Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitt Panthers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 944

Pitt Panthers

Jul 7, 2015, 2:16 PM

Quick, who was the ACC POTY last year?

Incorrect. You must be thinking of the guy that was drafted #1 overall. The answer is of course Pitt's RB James Conner.

Pitt has 15 returning starters including Conner (ACC Player of the Year and a first-team All-American after rushing for 1,765 yards and an ACC-record 26 touchdowns) and WR Tyler Boyd (first player in conference history to compile 1,000 receiving yards in both his freshman and sophomore seasons. The first-team All-ACC selection had 78 receptions for 1,261 yards) Conner is a legit Heisman candidate, Boyd a legit Biletnikoff Award contender.

The rest of the Offense has question marks including the QB and OL, they just hired their 5th coach in 7 years, and that epic bowl collapse can't be something that one forgets anytime soon.

They play ND every year, and always give them a good game. How do you see Pitt finishing in the Coastal?

DATE OPPONENT
Sep 5 Youngstown State
Sep 12 @Akron
Sep 19 @Iowa
Oct 3 @Virginia Tech
Oct 10 Virginia
Oct 17 @Georgia Tech #8
Oct 24 @Syracuse
Oct 29 North Carolina
Nov 7 Notre Dame
Nov 14 @Duke
Nov 21 Louisville #24
Nov 27 Miami (Fla.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Strong start....weak finish.***

Jul 7, 2015, 2:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gamecockin' ?***

Jul 7, 2015, 2:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

SEC Westin'.....***

Jul 7, 2015, 3:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitt Panthers

Jul 7, 2015, 2:24 PM

They were my pick for the coastal last year and that didn't quite work out. I keep thinking they will get their act together and be a top 25 team. I still think they have a lot of potential if they can keep a coaching staff around for more than a few years

Pitt lost a really, really good coach though.

Jul 7, 2015, 2:38 PM

Pitt also just lost a starting lineman for the year due to injury. Nonetheless they've still got some weapons but need to solve some defensive woes. Hard speculate on their success next season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check out the list of former Pitt players they played NFL

Jul 7, 2015, 2:55 PM

8 of which are now in the NFL HOF

LeSean McCoy
Darrelle Revis
Mike Ditka
Chris Doleman
Curtis Martin
Dan Marino
Tony Dorsett
Joe Schmitt
Larry Fitzgerald
Ricky Jackson
Mark May
Antonio Bryant
Devin Street
Tom Savage

Best Is The Standard

Pitt

Jul 7, 2015, 2:57 PM

Looking over their schedule...I see them finishing 6 - 6 overall

I tried bringing up the fact that Pitt adds depth to the ACC

Jul 7, 2015, 3:00 PM

-'s football relevancy to no avail almost a year ago; didn't really spend too much time doing so as it proved actually rather counterproductive.

Yes, they owon a national championship before but that was 5 years before Clemson first did so that's not the real death valley.

Felt like I was tossing a grenade.

Replies: 8
| visibility 944
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic