Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best wishes to Boudreaux. Here's where we go from here...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,353

Best wishes to Boudreaux. Here's where we go from here...

Jul 2, 2015, 1:03 PM

I must say it has been fun following Parker through the recruiting process. I can't think of once where he didn't take the time for an interview and he really did embrace being a top prospect. Nothing at all wrong with having a young person enjoy the prime of their life. We should all wish him the very best on any endeavor regardless of his commitment choice. So where do we go from here?

(Parker's commit video- http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2512969-the-commitment-megastar-recruit-pulls-16000-lb-bus-to-announce-college-choice )

Clemson commit Sean Pollard is one of the more hidden gems at his position in this class. Pollard is a tremendously talented guy who is getting plenty of respect for his efforts at the camp that was held in Charlotte. Pollard is All In and is scheduled to graduate in December and enroll early at Clemson. Watch his film and you'll see a guy that plays til the whistle and gets down field to continue blocks http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2196811/highlights/217958375/v2 Plus he was verified as being 6'5 and 310 per NIKE Sparq. Shhh.. don't tell em' how good he is, let that be our little secret.

From Pollard on his commit day: "It's a second family," Pollard said of Clemson. "It's basically just a college-level version of our program here. They're just so family-oriented and they look out for everybody. Even though it's four and a half hours away from home, I'm not going to be homesick that much because I know I'm with another band of brothers." Read more at http://www.highschoolot.com/pinecrest-ol-pollard-commits-to-clemson/14295003/#77StAAysqHwaQwJR.99

Next, we'll move on to an elite lineman from right here in the Palmetto state in John Simpson. There shouldn't be any reason why we'd allow another school to scoop up such a highly regarded target as Simpson. Rumors are he's big on us and Georgia but he'd look great in Clemson orange. Now we still have yet to learn if he'll be at the All In Cookout or attend UGA's Dawg Nights. If he does decide not to be in Tigertown for the event, I wouldn't study it too much because we are clearly the ones to beat.

An article from Rivals on John , "Simpson emerged this fall as a dominant prospect on the offensive line, showing excellent footwork and good strength while working as a tackle. He will likely play at guard at the next level and with his athleticism, he has the ability to translate his talents into several different types of offensive schemes." Woody Wommack

All things considered I'd still like to take a shot at promising lineman Bryce Mathews, who was on hand for the Clemson versus South Carolina game. Mathews was also in Clemson in late April and, going by some his interviews, we made quite an inpression on him. I probably like him more than most pundits do. I especially like his pass blocking skills. 24/7.com has him as the #28 tackle in the nation but I'd like to see 27 tackles better than him. If I'm on Clemson's staff I'd press hard for him! I'd do any and everything to get him down for the All In Cookout. While most feel it's down to Tennessee and Texas A&M, it wouldn't surprise me to see Clemson try and press for his services with the way things look now. Check him out- http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1392409/bryce-mathews

Landon Dickerson is another name to throw out there for sake of conversation cause he's visited and is interested in engineering. Coaches, please try to get him down for another visit because he's improving weekly and he could really be an impact player. His stock is sky rocketing and based on his recent camp film and evaluations I can understand why. "I don't really have top schools. I have a few schools that stand out to me at the moment and those would be Virginia Tech, Tennessee and South Carolina."(from 3/12/15) I really won't speculate on our chances with him other than to add him to this list- though I acknowledge that VT is probably the team to beat. He's received an invite to The Opening Camp and here's some footage- http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3337153/highlights/85112687

Mammoth recruit Richard Merritt (6-5 340) from Washington, DC holds a Clemson offer and is one of the highest rated tackles in the nation. I'd really like to see the Tigers push to get him on campus for a visit this summer or fall. Alabama and Florida State are said to be at the top of Merritt's list. While I may not like our chances, we'll never know if we don't try.

Alex Smith of Woodstock, GA is a 6'5 280 pounder who attended CU Junior Day, received an offer, and called us his leader. His team is run oriented but at that size with a year of HS left who knows where he could end up. Smith certainly has the size and could development into an impressive lineman. Here's some film of Smith http://www.prepforce.com/video/6027/2016-ol-alex-smith-2013-season-highlights?AVS=04fbc40c2bde8247f9dd2053f13c9e65

Clemson recently made the Top 8 for lineman Tremayne Anchrum (6-4 275) of Powder Springs, GA. Anchrum has expressed interest in deciding on a school this summer and his list includes Clemson, UGA, Nebraska, Mizzou, VTech, Wake, BC, and Colorado. Similar to Smith, he has the size to play at this level. He's considering studying meteorology or "something involving nature." (I'm not making that up either)

Last but not least, E.J. Price is an enormous tackle who recently decommitted from UGA. I know a lot of pundits say it's a Michigan or Auburn lock but I don't study that too much. Let's not forget he had plenty of great things to say about us prior to the verbal to UGA. “One of the things that really stands out to me is that a lot of the coaching staff are graduates of Clemson. A lot of schools will tell you that they will take care of you once you graduate, but Clemson actually shows it and they show it that they have their guys in there." Price stated. If Dabo and crew wish to continue a trend of stellar offensive line classes, I'd look no further than pushing extremely hard for Price's services. Heck, I'd fly a plane with a Clemson banner trailing it over his house. I'll even foot the bill for it because hey, I'm All In. "Very athletic, can run, he's powerful but only scratching the surface of what he can do. "He's very athletic. He has a mean streak. He's like the prototype left tackle." says Price's coach Todd Wofford.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BegwqzuMPYg

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and...

Jul 2, 2015, 1:06 PM

they seemed so happy together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta land Simpson. Press for Price,Mathews, Anchum

Jul 2, 2015, 1:14 PM

or Dickerson. Nothing is ever guaranteed but I wouldn't go kickin rocks down a dusty road just yet. The dead period puts a damper on things.

Great to have Mitch and Jake already on campus and learning. Nonetheless we need to secure the future with some more top OL prospects.

Now that he's committed to ND

Jul 2, 2015, 1:12 PM

Dude very overrated. Not joking.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Also prefer Anchrum over PB.***

Jul 2, 2015, 1:15 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Best wishes to Boudreaux. Here's where we go from here...

Jul 2, 2015, 1:33 PM

Alabama must have a solid connection at Carroll. Both Merritt and Williams are being recruited heavily by them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On EJ Price

Jul 2, 2015, 2:20 PM

Schools are backing off of him including UGA and Clemson. Don't know the whole story but don't expect Clemson to persue.

On Landon Dickerson

Jul 2, 2015, 2:23 PM

Initially we had a great chance but he did not like his visit to Clemson. We gave way more attention to Pollard and it rubbed him the wrong way.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,353
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic