Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
John Simpson updates his recruitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

John Simpson updates his recruitment

Jul 7, 2015, 5:01 PM

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1561504-4-star-og-simpson-updates-recruitment

"Right now, I’m still taking my time with process,” said the 6-foot-4, 288-pound Simpson. “But South Carolina, Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Alabama and Florida are standing out.”

He gave a quick thought on each.

Alabama: “They’re always winning and I like to win,” said the 6-foot-4, 288-pound Simpson. “I also really like the coaching staff – (outside linebackers) coach (Tosh) Lupoi and (offensive line) coach (Mario) Cristobal."

Clemson: “There’s a family atmosphere up there and I like just how they treat me when I go up there to visit.”

Florida: “I like (offensive line) coach (Mike) Summers and how he’s always honest with you. I also like (defensive line) coach (Chris) Rumph. The whole coaching staff is cool.”

Georgia: “I like the coaching staff there. coach (Rob) Sale is a good offensive line coach and (inside linebackers) coach (Mike) Ekeler is a good recruiting coach.”

LSU: “I haven’t had a chance to visit them yet, but I know they have a good tradition there. I also have a good relationship with (offensive line) coach (Jeff) Grimes – we’re real close.”

Tennessee: “I haven’t been visited them yet either, but I really want to get up there. I like their football staff and the tradition.”

South Carolina: “It’s close to home and they treat me well every time I go up there. (Offensive line) coach (Shawn) Elliot is always honest with me and we have a close relationship, too.”

His most recent was to Clemson last month.

”I had a good time,” Simpson said. “Coach (Dabo) Swinney and I got to talk one-on-one and he told me how much they wanted me and we also talked a lot about their offensive line. He didn’t pressure me, but he told me he thought Clemson was good place for me.”

”While I was there, they had a camp, and I was really impressed with how the coaches and players were interacting with the kids. They’re definitely recruiting me the hardest.”

What’s next for Simpson?

”I really want to go back to South Carolina and also visit LSU and Tennessee,” he said. “I also might go to Dawg Night at Georgia. On the visits, I’m looking forward to developing good relationships with coaches and I want to see if there is a family environment.”

Simpson plans to narrow his list of schools down in the near future and hopes to take all five official visits. He doesn't have timeframe for his decision at this time.

For video highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1513456/john-simpson

Another article from Rivals on John , "Simpson emerged this fall as a dominant prospect on the offensive line, showing excellent footwork and good strength while working as a tackle. He will likely play at guard at the next level and with his athleticism, he has the ability to translate his talents into several different types of offensive schemes." Woody Wommack

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: John Simpson updates his recruitment

Jul 7, 2015, 5:42 PM

Sounds like he might choose not to attend the all in cookout and go to thuga instead. Hope he makes it though. We shall see...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why I hate the dead period in football....

Jul 7, 2015, 5:55 PM

The coaches can't pick up the phone and speak to him about visiting but ultimately he's been to Clemson far more than anywhere else. It certainly looks like we're the team to beat for his services but I think those visits to UGA, Bama, LSU, and UT will make plenty of Tiger fans nervous.

Re: That's why I hate the dead period in football....

Jul 7, 2015, 7:10 PM

Same here. And I know it's not completely related to the dead period but in terms of recruiting hopefully the early signing period will eventually be passed sooner rather than later. I do hope you are right in regards to us being the team to beat. Keeping the fingers crossed! He would be a great get. What are your thoughts on price?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't like our chances with Price at all.

Jul 7, 2015, 8:11 PM

FSU and Michigan are pressing hard for him but he acknowledged today that UGA is still his #1. He'll release at Top 5 soon and said that UGA, Michigan, and FSU are "definitely going to be in it." One could expect Auburn to likely be in it as well.

Things change I guess because look at this article from a short time ago, “One of the things that really stands out to me is that a lot of the coaching staff are graduates of Clemson. A lot of schools will tell you that they will take care of you once you graduate, but Clemson actually shows it and they show it that they have their guys in there. They are also very strong with academics and they tell you that if you aren’t strong in the classroom then there will be a problem. I like that.” He left saying that Clemson was now his favorite.

I have my fingers crossed for this kid. I like him.***

Jul 7, 2015, 7:08 PM

Re: I have my fingers crossed for this kid. I like him.***

Jul 7, 2015, 8:03 PM

Don't know what it means but he had the least to say about Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic