Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
10 days ago, Atlanta Bravos were about 2 games out -
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,865

10 days ago, Atlanta Bravos were about 2 games out -

Jul 1, 2015, 7:41 PM

now they are 7 and reeling. Do they miss Justin, Kimbrell, McCann yet?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, the Braves are who we thought they are.

Jul 1, 2015, 7:44 PM

Missing Kimbrell more than anyone else I think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I miss Kimbrel. But I'm more glad B.J. Upton is gone.

Jul 1, 2015, 9:40 PM

The Kimbrel trade was an excellent one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I agree that unloading B.J. Upton was a good move....

Jul 2, 2015, 7:43 AM

for the organization, the Atlanta bullpen has been awful. Atlanta’s bullpen has the second worst ERA in the league, better than only the Rockies who play in a hitter-friendly home ballpark. Perhaps that's why the organization took 18 pitchers in their first 23 picks in the recent MLB draft and why they've gotten a pitcher back in almost every trade they've made.

While I do think part of the problems is Freddy Gonzalez who has a reputation for overworking and mismanaging his pitchers, if the Braves are going to be successful in retooling the club, the pitching (especially the relief pitching) has to improve significantly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It may be that in those 10 days they've played the Nats 4

Jul 1, 2015, 7:58 PM

times. And seeing as the Nats are finally playing like we expected...

WHO ? ? ? ?***

Jul 1, 2015, 8:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: 10 days ago, Atlanta Bravos were about 2 games out -

Jul 1, 2015, 9:03 PM

What they miss most of all, is a new manager. Just look what he has done to this team, not only this year but the last several years. Been going down hill the last several years. He believes if your making millions then you should play. Look what he did with BJ batting around .100 but he still started him all of last year. About the same with the pitchers, leaving them in to long and then brining in the same relief pitchers who can't get an out. The only the thing about this year is Freeman, Maybin, Miller and Simmons

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

Jul 1, 2015, 9:44 PM

You can't be serious. If they are making that much money, the gm pretty much dictates they play. Freddy didn't make the trades to get the scrubs he has had; Frank Wren did. Freddy has done a pretty darn good job with what he had.

Jul 1, 2015, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: 10 days ago, Atlanta Bravos were about 2 games out - ]

I love the Braves but it's the same story with the them every year. They haven't had a solid pitching rotation in some time now and they always allow quality players to get away toward the end of their contract. They seem to sign veterans toward the end of their playing days and are reluctant to spend any money on star pitching. They have had some success during the regular season at times but they are not built to make a deep run into the playoffs. The end result is what we have seen for a while now. I don't think it's the coaching but I think more often than not it's like the Braves don't want to spend the money necessary to make a title run. Just my honest opinion.....

Losing streak started with Freeman out.***

Jul 2, 2015, 6:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,865
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic