Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RE-ALIGNMENT ARTICLE from Scout.com
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,277

RE-ALIGNMENT ARTICLE from Scout.com

Jul 7, 2015, 4:36 PM

Breaking out the big bucks from TV deals and options for a 66 team Division I scenario. I like it even though I'm sure the regular "voices of unreason" will have their say as well. Have at boys!

http://www.scout.com/college/texas/story/1561434-the-next-big-move-in-realignment?s=248

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. I think something like this is on the horizon.

Jul 7, 2015, 4:44 PM

No SEC, ACC, PAC 10, etc. Just East and West-in 3 divisions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While the various proposed Division need some tweaking....

Jul 7, 2015, 4:50 PM

I am of the oponion that something substantially similar to this is the future of college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It would be better than what we have now. If it doesn't

Jul 7, 2015, 5:52 PM

play out, I have come to the conclusion that our position in the ACC, assuming an ACC network comes along to close the revenue gap, is much better than South Carolina in the SEC. I love being one of the big fish that are in the top two or three in contention for an Orange Bowl, Conference title, or playoff spot as opposed to South Carolina pegged for the Birmingham Bowl every preseason.

Re: While the various proposed Division need some tweaking....

Jul 8, 2015, 4:09 PM [ in reply to While the various proposed Division need some tweaking.... ]

can we get in the Fla group and leave Bama and AU alone??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First Eastern Division would be hardest. Third Eastern

Jul 7, 2015, 6:02 PM

Division would be easiest.

Definitely in FB...could help Tigers in BKB & BB though

Jul 8, 2015, 1:43 PM

Probably not too many people have paused to think about it, but Brownell could be in Top 5 on a regular basis with that alignment with Kansas, K-State and Missouri rotating the championship.

Re: Definitely in FB...could help Tigers in BKB & BB though

Jul 8, 2015, 10:46 PM

He is 2-3 against USC who hasn't had a good team the last 5 years. Let's pump the brakes a little bit there.

I came up with something similar way back in early 2000s

Jul 8, 2015, 4:42 PM

Laid it out in 2012. Either we are all thinking the same thing or some of these guys are stealing TNET players' ideas!!

I even mention the 11 regular season games and 16 team playoff scenario. 4 conferences with two divisions of 8 teams. I only had 64 teams in my plan.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=12262396#12262396

Can we please have that schedule this year?

Jul 8, 2015, 9:23 PM

SC, Ole Miss, Miss State, Mizzou, Bama, Auburn, Tenn, KU, and KState? That's easier then Note Dame, GTech, and FSU. Sign me up!

This is not a good realignment for Clemson

Jul 9, 2015, 1:22 AM

We need to be in the same division as the Georgia schools, if they want to get back to natural rivalries. Kansas and Kansas State? I don't think so.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

This idea blows.

Jul 9, 2015, 1:50 AM

Conferences are part of the diversity and identity in college sports. I'd hate to lose that, though right now they're a little bastardized based on the shorter-term TV footprint objective.

5 seems like the right number. Let the Big 12 get Nebraska back, plus BYU, then add Houston while the ACC takes WVa and swaps out Wake to C-USA. Scrap divisions so league teams play each other twice every four years (w/3 annual permanents), convert the conference championship weekend to Quarterfinals with Power 5 regular season champs + 3 with the four first round losers going into the bowl pool, get organized on a Power 5 out-of-conference program, and enjoy the ride.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wake Forest is a founding member

Jul 9, 2015, 1:18 PM

As long as the ACC exists, they won't be going anywhere, unless they want to leave.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Right. I'm not so sure that Wake wouldn't see opportunity

Jul 9, 2015, 2:59 PM

in a shift like this though at some point in the near future. Their alumni support base is so small, and the costs of maintaining a Power 5 level of athletics may become more than the school and its admin are willing to bear, even with the growing media rights and CFP revenues. With a nice multi-million $ parting gift, it could be just what the doctor ordered.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nebraska wants nothing to do with Tejus.

Jul 9, 2015, 3:15 PM [ in reply to This idea blows. ]

If Tejus went independent maybe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,277
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic