Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best case for Battle is 6th round, but likely undrafted IMO
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,828

Best case for Battle is 6th round, but likely undrafted IMO

Jul 2, 2015, 9:05 PM

Since in the Supplemental Draft a team is basically giving up the equivalent pick in next year's draft, he has an uphill climb. The way I see it, Battle has 2nd or 3rd round talent, 5th or 6th round production/tape, but undraftable character. I know LTs maybe looked at differently than WRs, but Martavis Bryant had 1st round talent, 3rd or 4th round production/ tape, and 5th or 6th round character issues. He ended up in the 4th round.

It's been 3 years since a player was chosen in the Supplemental draft (Josh Gordnn), so the fact that a player gets drafted there at all is already rare. He'll have a few teams excited about him until they dig and find his playing weight issues and all the off field stuff. Dabo won't throw him under the bus, but I can't see him giving Battle a ringing endorsement either. I do wish him well though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best case for Battle is 6th round, but likely undrafted IMO

Jul 2, 2015, 9:35 PM

I wish him the best of luck. I think he has the talent and we work different when we are supporting a family. I think the responsibility will in fact make him a better player. He will be on somebody's practice squad to develop him.

I agree about him being a 6th round pick. I don't agree about Dabo. I think Dabo will be all in for Battle. I think he truly loves his players and he knows Battle has a growing family. He will not be dishonest but he will help him on his pro day. Dabo is a class act and recruits see who sticks up for them. It could only further their trust in Dabo being for them no matter what when they commit to Clemson. Dabo will be in the trenches trying to help Isaiah for the rest of his life because he loves him and cares for him. Just my opinion.

Go Tigers! Go Isaiah and thank you for the strong performances against the best competition! I wish you continued success for the rest of a life, once a Tiger always a Tiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 2, 2015, 10:25 PM

He started putting on weight once we got a training table and he was put on a proper diet.

Here's a 'few' other opinions... Link:

Jul 2, 2015, 11:24 PM

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profilexnews.php?pyid=121998&draftyear=2016&genpos=OT

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems most 'pundits' think mid-round

Jul 3, 2015, 5:36 AM

Looks like Battle is the only game in town as far as being draftable. I think one of the links mentioned July 7 pro day. Sounds like there will be pretty good attendance if fans bullshitting on their team sites are an indication.

Wow. BS'ing didn't get censored...yet :)
Makes me feel giddy.

Message was edited by: ninetytwotiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2015, 8:50 PM

Character, undraftable? I'm guessing you paid zero attention to this years draft. He is a saint compared to some of them. Best case scenario for him is undrafted. He can then choose the best situation to go to camp. Either way he ain't breaking the bank. But if he goes to a good situation he may get a shot to play. Playing for money may change him. The kid can play.

Jul 3, 2015, 11:47 PM

I don't know of many players drafted with Battle character resume:

- He blatantly punched a player half his size with a vicious upper cut on National TV in the middle of a game
- He's had at least one failed drug test that we know of
- He's been disrespectful/insubordinate to coaches (not sure about Dabo, but definitely to Coach Caldwell)
- He's been busted for weed for his 3rd strike

These are just the things that I know about that have been documented. His leash was long because of his talent, potential, and the fact that we didn't have a decent enough option behind him. I guarantee the people that are saying he goes in the middle rounds have no clue of all his indiscretions. If he had just one or two issues, he no doubt would be a middle round guy. I just can't see it when all the due diligence is done people discover he has such a long wrap sheet.

I still wish him well, but also think it sends a bad message for him to go even in the middle rounds.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,828
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic