Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Clemson in top group for 4-star OG
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Clemson in top group for 4-star OG

Jul 22, 2015, 12:53 PM

Clemson in top group for 4-star OG

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strictly speaking that would be alphabetical order

Jul 22, 2015, 1:05 PM

or was that purely an accident?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Lol, I noticed that too.***

Jul 22, 2015, 1:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He gonna mess around and end up a coot

Jul 22, 2015, 1:14 PM

By default

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess we're in for a long wait with him

Jul 22, 2015, 1:17 PM

If he was close to a decision he'd have it narrowed down to less than 7

Re: Guess we're in for a long wait with him

Jul 22, 2015, 1:57 PM

My belief is he's been close to a decision, but things are changing. He's just like most kids that are enjoying the attention/recruitment. I think he drags it out to NSD. This is where recruiting needs to change. It was clearly a battle between Clemson and SCU...we did the work, now $EC schools like UGA, UF and UT move in to try and reap the benefits of of our efforts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree

Jul 22, 2015, 2:28 PM

if they can come in and outdo the instate schools without laying any groundwork, then clearly he didn't want to stay in state that badly.

I'm in favor of an early signing period for the guys who are fully committed, but if players want to take it to NSD or even beyond that's their prerogative. In fact, it's been argued that the top 5-star players shouldn't ever sign a NLI http://www.maizenbrew.com/2015/2/6/7992561/recruits-with-leverage-should-never-sign-letters-of-intent-mike-weber-roquan-smith-cece-jefferson.

Roquan Smith (now at UGA) didn't sign a NLI this year, and I think you'll see that become a trend for the players who are virtually guaranteed a roster spot.

I'm always affended when recruit puts SC in the mix with some great FB schools, like Clemson!

Jul 22, 2015, 2:02 PM

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, I'm "offended" tOO!

Jul 22, 2015, 2:04 PM

LOL & GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm always affended when recruit puts SC in the mix with some great FB schools, like Clemson!

Jul 22, 2015, 2:20 PM [ in reply to I'm always affended when recruit puts SC in the mix with some great FB schools, like Clemson! ]

I am too. They should know that that adds nothing to their resume'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm always affended when recruit puts SC in the mix with some great FB schools, like Clemson!

Jul 23, 2015, 7:45 AM [ in reply to I'm always affended when recruit puts SC in the mix with some great FB schools, like Clemson! ]

I think it's just because they might have grown up USuC fans not knowing any better. Now they are getting to visit the campuses and realizing how misguided they were. They probably put it on their lists because of family/friends that are still blinded by that armpit of a college.

I remember being a Sophomore in high school and the only University I had ever visited was FSU. (My sister went there)I was doing my college tours and I wanted to stay in state, but had no preference. We stopped in Columbia on the way to Clemson and I didn't even finish the private tour! 20 minutes in I begged my mom to leave.

2-1/2 hour later we arrived at Clemson and have bleeding orange ever since!

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson in top group for 4-star OG

Jul 22, 2015, 2:25 PM

Tennessee and Bama are my primary concerns here. He did tweet at Clemson reporters though so not too worried.

Must get!***

Jul 22, 2015, 3:53 PM

I love the Radio interview last night a must

Jul 23, 2015, 4:46 AM

Listen to. I loved Johns interview with Clemsons Sports Talk. It's a must listen to understand how much of a great Clemson guy he is. I think he's coming to Clemson, his film is incredible, very smart, humble, funny and he has drive. It isn't an in state battle at all. Alabama and Clemson and he wants to take his last visit to LSU.

I like our chances with him. I think he needs to be updated on how great Clemson Acdemics are.

I think the atmosphere at Clemson and surrounding area are much better than LSU. I hope he rides around the area there.

It's culture shock for a SC guy. It's tough in comparison as far as watching your back. He may not have to worry about that if he's not taking a car and doesn't leave campus. ( just my opinion)

He said Alabama, and at one point it was reported to be an in state battle. Glad he moved off that. We have to give him credit.

I so hope he feels apart of the family as much as I feel like he is.

I love the fact he wants to open a chain of barber shops. He has an incredible personality and a great sence of humor. We need him because he talks and acts like a Tiger. Love the fact he's keeping a budget at McDonald's with three chicken sandwiches fries and Coke. I'm buying lunch John.

Come on to the family that loves you most. You know it's Clemson or you wouldn't be smiling.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: I love the Radio interview last night a must

Jul 23, 2015, 7:57 AM

Sad I missed that...

We are about to visit LSU in a couple weeks on our way to Texas. I like to visit Universities while we travel to give my kids exposure. Plus I have always been curious to see the mock death valley. Is there anything worth seeing? I've never been a fan of Universities inside a city, at least I've never found one to be appealing to me.

Unfortunately we will be stopping in Tallahassee on the way back... although they do have a gorgeous campus.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic