Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Read Clem is a 6-6 team w/o Watson. You buying that?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,490

Read Clem is a 6-6 team w/o Watson. You buying that?

Jul 5, 2015, 6:08 PM

I think we have way too many playmakers offensively and a decent enough defense for that to happen this year. Probably more like 8-4 IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did he transfer...

Jul 5, 2015, 6:10 PM

again?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did he return after the his first transfer.

Jul 5, 2015, 6:28 PM

asking for a Nancy'S tate fan

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

idk, a lot of misinformation swirling around. maybe it'd

Jul 5, 2015, 6:35 PM

be prudent to call the whole thing off?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm hear for the whole thing.***

Jul 5, 2015, 6:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

ms. chambers...

Jul 5, 2015, 6:46 PM

is that you?

I wish I caught that reference.

Jul 5, 2015, 6:55 PM

Come on FM, you're better than this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I wish I caught that reference.

Jul 5, 2015, 7:11 PM

...the girl next door.

Ohhhhhh my.

Jul 5, 2015, 7:43 PM

null

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

exactly...

Jul 5, 2015, 8:19 PM

;)

You can have most of it, I just want a bit.

Jul 5, 2015, 7:16 PM [ in reply to I'm hear for the whole thing.*** ]

please?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't wanna think about that***

Jul 5, 2015, 6:11 PM

Re: Read Clem is a 6-6 team w/o Watson. You buying that?

Jul 5, 2015, 6:15 PM

That is coot logic, nothing to worry about there. No one man can be half the team. We have good enough receivers and players at every position that a much lesser QB can win at Clemson right now. But it do take special players like a DW4 to make championships more likely to win I believe....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2015, 6:25 PM

Kelly Bryant or Tucker Isreal could be rushed

It depends on how ready our back-up QBs are (obviously)

Jul 5, 2015, 7:01 PM

and I really don't know. WE do know that last year Schuessler was not good enough to get a single snap when we had a struggling, barely able to walk and throw Cole Stoudt, so I'm not counting on him. I've got a feeling Israel may have the moxie to manage a game if we are solid in every other aspect, but don't expect him to be much of a threat downfield, and without that it will get ugly in a hurry. In the event that Watson does go down (and until he shows he can stay healthy, I think it's a very real possibility), I think our success will depend largely on how ready Bryant is. He has freaky athleticism, much in the mold of Cam Newton, and when he's ready mentally, he will be capable of leading this team. If he is, I'd say losing Watson would only cost us a game or two. Until then, without a ready Bryant or Watson, I'd say 6-6 is not too far off. I will say, with a healthy Watson, I don't see us losing more than 2 games.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Our OCs are working a gameplan for Nick.

Jul 5, 2015, 7:18 PM

They made Cole look like a Heisman candidate. We'll win at least 8 without DW.

Let's just hope it doesn't come to that. :-)

Jul 5, 2015, 7:30 PM

I don't know - Cole was about as far from Heisman territory as you could get when he was all banged up, and we obviously had no gameplan for Nick then when we needed it desperately. You may be right, but I have no confidence in him at this point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jul 5, 2015, 7:43 PM

Doesn't matter. He's here. That could be argued for many schools and their starting qb. I don't go by "what ifs". We have Watson. We have Dabo. We have a great home field advantage and incredible fans.

Isreal/Bryant Combo

Jul 5, 2015, 7:48 PM

I think these two guys could keep the 10 win streak alive. Isreal can knock a hair off a gnats #### with the football from 60 yrds. and Bryant with ray ray and scott lined up on either side would be too much options for any defense to cover. Add in a bigger and stronger Gallman.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. if

Jul 5, 2015, 8:53 PM

our schedule included:

Bama, LSU, Oregon, UGa, Ohio St, and maybe USC.

But it doesn't, so I think Dr Scheuss could lead us over Wake, BC, Syr, App, WOfford, MIami, Usuc, and NCst.

Louis, ND, GT, and FSU would be the only ones to really worry about, imnsho.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2015, 9:00 PM

No, maybe a FSU loss and GT but that's it. Not a 6-6 team. Clemson is pretty solid at every position, but Watson makes it all go

Jul 5, 2015, 9:47 PM

10-2 without watson

we do not lose him for the first 2 games

louisville we still win if watson goes down
ND lose
FSU lose

win the rest !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We weren't last year

Jul 5, 2015, 10:43 PM

Who's the moron who thinks so this year?

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

The coaches have a plan for that

Jul 5, 2015, 10:54 PM

Schuessler looked good in spring practice and the spring game from everything I've heard. Kelly Bryant, if he matures fast enough, will be a great backup to Watson. Isreal is in the same shoes as Bryant, the kid will be a great QB one day just depends on how long it takes for him to adjust to college football. All QBs have been practicing hard this summer. If Watson does go down, all we really need is someone who can be a good game manager as we have talent all over the field. Is 6-6 possible if Watson goes down? Sure, but i still think we will do ok without him. The coaches know what they are doing

Prob end up like coots with conner shaw. QB that can it hand off and use legs to open up the pass

Jul 5, 2015, 11:00 PM

Kelly says hello and goodbye to 6-7 wins seasons like usc jr is accustomed to ;)

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,490
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic