Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
great article from 247 sports
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,843

great article from 247 sports

Jul 6, 2015, 1:17 AM

Menu 

Clemson247

2016 Georgia Kicker Hits a 71 Yard Field Goal

Sponsored Link9 Ways to Raise Your Credit Score ImmediatelySunTrust Personal Banking

Inside Word: Clemson offensive line VIPSPECIAL: Get VIP access FREE until football season!The BuilderCoach: Bryant's arm strength, accuracy has improved

List Headlines

Predicting the entire 2015 seasonJosh Best - Jun 28, 10:41 AM6

Newsletter

The 2015 Clemson Tigers have their work cut out for them this season. The schedule features eight opponents who played in a bowl game last season. The schedule will feature seven games within the friendly confines of Death Valley and five games on the road. ??We'll take a small look at each opponent and do a win-loss projection for the Tigers. I'll assume that Wofford and Appalachian will pose no problems for the Tigers, so we'll skip those two games that should be easy wins.

Clemson quarterback DeShaun Watson could be the difference in a number of Tigers' games this season. (Photo: Cory Fravel, 247Sports)

at Louisville- The Cardinals had 10 players drafted this past season. Although they will be replacing a ton of talent, the game is on a Thursday night at Papa John's stadium. This could be one of those “momentum” games where the weaker team rides a wave of momentum to victory. Bobby Petrino has proven many times what a great offensive mind he has. I expect the crowd to be pumped up, hosting what should be a top 10 ranked Tiger team. This is one of those games that just has a nervous feel to it. I think Louisville will pull the upset. LOSS

Notre Dame- The Tigers will enjoy a week off prior to this game. That should help them regroup after a projected loss at Louisville. The Irish will be stout on defense as they return 10 starters and 19 overall. Even with losing quarterback Everett Golson (transferred to Florida State), the Irish are still loaded. Malik Zaire will step up to the plate for the Irish, and this may be the most talented defensive line the Tigers face all season. With the bye week prior to this game, the Tigers will regroup and come out fired up. It could be a low scoring affair, but I expect Clemson quarterback DeShaun Watson to be the difference. WIN

Georgia Tech- Ahhh, a familiar foe arrives in Death Valley just a week after the showdown with Notre Dame. The Jackets will come rolling into Death Valley with a lot of confidence after taking down the Tigers last year. Tech quarterback Justin Thomas returns for the Jackets and in his second year at the helm, will be more polished with running the triple option attack. There is a chance that the Ramblin’ Wreck comes into this game at 5-0 if they can escape the Irish in South Bend. The Tigers looked as if they were going to run the Jackets out of Atlanta last year before Watson left with an injury. This time around, I expect Watson to make it through the whole game, and I expect the Tigers to squeak out another close one in this annually tough series. WIN

Boston College- The Eagles always seem to come to play against the Tigers. Even though this one will take place at Death Valley, BC doesn't seem intimidated by the environment. The Eagles display as much physical toughness as anyone on the schedule. That's a credit to head coach Steve Addazio and his no nonsense approach. This may turn out to be closer than most expect, considering the Tigers will be coming off back to back high profile games. The Tigers talent and depth will win out in the fourth quarter.WIN 

at Miami- The Canes have underachieved the last 2 seasons. Head coach Al Golden is starting to feel his seat get hot after seeing a 6-2 start end with a 6-7 finish last season. Sophomore quarterback Brad Kaaya returns and will become a household name after a spectacular freshman campaign. The October stretch is brutal for the Canes with a trip to Tallahassee and hosting Clemson (talk about a bad cross division draw). Golden will see this as an opportunity to knock off one of the big dogs in the ACC, and cool his seat down. However, the Tigers possess too much talent, and all those Florida kids on the Tigers roster will see this game as a chance to prove something. WIN

at N.C. State- Head coach Dave Doeren will be entering his third season in Raleigh. The Wolfpack has improved in each of his first two years. The talent level has been raised and another recruiting class will inject more talent to an inconsistent offense and a stagnant defense. The Wolfpack seem to always be unpredictable, but quarterback Jacoby Brissett returns to give the Wolfpack one of the more dynamic players at the position. Carter-Finley has been a house of horrors for the Tigers in recent years, but the Wolfpack seems to be a year away from truly challenging. It will be a fight for three quarters, but the Tigers put the clamps on and run away late. WIN

Florida State- The showdown for ACC supremacy will take place on the first Saturday of November this season. Their will be multiple NFL players all over the field for both sides. The belief, at least in the preseason, is that the Noles will be a tad down with having to replace quarterback Jameis Winston and a host of playmakers on both sides of the ball. By this point in the season, the Noles will be gelled and looking to defend the Atlantic crown. The Tigers have had a problem with getting over the hump against FSU, with the last win coming in 2011. The stakes are always high when these two get together and this year will be no different. The Noles added transfer Golson hoping he will provide stability at the games most important position. Clemson has a decided advantage at quarterback, and the Tigers haven't forgotten the heartbreaker in Tallahassee last season. In another dramatic battle, the Tigers will finally get it done, with Watson making a Heisman case. WIN

at Syracuse- The last time the Tigers visited the Carrier Dome, they rolled in an easy 49-14 victory. The Orange played a much better game last season, although the Tigers were without Watson, losing in a respectable 16-6 defensive war. I expect there to be more scoring this time around. It's just that most of the scoring will be done by the Tigers in a game that will be over by the third quarter. WIN

Wake Forest- Similar to the Syracuse prediction, the Demon Deacons are just devoid of talent. Head coach Dave Clawson will enter his second year in Winston-Salem but there is still to much work to be done to compete with an opponent such as Clemson. The Tigers will make quick work of the Deacs before letting off the gas late. WIN??

at South Carolina- The Tigers broke the Gamecocks’ five-game winning last season in Death Valley, winning 35-17 in a game that wasn't as close as the 18 point margin of victory. The Gamecocks struggled right out of the gates last season, but still managed to come up with a winning record and a bowl win. There is talk this could be Steve Spurrier's last season and if so, he'll be looking to put a stamp on his career in this game. The Tigers are more talented, but the Gamecocks have the home field advantage. It's very possible the Gamecocks will need this win for bowl eligibility. Watson has claimed while he is at Clemson, the Tigers won't know how it feels to lose to the Gamecocks. He'll prove to be right for the second straight year.WIN

Conclusion- This projection would have the Tigers at 11-1 overall and 7-1 in ACC play, which would make them Atlantic division champions and put them into the ACC Championship game. A second game against Georgia Tech would be the likely scenario. If the Tigers can be 12-1, a spot in the final 4 will definitely be within reach. This is assuming that Watson makes it through the entire season, but there's no reason that shouldn't be the case. The Tigers have the talent and schedule to make there case. Now its just a matter of can they have enough consistency and enough luck to get to the promised land.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: great article from 247 sports

Jul 6, 2015, 11:26 AM

I'd take that season. 12-1...an ACC Championship and a top 4 ranking, playing for the NC. yep, I'd take it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is Clemson going to jump to top 10

Jul 6, 2015, 12:45 PM

Beating WatfOrd and app st?

How is Clemson going to win the division I'd Louisville holds the tie breaker? Louisville is going to beat the eventual division champ and then lose 2 games?

Do these people not see the ripples in their predictions?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: How is Clemson going to jump to top 10

Jul 6, 2015, 2:53 PM

I think the thought would be that Louisville would lose two other ACC games. With games at FSU, NC State, and an improving Pitt squad, that doesn't seem too crazy.

null

Re: How is Clemson going to jump to top 10

Jul 6, 2015, 8:43 PM

I think we will beat Louisville on a thurs night. That game will be our first test.

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,843
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic