Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson better at every position then Scar?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Clemson better at every position then Scar?

Jul 6, 2015, 2:20 AM

I was thinking of the two rosters coming up for next year and I think we may be better at every position across the board then our state rivals except maybe special teams spots which are kind of unknown. What do you think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know

Jul 6, 2015, 5:42 AM

Pharoah Cooper is a hell of a quarterback. Who is our quarterback again?

Re: I don't know

Jul 6, 2015, 6:51 AM

I tend to agree with you. Kicker is yet unknown. The coots have a fairly reliable one. We dont really know what we have yet with Spence. New holder, new snapper. These three guys should be out there every DAY working this out together. Practice makes perfect (old adage, I know).

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know

Jul 6, 2015, 11:20 AM

only perfect practice makes perfect!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Yip Yip...FAY-roh gonna play qb, wr, rb , punt return...

Jul 6, 2015, 7:35 AM [ in reply to I don't know ]

Yip...We're not good Todd "

Their OL and K is probably better. That's about it though***

Jul 6, 2015, 8:24 AM

Re: Their OL and K is probably better. That's about it though***

Jul 6, 2015, 8:29 AM

Hard to tell this year. Too many players who have never player before or have been backups so far.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I would hope.. But please don't let that be our goal

Jul 6, 2015, 8:35 AM

if that's the case we will always be losers

idk & as long as the tigers are better on the scoreboard

Jul 6, 2015, 8:37 AM

idc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's break it down by position shall we (Long)

Jul 6, 2015, 8:57 AM

QB: Advantage Clemson. Watson is arguably the best QB in the country while SC still isn't sure who the best on their roster is.

WR: Advantage Clemson. Were being called WRU for a reason. Cooper is good but we have two 1000 yard recievers returning along with a wealth of young but elite talent in Thompson, Cain and McCloud.

TE: About equal. With Leggett possibly being off the team I'm not sure this is an advantage either way. Both teams have talented young TEs but you just have to wait and see who emerges.

OL: Advantage SC. They have more returners I believe and our OL situation is all about how the young guys play. Crowder, McClain and Hyatt are all first time starters.

RB: Advantage Clemson. We have a deeper and more talented RB stable right now. Carsons from SC is good but he's not better then what we have and we have the depth that SC is lacking right now.

DL: Slight advantage Clemson. Returning Reader, Watkins, Pagano, and Lawson gives us good experience on the LOS. Add in talented freshmen in Huggins, Wilkins, Bryant Ferrell, etc and our line is deeper and more talented. SC is really relying on Blackshear to come in a wreck shop as the returning players simply aren't all that talented.

LB: Slight to Clemson. I think Sky Moore from SC is supremely talented and will be a force this year. However Ben Boulware and BJ Goodson are veteran players and attack the LOS just as viciously. From a depth standpoint we're in MUCH better shape. Dorian O'Daniel, Korie Rogers, Kendell Joseph, Chad Smith, etc are all top talent LBs and are ready for their shot at PT.

CB: Advantage Clemson. Alexander is probably the best CB in the ACC. Add in Tankersly, Fields, Baker and you have a solid two deep of talent there.

Safety: Advantage Clemson. Again we have probably the best safety in the ACC in Kearse. Add in TJ Green and Jadar Johnson along with Wiggins should he need to play that position and we have ball hawks that love to lay the wood as well.

Re: Let's break it down by position shall we (Long)

Jul 6, 2015, 9:01 AM

RBs and LBs are at worst a push. LBs probably advantage SC.

TE is definitely advantage SC.

Re: Let's break it down by position shall we (Long)

Jul 6, 2015, 9:07 AM

BS. Surely ye jest

How is RB a push? What is your depth?

Jul 6, 2015, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's break it down by position shall we (Long) ]

We return Gallman, Brooks, Dye, Davidson and have Choice and Fuller if we need them.

I'd be willing to call LB a push though. You have some talented guys there.

Re: How is RB a push? What is your depth?

Jul 6, 2015, 9:37 AM

Brandon Wilds, David Williams and Shon Carson are not enough depth?

Along with Mon Denson and AJ Turner

Re: How is RB a push? What is your depth?

Jul 6, 2015, 10:43 AM

Three Star 5.5 no national ranking
Three Star 5.7 Number 28 runningback in the nation
Four Star 5.8 Number 21 runningback in the nation

VERSUS

Four Star 5.8 Number 15 runningback in The Nation
Four Star 5.8 Number 16 runningback in The Nation
Three Star 5.7 Number 30 runningback in The Nation

PLUS
Four Star 5.9 Number 10 runningback in The Nation

I will give you kicker and offensive line.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

ROFL...bless your heart !!!!***

Jul 6, 2015, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's break it down by position shall we (Long) ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

RB isn't anywhere close to a push.

Jul 6, 2015, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's break it down by position shall we (Long) ]

Gallman, Brooks, Davidson, Dye, Brooks and Fuller. Clemson is crazy deep at RB.

Against who for SC? Brandon Wilds and David Williams?

Re: RB isn't anywhere close to a push.

Jul 6, 2015, 9:39 AM

Neither team has an elite RB this year.

Having a bunch of average bodies doesn't make you 'crazy deep' unless you consider every school 'crazy deep.'

Gallman certianly looked elite against you last year

Jul 6, 2015, 9:49 AM

Gallman, Brooks, Choice were all high 4 star guys coming out of HS and each bring a different dimension to the run game. I'll agree that neither of us has a truly elite 5 star guy, ours is coming next year, but Gallman, Brooks, Dye and Davidson have plenty of snaps under their belt and all are highly talented.

They are not just warm bodies.

Re: Gallman certianly looked elite against you last year

Jul 6, 2015, 10:06 AM

We made everybody look like an elite rb last year. Our defense was terrible.

I suggest you get used to it.....

Jul 6, 2015, 10:29 AM

since it's not going to be significantly better during the 2015 season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I suggest you get used to it.....

Jul 6, 2015, 10:37 AM

I have no doubt you wouldn't acknowledge it even if it improved significantly biggie.

We are trying to have a discussion. Your koolaid homerism isn't of value in this thread.

HTH

I'd like to ask where your D will get better this year

Jul 6, 2015, 11:02 AM

I know your LBs will be the strength of your team. Do you guys expect Blackshear to come in and start or are the returns getting better in practice? What about your secondary? Did the young guys get enough experience last year that you think they will be better or do you need an infusion of talent?

Re: I'd like to ask where your D will get better this year

Jul 6, 2015, 11:12 AM

https://twitter.com/clemsonvideos/status/617090978424336384

A year of experience under their belt....

Jul 6, 2015, 11:12 AM [ in reply to I'd like to ask where your D will get better this year ]

will make them slightly better but the simple fact of the matter is, $Cu has not bee nable to replace the players they've lost with equal or better talent.

I agree. Just wanted to know if thought the same way***

Jul 6, 2015, 11:26 AM

Clueles09 is Cootaid guzzling sunshing pumping Jock Strap...

Jul 6, 2015, 11:19 PM

who is incapable of objectively assessing the weaknesses of a program that by most all rational accounts is spiraling downward like a weak flushing toilet.

Re: I'd like to ask where your D will get better this year

Jul 6, 2015, 12:22 PM [ in reply to I'd like to ask where your D will get better this year ]

We don't need blackshear to come in and start.

We had an infusion of talent this year on the DL with Lewis, sawyer, wideman and blackshear. It won't be perfect. But just having lewis will make a world of difference compared to last season.

LOL...an infusion of talent....

Jul 6, 2015, 12:34 PM

from Hutchinson Community College, East Mississippi Community College, and Camden Military and this is what you're counting on to make a "world of difference" campared to last year !?!?!

Re: LOL...an infusion of talent....

Jul 6, 2015, 12:41 PM

It really amazes me you don't realize you're the one who can't be objective.

Whatever helps you sleep at night princess***

Jul 6, 2015, 12:51 PM

hahaha, counting on freshman to make your defense

Jul 6, 2015, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I'd like to ask where your D will get better this year ]

What a joke this post is. We have a staring line of Lawson (who is better then all of Scars line out together), Reader/Watkins/Pagona at DT and Dodd at DE : all upperclassman. We also have some upper classman 4 stars in the 2 deep. The funniest thing about your post contained all new Dlineman to your program is that every single recruiting service had our Dline class way ahead of yours. We brought in concensus 5 star Wilkins, high four stars Huggins, Bryant, and Ferrel (all 4 individually ranked higher than any in your class) plus 3-4 star by different recruiting services Johnson and Cervenka and 3 star Davis all to the line. Enjoy fantasy time Classof09.

Re: hahaha, counting on freshman to make your defense

Jul 6, 2015, 3:52 PM

Were you unable to keep track of the conversation?

We weren't discussing clemson dline va carolina dline. Obviously, your dline should be better than ours.

The question was asked why our dline would be better than the previous year. While Dante Sawyer may not be Shaq Lawson, he's more talented than what we had last year.

Hopefully you now see what my post was referencing.

HTH

Get back to me when you're 0-1 following the UNCheat game

Jul 6, 2015, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: I suggest you get used to it..... ]

after they've hung 40+ on your new and improved defense.

Your drunken head coach hired a mediorcre (at best) defensive coach from an NFL team with one of the leagues bottom-feeding defenses, not a world class chef.

If you deluded inbreds are expecting him to make chicken salad out of chicken ****, you're setting yourselves up for disappointment as usual.

ROFL...bless your heart !!!!***

Jul 6, 2015, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: RB isn't anywhere close to a push. ]

Jul 6, 2015, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: RB isn't anywhere close to a push. ]

Both of us may have elite runningbacks.

Lets wait and see.

But feel free to write yours off before the first play. I didn't realize things were so bad in Columbia that huge fans are writing off things this early???

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 6, 2015, 1:08 PM

There is absolutely NO proof that Wilds nor Williams is half the running back Gallman is. Dye will make an impact simply because he has had time to heal and will give Gallman a run for his money for reps. usucks crappy starters returning on their offensive line doesnt make them good, it just means they are coming back. Ill take our OL all day to that of the chickens.

Its gonna be a romp in that craphole in cootlumbia this year. The home side will be empty shortly after half time.

Jul 6, 2015, 1:30 PM

Wilds and Williams both averages more yards per carry than Gallman.

So yes, there is actual evidence to show they're at least half the players Gallman is... Could easily argue equal to or better than as well.

Wilds and Williams both fared pretty well....

Jul 6, 2015, 1:53 PM

against inferior defenses like ECU, Florida, Furman and South Alabama. Neither did anything of note when they faced a defense with an actual pulse. Of course, I wouldn't expect something as insignificant as facts to influence your assessment.

Jul 6, 2015, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: RB isn't anywhere close to a push. ]

So you think mop up duty yard average is an indicator????? You are clueless, but then again, whats new.

Guess we could throw out that Wilds had 7 carries for 14 yards against CLemson and Miami his last two games
and Williams got 175 of his 256 yards against Furman and South Alabama. Not to mention Wilds had 143 yards in one game in a slugfest loss to UT, accounting for 1/4 of his rushing total for the year. I guess you could come back with that fact that Gallman had 3 100+ games and 191 against the coots will have nothing to do with the comparisons. CLEAR indicators these two are as good as Gallman. Sheeeesh......

When they were passing out brains...

Jul 6, 2015, 2:29 PM

ole Clueless though they said "pains", so he said, "no thanks, I don't want any".

The boy is definitely one wave short of a shipwreck.

He couldn't pour water our of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

Jul 6, 2015, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: RB isn't anywhere close to a push. ]

Brandon Wilds is a career back up that has averaged a little over 300 yards per year. Gallman had 800 in basically half a season as a redshirt freshman. The majority of Williams carries came against South Alabama and Furman last season. Isn't your 3rd string RB a walk on from North Greenville?

We have 4-5 guys in our backfield that were all highly rated coming out of high school and will be competing for playing time.

If Wilds was so good, why did he only have 2 carries against us last year? He sat on the bench and watched us stuff Mike Davis and we're supposed to be worried about that guy?

Jul 6, 2015, 2:11 PM

There is more to a football season than one game...

And yes Mike Davis was the best back on either team last year. Gallman would have been a backup player to him if he played for Clemson.

Jul 6, 2015, 2:17 PM

LMFAO. FACT IS, IF DAVIS HAD PLAYED FOR CLEMSON HE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE LAZIEST GUY ON THE FIELD THAT PRETTY MUCH PLAYED WHEN HE WANTED TO. HAD HE BEEN HE WOULD NOT PLAYED AT ALL. FACT IS DAVIS WOULD HAVE BEEN AN ALL AMERICAN AT CLEMSON OR A GUY THAT SAT ON THE BENCH AND POUTED.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2015, 2:25 PM

LOL Mike Davis. Yeah boy, he had a heckuva game against us. Such a stud. 163 yards his last four games, Gallman had 191 in his game against you clowns alone. Too bad yall couldnt play Kentucky every game (and lose every game). Davis was great against them. LOL Mike Davis. Way to get the attention off Wilds/Williams against Gallman. Fail.

Jul 6, 2015, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: RB isn't anywhere close to a push. ]

Mike Davis would have been one of the best RB's in the country by his junior season if he would have chose Clemson. Your staff turned him into a fat slob.

LOL...bless your heart !!!!***

Jul 6, 2015, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: RB isn't anywhere close to a push. ]

DeNile isn't just a river in northeastern Africa***

Jul 6, 2015, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: RB isn't anywhere close to a push. ]

"definitely, probably" huh?***

Jul 6, 2015, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's break it down by position shall we (Long) ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

TE and RB disagree

Jul 6, 2015, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's break it down by position shall we (Long) ]

You lost your starting TE and RB in Rory Anderson and Mike Davis. Clemson lost no one at either spot. We have a huge lineup of 4 star RBs waiting to hit the field and Gallman who raped you guys the tune of 200+ yards last year. We have better recruited talent at TE spot, Millan Richard will be a force plus returning staters again.

Oline will be Clemson

Jul 6, 2015, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Let's break it down by position shall we (Long) ]

Scar loses there two best starters in AJ Cann and Corey Robinson. Clemson lost Battle and Davis. We have much more talent recruiting wise and by the end of the season will have a better look line. Oline def won't be our teams strong point but Scars line will be pretty weak.

You mean this guy?

Jul 6, 2015, 6:25 PM

The Fry Guy who is 150 lbs soaking wet and was missing the A from his " Carolin" jersey...

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: You mean this guy?

Jul 6, 2015, 9:07 PM

Don't forget, their d-line has Ulric Jones!
I would say they could be a little better at LB,Moore is legit and #28(Walton I believe is a budding star.I give the slight edge to Clemson at the rb position

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic