Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Juwuan Briscoe says we tried to hide him
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Juwuan Briscoe says we tried to hide him

Jul 3, 2015, 10:29 AM

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/fateful-tweet-leads-juwuan-briscoe-to-georgia/nmrGn/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Juwuan Briscoe says we tried to hide him

Jul 3, 2015, 10:54 AM

Kid didn't know what commitment mentioned and was pissy when Clemson pulled his offer because of his actions. Mark fields took his spot UPGRADE.

Guess it wouldn't do any good to send him a telegram.***

Jul 3, 2015, 10:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fax him.***

Jul 3, 2015, 11:48 AM

Well, you can't get 'em all. We'll be fine.***

Jul 3, 2015, 12:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jul 3, 2015, 12:18 PM

Naturally, the Urinal-Constipation puts its twist on things. What a rag...an important, very self-serving rag to the Dawg faithful, but a rag nonetheless.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will learn from this and in the future...

Jul 3, 2015, 12:25 PM

Move all high caliber athletes to Albuquerque, NM and place them in a recruitment protection program and once they sign their national letters of intent ship them back to Clemson to proceed in world football domination. There. Problem solved.

~JKB

Hate to see that

Jul 3, 2015, 12:38 PM

Seems Reed kinda fumbled this one....happens. On to the next one

Re: Hate to see that

Jul 3, 2015, 1:31 PM

How do we know that a kid that has already proven his word isn't worth a bad case of runny chits is telling the truth. I mean he did open his recruitment back up after excepting Dabo's policy of no recruiting visits after committing. Then he opens his recruiting back up by secretly tweeting coaches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. You can't blame Reed because a kid has no integrity.***

Jul 3, 2015, 1:33 PM

Clemson put this kid on the map. First offer that held any weight.

Jul 3, 2015, 1:32 PM

Glad we got to upgrade our lone CB signee with Mark Fields.

Biatch needs to keep the name Clemdon out his mouf.***

Jul 3, 2015, 1:38 PM

If Reed truly told him not to go to camps, i think that is

Jul 3, 2015, 2:12 PM

uncool. This time can be so much fun for some of theses kids and it is a great opportunity for our best to show the rest what Clemson recruits can be.

I hope it isn't true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

This is coming from the AJC so you know it's not true***

Jul 3, 2015, 2:25 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Agree

Jul 5, 2015, 12:29 PM [ in reply to If Reed truly told him not to go to camps, i think that is ]

If reed Truly told him not to go to campus because they didn't want him getting "exposed" then that's not right imo. I agree with dabo philosophy on not taking visits to other schools once you are committed but camps are a different story. They can learn new things and even help recruit other athletes to Clemson. But what do i know? Im just an average fan. Ill let the coaches do their job

lame propaganda from AJC, they are still terrified...

Jul 3, 2015, 2:17 PM

of our recruiting ability. Is AJC that dumb enough not to realize CJ Spiller picked us over Urban Meyer, and we beat OSU in the Orange Bowl. The AJC is basically recruiting for Georgia. I think something needs to be done about these publications getting actively involved with the recruiting of a player. It's not journalism when a publication is actively trying to sway kids to a certain school. And enough about these high school players being for life fans. If he was truly a Clemson fan, he would have never decommitted. He was a top priority for us, so there was nothing we did to put him off. He was told he was going to be a big part of the team. This is just nothing more than a kid getting caught up in his recruiting hype, and just was an attention seeker in his recruiting process.

Re: lame propaganda from AJC, they are still terrified...

Jul 3, 2015, 2:20 PM

I dont see the point, most of UGA's recruits cant read anyway.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good thing he didn't take a visit to chapelhole.

Jul 3, 2015, 3:59 PM

gosh knows what they'd have filled his mind with........I expect the staff to respond to this allegation
it'll be interesting to see if the AJC will print Clemson's view of what was said.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who reads the paper anymore? Start mess with Clemson so

Jul 3, 2015, 5:08 PM

3 people will read it. Recruits are not reading the paper! The AJC knows they are becoming extinct an old shock therapy only gets a weak pulse for a moment because they are dead lining to a constant dead tone.

They have no effect on our recruiting. This isn't the way I remember it...lol a recruit this year that wants to go to Clemson no matter where the live, could care less about that straight line tone.

Every now and again they try shock therapy but nobody is there anymore because our world has moved on to today's technology!

It's not worth answering for our coaches. Just let that dead tone ring because nobody else cares what they write to the senior citizens. I'm 8 years away from getting a senior discount and even an old man like me no longer reads the paper.

What I'm saying is only we can give this article a pulse. Let it die, because the paper has been dead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: who reads the paper anymore? Start mess with Clemson so

Jul 4, 2015, 1:22 PM

Exactly, if it had never been here on T-net, I would have never known a thing about it. I do believe the kid is a liar, but I also believe he was prompted into telling that story, or the writer just added his version!!! But I do believe the kid used Clemson's offer to promote himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at his watch............

Jul 3, 2015, 5:40 PM

It should tell you waaaaay more than the time of day.

I'm sure we did

Jul 4, 2015, 9:55 AM

if we have a diamond in the rough, but nobody knows it, why would we want to advertise it? We were his only offer at that point anyway. If he wanted the exposure to other schools, thats fine, but don't commit.

We had the equlivent of a chunky chick who's going on a diet. If we've already invited her to the prom, why should we be left holding the bag if she loses weight and gets hot?

Jul 4, 2015, 4:19 PM

shocking 43 with yet another negative article posted on this site...

pathetic.

null

"But Briscoe’s light was too bright to hide."***

Jul 4, 2015, 8:11 PM

Jul 4, 2015, 8:34 PM

we lost a good one here, kid is a flat out baller that brings that nasty swagger on the field.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2015, 11:58 AM

This is no different than any other recruit. He knew the policy. If he really wanted to play for Clemson this would not have been an issue. Why do you need to go to camps when you have a an offer from your quote dream school. This kid is full of it. Glad it happened we ended up with Fields.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2015, 1:01 PM

Camps are once in a lifetime chances for some of these kids. It's a shame Clemson is so paranoid about them going places. If they are committed, they'll be there. If not, they'll leave. But let the kids enjoy this process of camps and going to other campuses. Stop being so overly protective, let them be kids.

I think it's funny that a bunch of ppl who have never been in this position are commenting. Kid made his choice, hate somewhere else.

Jul 5, 2015, 1:53 PM

You are still not fooling anyone

null

the way I remember it was that it was late in the process

Jul 5, 2015, 5:48 PM

and he wanted to visit Ohio State. Clemson had shut down their recruiting of corners because of his commitment. Clemson coaches told him that if he did that he was no longer commited to Clemson and they would open back up their recruiting of the position. He said that was fine by him b/c Ohio State was his #1 team now.
Clemson then lucked out that the Ole Ball Sack made his stupid comments about only being around for 2 more years, and Mark Fields wanted to fine a better place to land. And, where is there a better place than Clemson, SC?
Clemson ended up with the better player and Briscoe went to UGA instead of Ohio State. Evidently because of all the special attention he was getting.
The way I see it, Clemson was more committed to him than he was to Clemson. Plus, Clemson was his first major offer, all the rest might not have come without Clemson. Now he has sour grapes?

Sour grapes because we looked for his replacement...

Jul 6, 2015, 4:13 AM

because he'd wavered on his commitment. Do he think we be his ho?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic