Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Message removed by Author
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Jul 5, 2015, 9:18 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not fumbling on the first play is a really good idea.***

Jul 5, 2015, 9:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

We should make a flag for the occasion and fly it.***

Jul 5, 2015, 9:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

if 10,000 present swore loyalty & fealty to seminole nation

Jul 5, 2015, 9:48 AM

[note: a 2012 estimate suggests the CW number could be as high 850,000]

the 73,428 hopes & dreams that died that night would place the loss between vietnam & ww1.

since clemson beat clemson that fateful night, you'll be comforted to know the tigers re-enact & refine their performance during every practice, meeting held &/or game that has been played since that horrific loss.

rally to the flag boys!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i was there, and I didn't leave until the bitter end.***

Jul 5, 2015, 9:53 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went on the field after

Jul 5, 2015, 11:48 AM

And that is a game I will never forget. All the hype, plus the coots lost to Tennessee earlier that day. What an ### whippin that turned out to be. One of the most humbling games I've ever experienced.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto! A night game where I had no problem leaving lot 14!***

Jul 5, 2015, 11:49 AM [ in reply to i was there, and I didn't leave until the bitter end.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I remember most about that game is

Jul 5, 2015, 9:59 AM

we had weathered the storm, had the momentum, and was about to get that game back to a 7 or 10 pt deficit before half and I believe get the ball to open the second half but Boyd threw that gawdawful interception they returned a long ways and set up the field goal. THAT was the spirit breaker. It was still a game up until then.

Re: What I remember most about that game is

Jul 5, 2015, 10:17 AM

And hot rod had a terrible run where he tried to run opposite field

"Play call"..... Rut roh. You went there...***

Jul 5, 2015, 10:17 AM

Neither playcalling nor the fumble are the reasons we lost

Jul 5, 2015, 12:16 PM

But by the same token, Spurrier, the supposed offensive genius, his playcalling has cost the coots numerous games -- some of them costing your coots the chance at the SEC East. Not even Ken Hatfield fubarred so many 4th quarter leads due to playcalling. Heck, Lou Holtz was a sharper offensive mind than what Spurrier has shown in his trending disaster. Honestly, has his playcalling won any games in Columbia? I can't think of any. What about you, motor city bengal?

Speaking of motor city bengal, why did you stop using that handle anyway?

What's motor city bengal? Are you senile? I agree that head

Jul 5, 2015, 9:11 PM

coot spurrier has lost it. If he ever had it.... Which is why it's pure idiocy that we found a way to lose 5 in a row to that old man. They don't have better players, coaches, fans, tradition.... So wut up wid dat? Crazy I tell you! Crazy!!

We should always go on D first, I remember opener against

Jul 5, 2015, 11:00 AM

UGA in 2003. Fumbled first snap, and I think that went something to the tune of 30-0. To be fair, those were some pretty bad teams we had back then.

You can't do that.***

Jul 5, 2015, 12:18 PM

We fumbled the first play against LSU

Jul 6, 2015, 5:48 AM [ in reply to We should always go on D first, I remember opener against ]

And lost Sammy Watkins for the game but still found a way to win that one.

I try not to.***

Jul 5, 2015, 11:27 AM

Re: Remember 10/19/2013 when FSU came into Death Valley

Jul 5, 2015, 12:09 PM

Boyd was a deer in headlights that night. He had a terrible game, likely the worst of his career. Our D played admirably for a while there, but got tired quickly after being on the field most of the night. FSU had the better team, but definitely not by that margin. Morris didn't help but obviously had to try to keep confidence in Boyd in his play calling.

Gettysburg (Civil War) is not really a good analogy there. Obviously the "Head Coach" at Gettysburg screwed that one up. I think the "field general" screwed the battle up against FSU that year. Kind of like when your star pitcher has his worst night ever. It's going to get in the way of success.

Winston, love him or hate him, he was dead on that night.

Jul 5, 2015, 12:34 PM

Almost 450 yards passing and 3 TDs, including his first pass of the game. FSU ran up almost 550 yards total, and we couldn't get them off the field when needed. They were 75% on third downs. We were 33%.

We did run it 44 times, but only averaged 3 yds a carry. We absolutely did try to run. We had Seckinger's fumble to start the game, but Tahj had 2 picks and a fumble that was returned for a TD. Tahj was shook up all night ad he could only hit the short ball. Even though he completed 22 passes (the same amount as Winston) he was only good for about 4 yards a pass.

In all, the QBs were the biggest difference in the game.

Re: Winston, love him or hate him, he was dead on that night.

Jul 5, 2015, 12:39 PM

> In all, the QBs were the biggest difference in the
> game

Agreed.

Winston lived and died by throwing the ball straight up to...

Jul 5, 2015, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Winston, love him or hate him, he was dead on that night. ]

a 6'-5" WR with a 42" vertical. We had nobody to cover someone with those physical attributes and neither did any of FSU's other opponents.

We know what happened after that particular WR went pro.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you talking about Benjamin?

Jul 5, 2015, 8:29 PM

He had 3 catches. Rashad Greene was a beast as was O'Leary, like he usually was. You have to to give props to Winston, he came to play that night.

N. O'Leary 5 161 32.2 0 94
R. Greene 8 146 18.3 2 72
K. Shaw 5 64 12.8 0 20
K. Benjamin 3 62 20.7 1 27
D. Freeman 1 11 11.0 0 11

My take on the game

Jul 5, 2015, 2:41 PM

I was confident. Probably too confident. Right before the game the sky turned a beautiful Clemson orange, I took an amazing photo and showed every FSU fan I could.

FSU wide receivers won that game. Our defense played them step-by-step stride for stride, count the number of circus catches.

Unreal.

Re: My take on the game

Jul 5, 2015, 2:46 PM

agreed on our defense that night. our QB lost that game for the most part. love him for all he did outside of that game. he was lost that game.

Yep, seems that TB & a lot of Team got "Unfocused" & then...

Jul 5, 2015, 3:07 PM

fear or whatever you want to call it reared its ugly head..and mistake after mistake piled on..plus that QB of theirs who had his mojo & big mouth in high gear took over.

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, seems that TB & a lot of Team got "Unfocused" & then...

Jul 5, 2015, 11:49 PM

Yep. TU Bill. Love your posts.

I've watched that game 3 times after being there that night

Jul 5, 2015, 8:48 PM

it was one of those nights that make you question your life choices.

But every time I come away agreeing with Dabo, the talent difference wasn't that great. There was a lot of flukish-ness to the difference. Everytime BV took a chance, it backfired. When FSU blitzed, jackpot. Clemson never went 3 and out all night. crazy.

Pressure on Tajh and on Jameis was comparable, one was cool and accurate while the other was flustered and forced bad throws.

The crowd was great though, so I can claim I contributed 1/83,000 of that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean like when West Virginia came to the Orange Bowl

Jul 5, 2015, 9:46 PM

and fought us to free Kevin Steele? Yeah, I think we should remember that one as our heritage too. They freed Kevin Steele but some still hate him and pray he doesn't try to marry they're sister and #### sure want to make sure he shows a picture ID before he can vote.

Good metaphor....shame most missed your point. ;)

Thanks - but I was too subtle - heritage and re-enactment

Jul 5, 2015, 10:36 PM

were not quite enough.

Garsh, you are so smart and whitty...

Jul 5, 2015, 10:35 PM

...I can only dream of seeming so superior and yet tolerant of the other's viewpoint, while making fun of said viewpoint all at the same time. That is quite impressive. You hit the trifecta. Yuk yuk.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic