Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
O-Line...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,371

O-Line...

Jul 2, 2015, 3:03 PM

Contrary to popular belief, the sky is not falling. With Battle at LT, this probably would have been the best OL unit under Dabo. Without Battle, this is still an OL group that is on-par or even better than just about every year prior to now. We had great success in 2011 and 2012 with an average OL.

Only now, there is much more talent on D and at the skill positions than we had in the early years. DW is a superior QB than TB and it will really start to show next year. Assuming we don't have some sort of freak scenario with injuries, the sky is still the limit for this team.

We will be fine!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW looks better so far.

Jul 2, 2015, 3:13 PM

Having a big RB that can pound the middle to keep LBs occupied helps prevent us wearing DW out as we did Tajh. We will be able to control a clock better because of that.

Our Defense preventing long drives should give us more possession than we did during most of Tajh's years. Our new kicking game will start our guys closer than Tajh usually started which will more often flip the field.

Guys, not trying to diminish the value we place on DW but we've got much more to look forward to this season than just a Quarterback.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long...

Jul 2, 2015, 4:31 PM

I have seen Clemson sites that have basically killed our chances this year because of the Battle loss. There are obviously no guarantees at this point and injuries could cost us games this year. In my opinion the OL will be better than we have seen in a long time. Yes, I would have liked to have Battle in the mix but keep in mind that Battle has issues with consistency and if you are given as many chances as he has had and still mess up you have to question the young man's maturity. Hyatt is a different animal all together, Battle is talented but Hyatt is the total package. In my opinion he will be a better player by the end of the year than Battle ever was. I think we will run the ball well and pass pro will improve as the season progresses. DW is the perfect QB to have with a new LT. He is poised, aware in the pocket, and athletic. We were a mash unit at OL with little to no running game early last year and he still looked like a world beater. Wait until he has a running game and Hyatt gets some real game experience. We will be scary good on offense. The areas that worry me are kicker and depth at DE and LB. If we can avoid major injuries and develop those areas we will be a contender for the playoff. Just for kicks I will make these predictions: 1. TCU and Baylor will again finish with 1 or more losses(Boyken is way overrated and Baylor is loaded at skill but can't play in the trenches) 2. Georgia will win the SEC(I know their history of coming up short but I love their running game and Defense if they can find a manager at QB) 3. Clemson will finish 12-1 with a loss to GT in the regular season (trap game and tough D assignment after an emotional win over ND)but will win in a rematch against them in the ACC championship game. 4. Clemson will go to the playoff over a 1 loss Baylor or TCU because of the additional quality win and close loss to a quality team. 5. Playoff 4 will be OSU, Clemson, Georgia and a Pac 12 team. FSU will finish 10-2 and will be primed for a mega game with CU in Tally in 2016. 6. DT Christian Wilkins will be a stud and will be a major contributor this year for Clemson inside if healthy. Ok I'm done.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: O-Line...

Jul 2, 2015, 4:35 PM

If the O-line becomes much of a problem then we will just go at break neck speed.
Plus Watson can get out the pocket with the best and deliver a strike.
We may not have much of a ground control game but with the talent and speed it don't matter.

Re: O-Line...

Jul 2, 2015, 5:19 PM

Well the best news is that we have two non-p5 games to start the year to get the OL some time together and file review.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,371
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic