Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Overton won't make Clemson's cookout, per KornCOOT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,829

Overton won't make Clemson's cookout, per KornCOOT

Jul 2, 2015, 1:07 PM

By Phil Kornblut

Clemson will stage its All-In Cookout July 17th and the Tigers hope to attract several of their uncommitted targets to campus. One who will not be there is WR Diondre Overton of Greensboro, NC. Overton said he will be at Tennessee that day.

But it's not like he's avoiding Clemson. He spent three days for camp there last month and also was there for two days the weekend of the spring game. Overton found the camp experience enlightening.

"The way Coach (Jeff) Scott interacted with us, it was good to have him around coaching us on the particulars of our game. We were around him 24/7. I loved that about the camp," Overton said. "I kind of knew a lot (about Clemson) so I just went down there to get a better feel for it and get closer to the coaches and the players."

Clemson, Tennessee, Nebraska, NC State and North Carolina make up Overton's final five and it's the Tigers and Vols residing at the top.

"Clemson and Tennessee have always kind of been at the top battling it out," Overton said. "Both of them are coming at me strong with all they've got and all they have to offer."

As for what might be the deciding factor, Overton answered, "When it comes right down to it, most likely it's going to be the wide receiver coach that I'm around. I'm going to be around the wide receiver coach 24/7. He's going to basically help me develop my full potential. I would think the coach matters."

Overton hopes to make his decision before the season.

Catch Phil Kornblut every night on SportsTalk and get more of his statewide recruiting news at SportsTalkSC.com and on Twitter @SportsTalkSC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Overton won't make Clemson's cookout, per KornCOOT

Jul 2, 2015, 1:22 PM

His stepdad scheduled this for him before the All In Cookout was announced. He'll be in the Clemson 2016 recruiting class though

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,829
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic