Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Court date set for Howard's Rock case
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 892

Court date set for Howard's Rock case

Jul 2, 2015, 5:09 PM

Staff Report

The North Carolina man charged with vandalizing Howard's Rock at Clemson's football stadium two years ago is set for trial next month.

The attorney for 20-year-old Micah Rogers of Pisgah Forest, North Carolina, said the case would be in heard in Pickens on July 20th. Rogers is charged with grand larceny and malicious injury to property of more than $10,000. He could face up to 20 years in jail.

Police said Rogers broke into Clemson's stadium on June 2, 2013, and damaged the case surrounding the rock before chipping off a piece of the stone. Two others, including Rogers' father Michael, were charged in the case.

The rock is part of the traditional entrance for the Clemson football team. Coaches and players rub the rock before entering the stadium.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Court date set for Howard's Rock case

Jul 2, 2015, 5:54 PM

Why in the world would it take TWO YEARS to bring this to trial??? This is not a murder case! ( although it is near and dear to the hearts of CU fans )

Jul 2, 2015, 6:27 PM

you would be amazed at how many cases are way over 2 yrs old and still on the dockets. Defense lawyers will put it off as long as they can...some hoping it never comes up in court or the DA gets tired of waiting on it and just throws it out. When I live, the former solicitor held on to so many cases that the defense used the excuses of not getting a speedy trial and they were thrown out. The newly elected solicitor does not play games and he will have people in a trial in 2-4 months or less and has been highly successful in getting nice sentences for the suspect. It is all a game to defense lawyers

Jul 2, 2015, 7:59 PM

I know that you are right--it is sad how things have gone in this country. But...with all of the interest from the Clemson community, why hasn't the University with its paid/retained legal staff pushed this case up on the docket? Do we ( CU/the state of SC ) not have any clout in the legal arena?! Or do the University's attorneys not give a crap?

I hope the jury rules to have his rocks vandalized !***

Jul 2, 2015, 8:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2015, 8:07 PM

It's about d@mn time!!!! I know the kid will most likely get a slap on the wrist, but I think a fitting punishment for the crime would be to make him stand in front of Death Valley and great each and every fan as they enter the stadium ??

And also make a public apology during halftime

lol....cost prohibitive....

Dec 28, 2012, 1:39 PM

there'd have to be a HUGE security force protecting the young man!!

(but I'd love to watch that particular meet and greet!)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 892
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic