Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The 76ers really screwed KJ over trading him
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,253

The 76ers really screwed KJ over trading him

Jul 6, 2015, 7:50 PM

He would have kept playing serious minutes on the horrible 76ers squad, and he would have been able to demand a lot more money since his numbers would look better. He couldn't get on the court in Houston, and now he doesn't have as much exposure. I am pretty sure Philly and their GM traded him away for this exact reason. Philly is trying to tank right now, and they didn't think it would be a good idea using cap money to keep KJ. Sucks that he's the one that got caught on the wrong end of the deal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as he plays well he will have a job.***

Jul 6, 2015, 7:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As long as he plays well he will have a job.***

Jul 6, 2015, 8:03 PM

Yeah the operative word there is PLAY and for some reason Houston just let him rot on the bench.

Do ya'll not know he broke his wrist in a game?

Jul 6, 2015, 8:12 PM

It wouldn't have mattered who played for he couldn't play.

Re: Do ya'll not know he broke his wrist in a game?

Jul 6, 2015, 8:24 PM

It was his elbow, but, regardless, you're right...he wasn't going to play.

The Knicks are very interested in KJ....which kinda sucks, but if Houston wants to keep him, it will be a max contract...meaning north of $5 million next year. So, it would seem KJ made a smart decision. Will be interesting to see how many other players opt to put their money where there mouth is...aka: work!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The 76ers really screwed KJ over trading him

Jul 6, 2015, 8:25 PM

I think the Lakers are going after him now. They need help at the small forward position so it would make since to bring KJ in and give him a chance.

I recall he made a calculated decision

Jul 6, 2015, 8:45 PM

when he signed with Philly to sign for only one year. Somehow, I think it has something to do with all this. He made his own bed, to a degree. Besides, what will matter in the end is how hard he works and can he learn to dribble, cut, shoot with a quick release, and pass, which were not strengths of his. This is also why he should have stayed at Clemson for his senior year.

Jul 6, 2015, 8:45 PM

His tender that was offered by the rockets, so that he would be a restricted free agent is 1.05 million so right there hes already making more than all of the second round picks who signed the average four year deal last year. Also with the rockets over the cap and not having his bird rights it puts Houston in somewhat of a bind when it comes to matching offers from other teams. This means there mid level exception could be in play with their current stance of keeping him at all costs and that pays 5.3 million, which i believe even if he played for the sixers all year would have been an optimistic number for him to obtain after one season anyway.

he probably wouldn't have gotten traded if his mother had

Jul 7, 2015, 12:39 AM

stayed off of Twitter and out of the spotlight.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2015, 6:44 AM

Don't worry. His mom will let them know.

Jul 7, 2015, 2:00 PM

As a 76ers fan and local PA resident, the 76ers did NOT screw KJ - KJ screwed himself by not staying at Clemson to play his senior year and up his stock and value - major mistake on KJ's part and it has really set him back - A classic case of where a players ego got the best of him - that last year was too valuable for him to have missed!!!!

Agree and Disagree

Jul 7, 2015, 2:14 PM

1 - The 76ers are the laughing stock of the NBA with their annual 5-year rebuilding plans or whatever they are trying to accomplish by trading every remotely talented player they have in order to suck for more draft picks.

2 - KJ, based on his performance, made a pretty smart move by being able to go into restricted free agency this year as he was playing as one of the top 5 rookies in the class before the trade.

3 - he 76ers didn't intentionally screw him, they knew, given his play, he'd cost more money than they wanted to pay because of they 1-year deal mentioned above.

4 - Houston just happened to be the trading partner and was an extremely deep team, thus no real minutes for KJ.

KJ's decision to go pro and sign a 1yr deal was looking like a brilliant move on his part while he was able to get minutes. Once he was moved to a team where he couldn't play that may have changed his marketability, but doesn't change the fact that he was clearly NBA ready last year. Plus, did you see the draft this year. Justice Winslow with the 10th pick? No was KJ would have been a lottery pick this year.

He may still do okay if he gets another team to bite in free agency as the rockets would have to match the offer. As for the 76ers, will I'll just say I feel KJ was far more intelligent in how he handled his contract then the sixers are in building or rebuilding and rebuilding and rebuilding a ball team.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,253
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic