Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Road game ticket advice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Road game ticket advice

Jul 6, 2015, 10:23 PM

I want to take my 9 year old to the game at Louisville. It'll be his first Clemson game. I went to Stubhub, and I was disappointed with the prices. Is there a better website or are all they all about the same? Would buying tickets directly from the UofL make a difference? Thanks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only 8 days away - just a thought

Jul 6, 2015, 10:38 PM

Tickets for the Louisville game (Thursday night) at Louisville are limited to 4 total tickets for IPTAY members with at least 400 priority points at this time. Tickets for the South Carolina game in Columbia are limited to 4 total tickets for IPTAY members.

General public may access single home and away game tickets beginning July 14. Ticket availability for some or all games is not guaranteed and may be limited to IPTAY members only.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm all for supporting Clemson University but frankly

Jul 7, 2015, 8:56 AM

I'd rather pay a slight premium for good seats from a third party ticket brokering service rather than travel all the way to Louisville and sit in the poor seats that you generally get when purchasing through IPTAY.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Buying from any 3rd party reseller is going to cost you

Jul 7, 2015, 7:40 AM

A lot of $$. You could try buying off the street when you get there, if you're willing to take the risk. But a Thursday night home game pitting two (likely) highly-ranked teams that's also the debut visit of Clemson to that stadium? Against a team looking to establish itself as an ACC heavyweight and possibly a new rival to Clemson? Tickets are going to be very tough to come by.

Check the Tigernet ticket boards, you may be in luck--especially as time grows closer and some ticketholders decide they can't make the trip.

Most of the Thursday games don't sell out.

Jul 7, 2015, 9:38 AM

You may see prices dropping a bit as the game nears. Also, at every Thursday game I've been to in a big city area, you can buy tickets outside of the venue for just a bit above face usually. I would say keep an eye on the online market and then take your chances at the game if they don't come down.

I'm going to try to be in the area for work that week and I'll probably just see what's available that night outside of the "Pizza Palace". It's a risk, but it sucks when you pay $200 for a ticket on StubHub and then see guys selling them for $70 at the game.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

I think the opponent and the circumstances

Jul 7, 2015, 9:56 AM

will sell this game out. It may not ever happen again but I bet you this game's circled on every UL fan's calendar.

Maybe, but it is highly unlikely.

Jul 7, 2015, 10:50 AM

When you have a nationally televised game, like the Thursday games, people are more likely to just chill at home, or go to their favorite bar and watch. Plus taking the time off work, etc. Less people will want or have the time to do that who live more than a couple hours away from the venue.

Also, although we don't notice it as much because we rank around 15th nationally when it comes to home game attendance (81,427 per game avg. last season) college football attendance as a whole is on the decline, with 562,405 fewer butts in the seats last year alone.

Furthermore, while we rank 15th for home game attendance UofL doesn't even crack the top 30. Even Kentucky had more fans per game (57,572) last year than UofL...

Overall, I would take my chances that this game will have plenty of tickets available 10 minutes before kickoff.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Re: Maybe, but it is highly unlikely.

Jul 7, 2015, 1:00 PM

I disagree. I think that game will sell out easily as it is definitely UL's biggest home game. Plus it will probably be a blackout, similar to the fsu game at UL last year on Thursday.

Never been to a home/road/bowl game that I couldn't

Jul 7, 2015, 8:46 AM

Find tickets.

If you bide your time and wait 10 minutes or so before kickoff you'll find your best deals

Hth helps

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Patience. Thursday night games are easy tickets

Jul 7, 2015, 12:23 PM

People who get 4 and have kids a lot of times dont take the kids due to school.

There will be a bounty of them 4-6 days before and a whole lot cheaper

You are welcome

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic