Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,183

Defense

Jul 4, 2015, 3:37 PM

What is a realistic ranking for our defense in 2015? I know the secondary will be tough but what about the defense as a whole?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

top 20

Jul 4, 2015, 5:25 PM

Not as likely to be top 10 though

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: top 20

Jul 4, 2015, 5:54 PM

Agree easily on top 20, and guess what. Championships have been won with a top 5 offense and a top 20 defense!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Defense

Jul 4, 2015, 6:40 PM

I'd say 11 but if I'm missing it toward the conservative side. We might be top ten.

Folks are missing that our secondary is giving up nothing and our LBs are on duty against the run. Think that, add our TOP with our RBs, jet sweeps and option threat from DW. Now consider what happens when a defense decides their top priority is stopping the run and puts man coverage on out WRs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Between 40-50

Jul 4, 2015, 10:31 PM

Lost 80% of our production from the front seven and will be playing better offenses this year. BV is a great DC and will improve the D throughout the season but the talent level is going to drop off this year. Future is pretty bright if we can improve at DE and CB recruiting-wise.

The offense will be outstanding and should score enough to win most games. Worried about FGs though and OL depth, which could haunt us in a few games.

It is a great part of the college game to have to continually reload so this will be a fun year to watch unfold.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Between 40-50

Jul 4, 2015, 11:05 PM

This would not shock me, but we have a lot to work with on defense and it seems that when gave up the most yards last year, it had as much to do with the offense's inability to move the chains. There are just too many unknowns to make an accurate prediction here, but my guess would be between 20 and 30. Venables worst year was 2012 where finished 48th, and has been much better since.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Between 40-50

Jul 5, 2015, 5:41 AM

Ok, someone says we lost 80% of our production from last years team on defense. Honestly, that means absolutely nothing. A front four of Dodd, Reader, Watkins and Lawson are top notch. YOUTH is replacing them with Pagano, Wilkins, Huggins, Cervenka, Ferrell, Bryant, Johnson. This second line may not be experienced but they are talented. Boulware and Goodson are ready to step in in full time roles. McDaniel and Wiggins are also ready for more reps. The secondary speaks for itself.

Im putting the defense at around 10-15, certainly not 40-50. Thats coot territory at best for them. Not sure what better offenses youre talking about. FSU lost as many starters on offense as we did defense. Louisville lost its best offensive play makers. The coots certainly have nothing to fear except Cooper. GT lost pretty much every offensive weapon they had except quarterback. Where are these much offenses we are going to be facing. ND with their new TO machine in Golston? NCST with Bissett who we completely shut down last year? Weak Forest? Syracuse? Sorry, dont see anyone with the offense we have, or as much talent on defense as we have accumalated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,183
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic