above board in recruiting.

If you want an answer to why we are landing these top players, just listen to Urban Meyer, who said during a broadcast of a Clemson where he was a commentator. Urban said, " WHen I was at Florida I wondered why we were losing players to Clemson, but now that I have come here, I see that it is a very special place. A couuple of years ago when my daugher was obtaining her Masters degree in architecture at Michigan, I finally had the opportunity to come to the Big House and actually have a certified reason to yell," Go Blue". I did so, wearing my Orange hat and Paw at the top of my lungs. You were playing Illinois and it was a fairly cold and rainy day. Anyway, the first time I stood up and yelled at one of your running backs to,"Go,Go,Goooooo!", I was amazed at the looks I got from the people around me. They were looking at me like I was an alien or something. I looked back at them and said," I'm sorry, but we yell pretty loud in Death Valley". Later in that game, one your players got hit late out of bounds and a few fans right by the infraction booed a little. A little I say. In Clemson, a play that egregious would have brought out the boo birds for several more plays. And I mean, 80,000 of them. Watch the middle of the 3rd quarter of our game with South Caroilina when our first round draft pick got ejected on a bogus targeting call. Turn up the sound and listen. Or , pull up a video of the 2005 Miami game I believe where we set that crowd noise level at about 130 decibels. Come to a game here sometime and tailgate underneath the shade trees with the most courteous fans you will ever meet, and get a ticket in the upper deck so you can look out over the lake. See for yourself what makes Clemson special. As we say here in God's Country, " There's something special in them there hills"

Go Blue

Go Tigers!

Spud

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang Spud,,,give me a crying towel since I'm freaking crying & proud!

Jul 22, 2015, 11:18 PM

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beautiful***

Jul 22, 2015, 11:18 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Beautiful***

Jul 23, 2015, 8:17 AM

Tiger Woods, as with most of your posts, I agree, it is beautiful! Spud you did all of the Clemson Family proud! I hope and pray that Clemson and the Clemson Family never changes those things that make us special. I am and always will be proud to be a small part of the Clemson Family!

Very nice, Spud. Very nice.***

Jul 22, 2015, 11:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^ I agree with this dude.

Jul 22, 2015, 11:24 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oh ####...there he goes again.***

Jul 22, 2015, 11:26 PM

null

POTD LBU!***

null

What did we win?!?***

Jul 22, 2015, 11:31 PM

Thank the Lord y'all don't have violent personalities!!!!***

Jul 22, 2015, 11:32 PM [ in reply to POTD LBU!*** ]

Who lied to you?***

Jul 22, 2015, 11:43 PM

null

Re: My post in the Michigan site in response to their thread

There you go spud,i gave you the one you needed for the Gold Cup.
Great post.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you very much. I will never forget going to that game.

Jul 22, 2015, 11:42 PM

We were walking down the street near the "M Den" and I hear in a high pitched voice," Boo Clemson Tigers!" (All I had on to represent was an Orange cap with a white paw). I'm looking around for the culprit,and Mrs. Spud says," There he goes" while pointing down towards the ground. I look in her intended direction and see about a 4 year old kid walking to the game with his father...and I said," Boy,I'm gonna come get you!", and again he says," Boo Clemson!". I looked his dad right in the eye and I said," Mr., you are raising that boy right! It's Michigan, and everybody else is the enemy."

One more thing though. In all seriousness. It just isn't the same environment up there as it is in the south. Their own fans told me on the way in the The Big House is big, but quiet. They were dead on the money. WHen I stood up to yell that first time, I was the only one standing and yelling. All the Michigan people just sat and watched. And I swear on Howard's Rock, the biggest ovation of the day came at halftime when a 35-40 year old alum did a back flip and caught his baton during the band performance. I KID YOU NOT!!

Re: Thank you very much. I will never forget going to that game.

Jul 23, 2015, 9:59 PM

You're Velcome.
I would have never gone to the BIG HOUSE had I not had to do time in MI for 6 years(wife is from there)
The quietest 108,000 folks I never heard.
I know Harbaugh and he is as nuts as Old Sack, however like The Sack---high regard for himself!
My dream would be to get them between the end zones and whup up!!

Go Tigers!!!

BTW....Go Michigan State too!!

That blog looks like it has less readers than TCI***

Jul 22, 2015, 11:33 PM

Has Michigan done anything of relevance since losing to

Jul 22, 2015, 11:41 PM

App State as the number one team in the nation?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your mistake is thinking they know how to read.***

Jul 23, 2015, 7:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Well sir, my post is GONE! Like it never existed. Didn't

Jul 23, 2015, 7:50 AM

last 12 hours. Pitiful bunch they are. I guess my days of pulling for Michigan as my second team has run in the ditch.

I reposted a link to this post. We will see how long it

Jul 23, 2015, 9:31 AM

lasts........

The Michigan site is

Jul 23, 2015, 9:32 AM

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/xavier-kelly-set-announce-friday?page=1#comment-3265312

I am post #94 for now......***

Jul 23, 2015, 9:33 AM

LOL. they put it back in. I am now post #88. A couple of

Jul 23, 2015, 10:39 AM

their posters are antagonistic to say the least.......I wonder if Manafold has an account.....

Re: My post in the Michigan site in response to their thread

Jul 23, 2015, 1:20 PM

Just saw your post.
Yep....you represented us well.Although you're never going to convince the delusional Big Blue fans that we are a relevant program. Laughingly they think they are still relevant on the National stage and they haven't broken an egg in nearly 20 years!They have 1 NC in the modern era(as do we).Their new coach is nearly as nuts as the Old Sack but unlike the Coots U of M does have a historically successful program----got to give them that much.Like you I attended several games in Ann Arbor and was totally "under whelmed". Place was a dump compared to DV. More spirit and noise in DV and much more hospitable tailgating here in God's Country. They truly believe the world revolves around Ann Arbor(and now Harbaugh)My dream is that one day before I pass that we get them in a bowl game.Tell them to ask Ohio State what we are about...series record CU 2 and OSU 0.Love to make that CU 1 and UM 0!!!

Go Tigers and NO Go Blue....

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic